U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 12:01 AM

8,266 posts, read 4,191,041 times

Advertisements

So I think I have heat rash. Went for a run Friday a few hours later started to itch. Fiancée looked at my back red blotches on my back, sides, chest, thighs, and feet. My arms were developin these little blisters. It itched only when I would sweat.

It's slowly going away. I am sweating profusely lately then getting chills. At night it feels like my face swells up, my eyes start to tear, my eyes start itching, and my throat becomes scratchy painful to breathe. Add in a running nose.

Any advice on what I should do would a Benadryl help or a cold shower be better with calamine lotion afterwards?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 03:11 AM

10,873 posts, read 19,002,407 times
My kids used to get heat rash which was just a bunch of little red bumps all over, which would go away a few hours later. One of my kids gets hives from the heat now, which itch a lot and don't go away very quickly. She doesn't get a runny nose or sore throat at the same time, but that can happen with some allergies.

Is there a chance you're allergic to something in your house? maybe a new laundry soap or fabric softener or bodywash? Something that has changed recently?

For the watery eyes, runny nose, etc. a non-drowsy 24 hour antihistamine like Zyrtec or Allegra would probably help. Benadryl helps more with itching and swelling than the 24 hour antihistamines do, but it will wear off during the night and you'll wake up feeling bad again, probably.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:44 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,102,245 times
I've had it and used Gold Bond powder to help alleviate the itching.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:14 PM

326 posts, read 115,861 times
Do you consider prickly heat a rash? If that's the case then yes I have had a heat rash before

Old 07-23-2016, 08:15 PM

5,124 posts, read 12,768,299 times
I've had it, back in the day when AC wasn't common! It's awful and itchy....try to stay cool and dry...benedryl could help, as well as powder on clean, dry skin!

Old 07-23-2016, 11:02 PM

38,734 posts, read 45,231,290 times
Heat rash, here is what Mayo Clinic has to say...
Heat rash usually clears on its own. Severe forms of heat rash may need medical care, but the best way to relieve symptoms is to cool your skin and prevent sweating.
Heat rash - Mayo Clinic

Old 08-03-2016, 10:11 PM

3,375 posts, read 4,574,116 times
I developed hives for unknown reasons just a week ago. Went to the ER to get it checked out after some light swelling on my bottom lip occurred. About to go in for another check up tomorrow.
I work around almost all-things agricultural seeing as I'm driving milk tankers to farms to load raw milk.
I was suspecting a newly developed allergy to animals, grasses, manure(the farmers just seem to get high off of that garbage), bugs or even a bug spray. But seeing as how we went a week down here without any rain and temperatures hovering around 90-100 degrees even at night, heat rash could definitely be suspect.

Whatever it is, it's been leaving me marked and drained of energy a little more often than normal.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:30 PM

4,903 posts, read 2,530,106 times
if you're getting these rashes after exercise/sweating than its probably a yeast rash. You can use an anti fungal cream. Very common this time of year.

the swelling and chills I am not sure about. if it doesn't go away, you should see a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or