Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:01 PM

15,128 posts, read 27,673,702 times

Advertisements

I've come across several people that were diagnosed with being allergic to the sun..... hmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 06:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,658,193 times
Could the poster have been allergic to the sunscreen if they used any. IF I were to even consider going to the sun again I would use sunscreen from a reputable health food company and not the ones with the chemicals of the commerical types.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:44 PM

5,307 posts, read 5,986,032 times
I can remember having at least 3 cases of sun poisoning a zillion years ago. The absolute worst resulted in 2nd degree burns on my face, legs, etc. However, I do NOT remember itching.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:15 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,804,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Could the poster have been allergic to the sunscreen if they used any. IF I were to even consider going to the sun again I would use sunscreen from a reputable health food company and not the ones with the chemicals of the commerical types.
I'm allergic to most of the health foods ones too. You can't count on those being safer.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 977 times
My son and I have this condition. Your body is having an allergic reaction to the amount of UV rays your skin has absorbed. Treat it as you would an sever allergic reaction and know it will pass. My son is prescribed a steroid, antihistamine, and silver cream used on burn patients.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,789,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
Just to clarify, I know how to treat sunburn. I'm not asking how to treat it.

I'm also not talking about a little itching post sunburn. I'm talking about severe sunburn and having what's called "Hell's Itch". Google it.

Just curious if anyone on here has been through it.
Just go to a dermatologist if you haven't already. If you were close to taking yourself to the ER because fo the itch it seems like a no brainer to go see a doctor.
You will get varied answers here that may or may not address your specific problem.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:02 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,779,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
So I hung out on the beach with a friend this past Saturday and got a little burnt. Thankfully not too bad since I took my shirt off in 15 minutes increments but about 48hrs in I started getting the itch but nothing like I had about 8 years ago.

8 years ago I had my shirt off all day long on a boat without any sunscreen. I didn't know it then but I had gotten sun poisoning and severe sunburn. When I got home I was so exhausted and couldn't understand why. 2 days later it started. The worst thing I had ever experienced in my life. The ungodly Hell's Itch. I missed 3 days of work and it got to the point that I had thought about calling 911 because I was in so much pain I thought I would go mentally crazy. I have migraines and have broken bones before but this is by far the worst experience I have ever been through. I'm assuming since some people call it suicide itch either people have committed suicide going through it or you definitely think about it.

I would like to know who has gone through this and how did you handle the situation.

Had sun poisoning before in a certain area...it did itch and was painful but that's it....
it went away.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 PM

15,936 posts, read 12,238,409 times
I haven't had this for a good 15 years, but was told and what worked was a very hot shower.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:41 PM

42 posts, read 35,262 times
Yeah I was at the beach a few summers back on an overcast day not sunny or hot it was maybe 70-75 on an island I had my shirt off all day without sunscreen

Out of nowhere I had excruciating pain/ itch all over my body that I could not scratch or calm. Since I was on the beach I figured I was bit by some type of bug or sand flea and having a reaction as the night grew it got worse and worse , to the point I was in tears , shower made it worse , aloe made it worse , hrydration didn’t make it work .

Believe it or not the only thing that got me to fall asleep that night was get extremely intoxicated and screamed at the top of my lungs into a pillow in agony and tears until my body gave up and I slept it off .

I would like to NEVER. Experience that again . It wasn’t too about a year after I found out the term was called a hells itch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness