Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 06:32 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,064,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Clearly a doctor is a doctor, but that is not a logically sound argument. Clearly you are not aware of sexual fetishes. Put the majority of straight men in a position of waxing an attractive woman or performing a physical exam on them, I guarentee they would get turned on by these activities.
A pap smear ? You think the average hetero male doctor gets turned on doing a pap smear on an attractive woman? I guess you've never seen that view. Between the gown, the coverings, the speculum and the light, I'm surprised these guys ever want to have sex again after seeing that!

Incidentally, I don't think I've had a male doctor require a female medical asst. in the room for decades. I work in the field, though not directly in patient care anymore. I don't think it's a law, as someone up-thread thought it might be, it might just be something the liability carrier recommends.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:15 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,346,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I listed dozens and dozens of cases against male gynecologists sexually abusing female patients. Show me a case where a female gynecologist sexually abused a patient. You don't care about facts or statistics. I have posted link after link that backs my claims and you are just sitting there and refusing to listen to facts and data.

Find Misconduct Cases By OB/GYN Physicians
The link you give says right on the main page, big disclaimer, "we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information"... who are the site developers? You realize that a fetish is pretty much defined by the fact that it's uncommon right? Are you clear on that?

Old 09-07-2016, 07:53 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,653,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
A pap smear ? You think the average hetero male doctor gets turned on doing a pap smear on an attractive woman? I guess you've never seen that view. Between the gown, the coverings, the speculum and the light, I'm surprised these guys ever want to have sex again after seeing that!

Incidentally, I don't think I've had a male doctor require a female medical asst. in the room for decades. I work in the field, though not directly in patient care anymore. I don't think it's a law, as someone up-thread thought it might be, it might just be something the liability carrier recommends.
I have seen that, I did get turned on and she was too. We had *** right after. I really don't think you understand the male brain.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:57 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,653,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
The link you give says right on the main page, big disclaimer, "we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information"... who are the site developers? You realize that a fetish is pretty much defined by the fact that it's uncommon right? Are you clear on that?
It is because they are linking to news sites outside there website. There is nothing unusual about that. Did you even click on any of the links?

Given the number of link I have provided I feel it would be safe to assume that a woman is at least 50 to 100 times more likely to be assualted by a male doctor than a female doctor and possibly much more likely than that.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:31 PM

997 posts, read 931,656 times
Personally It depends on the Dr. I have a Dr. phobia in general so whoever it is has to make me feel comfortable. I don't care about their gender because I don't think they care about my organs in a personal way.

I would think that it would ruin sex for a man to have their work be about looking and touching and examining and palpating.

I used to work in a clinic and I asked why men become gynecologists. I was told that it is because the specialty is high paying and relatively pleasant. They deal with a subject that usually has a good prognosis and they get to deliver babies and that is more fun and easier then some other specialties.

That is what I was told. I am not saying that is right, but it made sense.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:20 PM

32,832 posts, read 36,112,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
Personally It depends on the Dr. I have a Dr. phobia in general so whoever it is has to make me feel comfortable. I don't care about their gender because I don't think they care about my organs in a personal way.

I would think that it would ruin sex for a man to have their work be about looking and touching and examining and palpating.

I used to work in a clinic and I asked why men become gynecologists. I was told that it is because the specialty is high paying and relatively pleasant. They deal with a subject that usually has a good prognosis and they get to deliver babies and that is more fun and easier then some other specialties.

That is what I was told. I am not saying that is right, but it made sense.
The standard OB/GYN exam is pretty boring. Delivering babies can be easy or very challenging. It does pay more than family practice.

Oh, how I miss those guys from years ago. I'm so old..... (that's a C-D thread) that the family doctor delivered me. He had to drag me out with forceps. My mother worked for him and he was a friend. We went to Thanksgiving dinner at his house one year. He drove my mother to work when it snowed.

He didn't have a problem controlling himself.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:04 AM

32,832 posts, read 36,112,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Not necessarily true....that's why doctors have malpractice insurance...many things are "settled" with part of the settlement being that it is sealed and no one finds out about the "allegations". But yeah, it's cheap to have a nurse or some other female around so why not?

But couldn't a "crazy" (or sane) female also make crazy (or real) allegations against a female ob/gyn? Do THEY usually have witnesses? Guess it's all in what the perceived odds are of such a thing happening.
That's not the way things work in a very small city or town. Everyone has head all about it before the lawyers become involved.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:59 AM

236 posts, read 257,010 times
No, I don't think it's weird just because the doctor is a guy. I was super unhappy with a female gynecologist at the university health center during college. All of the other female obgyns I've been to have been kind of meh, not gentle, and didn't bother to try to establish rapport. Luckily I finally found one who is nice and I like (though I will never like the yearly exam), who happens to be a man. So basically, it really depends upon the individual doctor.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:28 AM

67 posts, read 63,331 times
Uhh..Ladies, how can you be okay with a male gyno? With a woman she has had periods and stuff, so why would you not want a female that knows what periods are, as opposed to having to talk with a man about your periods who only know text-book stuff?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:50 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,897,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
Uhh..Ladies, how can you be okay with a male gyno? With a woman she has had periods and stuff, so why would you not want a female that knows what periods are, as opposed to having to talk with a man about your periods who only know text-book stuff?
Because the idea that someone has to personally experience what you're experiencing in order to assist you with a problem is asinine. Right now, I'm having issues with my left shoulder dislocating. My orthopedic surgeon has never had a dislocated shoulder. Does that mean he is clueless about how to help me fix my shoulder dislocations or doesn't understand how painful they are just because he hasn't had them himself? Of course not. He's still an expert at repairing bones and joints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness