U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-09-2016, 05:17 PM
 
3,431 posts, read 2,751,065 times
Reputation: 4111

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Exactly. Would you take your car to a mechanic that has never driven before?
You've explained that you're male. You've never been to an OBGYN as a patient yourself. Many women posting here have that actual life experience (I've been to several male and female doctors). So we're the ones with the experience, and you want us all to believe that you're the expert! What's the difference there?

 
Old 09-09-2016, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Venus
4,252 posts, read 2,799,449 times
Reputation: 6793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Of course I would be, that's why I wouldn't go to a female doctor for such an exam. You can't have it both ways. If there is nothing sexual about such an exam than you shouldn't be anymore embarrassed than if the doctor was looking in your ear.

And if you had read my post, I didn't have a choice-I was in the military. I didn't know who my doc was going to be until he walked in. If I had met him prior to "having it all hang out" so to speak, I probably wouldn't have been as embarrassed as I was.



Cat
 
Old 09-09-2016, 05:29 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
And if you had read my post, I didn't have a choice-I was in the military. I didn't know who my doc was going to be until he walked in. If I had met him prior to "having it all hang out" so to speak, I probably wouldn't have been as embarrassed as I was.



Cat
You could have asked for a different doctor or refused.
 
Old 09-09-2016, 05:36 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
You've explained that you're male. You've never been to an OBGYN as a patient yourself. Many women posting here have that actual life experience (I've been to several male and female doctors). So we're the ones with the experience, and you want us all to believe that you're the expert! What's the difference there?
I have been to the gynecologist with previous girlfriends and I am probably going with my current girlfriend soon. None of the would see a male gynecologist. I have talked to all of them about it. They all agree with what I said in this thread. Many have refused to see male gynecologists when there appointments were changed. All were creeped out by the idea. Granted, I do only date intelligent women who think for themselves and don't blindly accept what they have been told. So that isn't exactly a representative sample.

BTW aren't you the same one arguing that male obgyns don't need to experience femalehood in order to make a good female-issue doctor? Yet because I am a male I cannot possibly have expertise in this discussion. You don't see the contradiction there at all?
 
Old 09-09-2016, 05:57 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
"The AJC obtained and analyzed more than 100,000 disciplinary documents and other records from across the country to find cases that may have involved sexual misconduct. Then reporters identified more than 3,100 doctors who were publicly disciplined since Jan. 1, 1999 after being accused of sexual infractions. More than 2,400 were sanctioned for violations that clearly involved patients. The rest were disciplined for sexual harassment of employees or for crimes such as child pornography, public indecency or sexual assault.

Yet many, if not most, cases of physician sexual misconduct remain hidden. The AJC investigation discovered that state boards and hospitals handle some cases secretly. In other cases, medical boards remove once-public orders from their websites or issue documents that cloak sexual misconduct in vague language.

When cases do come to the public’s attention, they are often brushed off by the medical establishment as freakishly rare. While the vast majority of the nation’s 900,000 doctors do not sexually abuse patients, the AJC found the phenomenon is akin to the priest scandal: It doesn’t necessarily happen every day, but it happens far more often than anyone has acknowledged."

http://doctors.ajc.com/doctors_sex_a..._microsite_nav
 
Old 09-09-2016, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Venus
4,252 posts, read 2,799,449 times
Reputation: 6793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
You could have asked for a different doctor or refused.

The military is a bit different than it is in civilian life. Sometimes you just don't have a choice! At the time, I didn't have a choice. That was the ONLY doc and I couldn't refused because I had an abnormal pap smear which is why I was there in the first place.

You weren't there, you don't know the circumstances, and you certainly don't know me! I am just telling about something that happened to me a long time ago and you think that I was totally wrong for the way I felt at the time. I really wish that you would not make assumptions about people you don't even know or situations that you were not there for.




Cat
 
Old 09-09-2016, 06:04 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
The military is a bit different than it is in civilian life. Sometimes you just don't have a choice! At the time, I didn't have a choice. That was the ONLY doc and I couldn't refused because I had an abnormal pap smear which is why I was there in the first place.

You weren't there, you don't know the circumstances, and you certainly don't know me! I am just telling about something that happened to me a long time ago and you think that I was totally wrong for the way I felt at the time. I really wish that you would not make assumptions about people you don't even know or situations that you were not there for.




Cat
What assumption did I make? If you told the doctor "no" they would have held you down and done it anyway? If not, then you had a choice. You wouldn't have died if you waited for a female doctor to do the exam. You had a choice. Why are you being defensive? Where did I say you were wrong?
 
Old 09-09-2016, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Venus
4,252 posts, read 2,799,449 times
Reputation: 6793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
What assumption did I make? If you told the doctor "no" they would have held you down and done it anyway? If not, then you had a choice. You wouldn't have died if you waited for a female doctor to do the exam. You had a choice. Why are you being defensive? Where did I say you were wrong?

You said that I shouldn't have felt embarrassed when I did. I tried to explain the situation to you but you just don't get it.


I have said my piece and I am totally done with this tread!


Cat
 
Old 09-09-2016, 06:38 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,108,282 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
You said that I shouldn't have felt embarrassed when I did. I tried to explain the situation to you but you just don't get it.


I have said my piece and I am totally done with this tread!


Cat
I said you shouldn't have felt embarrassed if there is nothing remotely sexual about a gynecological exam from a male doctor. Given that I think there is something sexual about it, I think it was perfectly reasonable to feel embarrassed. All I am asking for is some consistency from the people in this thread.
 
Old 09-09-2016, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
27,472 posts, read 17,629,902 times
Reputation: 39936
I'm going to stop feeding posters with unusual fetishes. It's pointless and it's actually what they want.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top