U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 04:02 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,413,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
Is everyone just about finished bickering and judging? This thread is dead. The OP obviously isn't coming back any time soon (if ever), so what's the point? We all agree that nobody should take up smoking.
The thread has run its course. Many do, the good part being the influence the information has in maybe helping someone make a wise decision as opposed to a bad one. Obviously the bad here is the OPs wife continuing to smoke, despite being young and already showing health issues.

Many posters have helped numerous people and thier posts will continue to do so. Good stuff.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:23 PM

7,032 posts, read 8,195,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graneenja View Post
Wife and I have been married for 3 years, I am 30 and she is 29. When we met we were both smokers but I quit after a process that was not easy. I encouraged my then gf to quit and she of course said she would but never did. She told me she has been a smoker since she was 15 and her mother who is also a smoker would buy her packs. The thing is lately, probably the past 4 months she has really been hacking and coughing a lot, in the middle of the night, when she wakes up and even at work. She will even spit up mucus and phlegm. We have a one year old daughter as well that I am worried about. She smokes about 1-2 packs a day and I am really concerned. Being a former smoker myself I do realize how very difficult it can be to quit but at this rate I am worried she won't live to see our daughter graduate High School or at least college.

I try to be understanding about and don't want to be hypocritical but I am concerned with her long term health. I have tried talking to her about it but she says she will quit when she's ready. Admittedly I have said the same but I did manage to quit.
This is why I refuse to even date a smoker. Not going to deal with any of it. That being ready excuse is bull****. When are people going to be ready? When they're on oxygen? Maybe you need to give an ultimatum.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or