U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:52 AM

11,079 posts, read 9,009,200 times

Advertisements

Did you survive the night OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 09:13 AM

5,442 posts, read 3,407,578 times
Maggie, I'm sorry this happened to you. Looks painful.

Please go to an Urgent Care clinic or even a Doc in the Box (walk-in clinic inside a drugstore) if there isn't Urgent Care nearby.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 AM

1,829 posts, read 852,910 times
Looks like you folded your toes under when you fell. That is so painful.

I will let you decide about going to the doctor. Rest, ice, and elevate the whole leg so you don't strain the knee. Wear a good supportive shoe as someone said above, and use a cane if you must go out.

Expect to be sore for awhile. I would be more worried about the knee.

Last edited by newcomputer; 07-06-2016 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: to give credit

Old 07-06-2016, 10:33 AM

40 posts, read 34,469 times
The Saturday before last Thanksgiving I fell off the last few steps of our stairs. Not really sure how I did it or how I landed on my foot - it happened too fast. All I know is I ended up on my right side on the floor. The right side of my foot hurt really badly but there was minimal swelling and no bruising. I didn't go to the doctor at first because I could still get my shoe on and I could walk even though it hurt. By Monday I decided I should go because we were leaving town on Wednesday and I knew it would be difficult to get medical care over the holiday weekend if I needed it.

I went to an urgent care center where they took X-Rays (i still did not have any bruising at this point) and sure enough, the fifth metatarsal (farthest bone from the big toe) had a spiral fracture. Long story short, ended up putting three screws in it on December 30th because it wouldn't heal and was in a boot for about 3 months.

My foot still gives me problems when I walk a lot - could be from all those little muscles atrophying while in the boot or my fibromyalgia or, most likely, a combination. I don't know what the consequences of not treating a broken bone would be but I would guess it could be lifelong pain, especially in a weight bearing body part like the foot.

Take care of yourself!

Old 07-06-2016, 12:12 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,606,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Did you survive the night OP?

Not dead yet!

I'll be off to urgent care when my son can drive me.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:16 PM

13,042 posts, read 7,208,434 times
Have to agree that you should get an X-ray dear one.

I rolled my ankle and the outside bone hit the concrete and chipped. I thought it was just badly sprained and I went to work on it for a week with a good ace bandage and some good pharms.

I was still in agony and black and blue the next week and went for an X-ray. Yep it broken.

Don't be as stupid as I was. Get it taken care of.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:47 PM

6,805 posts, read 3,281,877 times
Both feet and your knee? What did you do, fall off the roof?

Old 07-06-2016, 02:38 PM

I'm back from urgent care. Nothing obviously broken in my feet, but they are sending the x-rays off to a radiologist to be sure. My knee is sprained. If it still hurts in a week I will need an MRI to check for soft tissue damage. My feet and knee are wrapped up in Ace bandages.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:02 PM

27,532 posts, read 17,669,809 times
Crossing my fingers nothing is broke!!

I broke my toe last week.

Yours looks much worse and more painful.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-06-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Crossing my fingers nothing is broke!!

I broke my toe last week.

Yours looks much worse and more painful.
You should see them today. The bruises are spreading out covering the top of my feet almost up to my ankle. My right big toe is now completely purple.

Sorry about you toe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or