Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
"Across specialties, male physicians are more likely to be sued than female physicians, and indeed, in this survey, more male ob/gyns (89%) were sued than female ob/gyns (81%). Sixty-seven percent of men and 69% of women were named along with others in malpractice suits, whereas 22% of men and only 12% of women were the only parties sued.

Most physicians will face a lawsuit during their career, and ob/gyns are the most frequently sued. According to recent studies, ob/gyns and surgeons are most likely to be sued among all physicians.[1,2] In the Medscape survey, 85% of ob/gyns, 83% of general surgeons, and 79% of orthopedists have been sued. In addition, at 23% and 26%, respectively, general surgeons and orthopedists were most likely to be the only parties named in a suit, with ob/gyns coming in third at 18%."

http://www.medscape.com/features/sli...5/obgyn#page=2

Important Tips For Female Patients To Prevent Sexual Misconduct By Doctors and Other Medical Professionals
Find Misconduct Cases By OB/GYN Physicians
8 Unbelievable Stories About Inappropriate Gynecologists (doctor, gynecologist, inappropriate) - ODDEE
Why Women Should Avoid Male Doctors For Intimate Female Health Issues?
Sex abuse allegations against gynecologist pile up - NY Daily News
Gynecologist accused of inappropriate comments, touching | CJOnline.com
Gynecologist Hid Camera, Patients Consider Lawsuits
Florida Doctor Charged With Sexual Abuse After Gynecological Exam

Show me a single case of a female Obgyn being charged with sexual assault, abuse or harassment. I can't find one. You are the one living in fantasy land.
You quote stats for doctors in various specialties being sued for any and every reason, not just sexual assault (which would be a criminal charge). And you say OBGYNs are third behind general surgeons and orthopedists (bone doctors)!!

How many doctors have been *convicted in criminal cases*, by specialization? Show me those stats. Specifically for sexual assault--not just for other malpractice claims, like mistakes made during birth deliveries, etc.

And since female physicians of any sort have been a rarity until recent years, well, of course fewer of them have been around to be sued. That's simple math. But... Women can be exploitative and abusive too, though, even if they aren't doctors, it's obvious from the news, they exploit students, children in their care, etc. Why assume women doctors would be any safer than male doctors? Why assume that male doctors are a greater threat? Who's naive, now?

Off topic, but... People don't want to believe that women can be abusive, that's why women who abuse kids have so rarely been convicted before recently. Women sexually assault other women, that's a prison reality that you don't hear about often. Well, I will just wait for our forum fetishists to chime in, I'm sure they'll be along shortly to fill us all in on their take on "reality"....

Old 09-01-2016, 07:57 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hahahaha - and you think that only MEN, or more specifically only male doctors have fantasies? I'm sure there are a number of lesbian gynos out there too. Why are you conveniently forgetting to include them in your fantastical rant? Let's at least be equal opportunity!
Quote:
You think there are an equal number of lesbian gynecologists as there are male gynecologists? What country do you live in?
And where did I say EQUAL numbers?!?!?!?!?! Take a second and actually read - I said equal opportunity so I'm saying it's silly to think you're 100% "safe" with a female gyno...and the rest of the poster's rant was just that...a rant. Post silly crap and you get silly crap back <shrug>

Old 09-01-2016, 10:56 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
And where did I say EQUAL numbers?!?!?!?!?! Take a second and actually read - I said equal opportunity so I'm saying it's silly to think you're 100% "safe" with a female gyno...and the rest of the poster's rant was just that...a rant. Post silly crap and you get silly crap back <shrug>
Show me a single case of sexual assault or abuse from a female Obgyn.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
You quote stats for doctors in various specialties being sued for any and every reason, not just sexual assault (which would be a criminal charge). And you say OBGYNs are third behind general surgeons and orthopedists (bone doctors)!!

How many doctors have been *convicted in criminal cases*, by specialization? Show me those stats. Specifically for sexual assault--not just for other malpractice claims, like mistakes made during birth deliveries, etc.

And since female physicians of any sort have been a rarity until recent years, well, of course fewer of them have been around to be sued. That's simple math. But... Women can be exploitative and abusive too, though, even if they aren't doctors, it's obvious from the news, they exploit students, children in their care, etc. Why assume women doctors would be any safer than male doctors? Why assume that male doctors are a greater threat? Who's naive, now?

Off topic, but... People don't want to believe that women can be abusive, that's why women who abuse kids have so rarely been convicted before recently. Women sexually assault other women, that's a prison reality that you don't hear about often. Well, I will just wait for our forum fetishists to chime in, I'm sure they'll be along shortly to fill us all in on their take on "reality"....

Did you even read any of what I said or the links I posted?

Male gynecologists are sued at nearly double the rate as female one when they are sued as individuals.

I just linked dozens of sexual assault and abuse cases commited by male gynecologists, like I said above, show me one case with a female gynecologist. All the cases I showed you are recent so your argument doesn't hold water.

I have proved to you that male gynecologists are WAY more likely to sexually abuse patients. You just refuse to admit that you are wrong.

More links:

http://doctors.ajc.com
New Sex Abuse Scandal: 2,400 Doctors Implicated by Patients - ABC News

Old 09-02-2016, 04:23 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Every time I've been in a room for an exam with a male gynecologist, there has been a nurse or tech. They, the doctor, knew what could happen, and it wasn't going to happen to them. It just takes one person to cry foul, and your career is shot.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:13 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:

1) The doctor that doesn't have the same organs as them to allow them to understand what having these parts feels like.
2) The doctor that is FAR more likely to be sexually attracted to the patient and have inappropriate thoughts about the patient.
3) The doctor that is FAR more likely to do something inappropriate such as sexual assault or something else illegal to the patient.
4) The doctor that is most likely going to need to have another person, a female nurse, in the room in order to make sure they don't do something weird or creepy.

The only reasons that I can think of for a woman choosing a male doctor for such examinations over a female is

1) They get sexual pleasure from the experience and thinking about it.
2) They have a problem with women in positions of power.
3) They don't like being talked down to by a woman and prefer to be talked down to by a man.
4) They have no other option.
5) They are clueless.

Are you serious? The reasons male gynos have a female nurse in the room is to protect THEMSELVES from accusations from delusional women. The only comment that makes any sense is # 4 "they have no other option". You're not always going to find a female gyno/ob doctor in every town, especially a small one. I'm old enough to remember when most doctors were male.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:11 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,525,630 times
I agree with OP, the gender of the doc or nurse is irrelevant for care. Both of my OBGYNs were male.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Are you serious? The reasons male gynos have a female nurse in the room is to protect THEMSELVES from accusations from delusional women. The only comment that makes any sense is # 4 "they have no other option". You're not always going to find a female gyno/ob doctor in every town, especially a small one. I'm old enough to remember when most doctors were male.
It's fine if you disagree, but what I said is true. I have seen a number of examples of all of the following.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Did you even read any of what I said or the links I posted?

Male gynecologists are sued at nearly double the rate as female one when they are sued as individuals.

I just linked dozens of sexual assault and abuse cases commited by male gynecologists, like I said above, show me one case with a female gynecologist. All the cases I showed you are recent so your argument doesn't hold water.

I have proved to you that male gynecologists are WAY more likely to sexually abuse patients. You just refuse to admit that you are wrong.

More links:

http://doctors.ajc.com
New Sex Abuse Scandal: 2,400 Doctors Implicated by Patients - ABC News
Nope - you implied that ONLY males had such issues - YOU prove to me that female doctors never had had similar cases. There are no absolutes in this world...YOU are wrong by default.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Every time I've been in a room for an exam with a male gynecologist, there has been a nurse or tech. They, the doctor, knew what could happen, and it wasn't going to happen to them. It just takes one person to cry foul, and your career is shot.
Not necessarily true....that's why doctors have malpractice insurance...many things are "settled" with part of the settlement being that it is sealed and no one finds out about the "allegations". But yeah, it's cheap to have a nurse or some other female around so why not?

But couldn't a "crazy" (or sane) female also make crazy (or real) allegations against a female ob/gyn? Do THEY usually have witnesses? Guess it's all in what the perceived odds are of such a thing happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness