U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:32 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,723,661 times

Advertisements

What happens when you have had a bad experience ( or experiences ) and have lost faith and trust in your doctor and your hospital but you still have to go back there for necessary procedures?

I do not think they care about me and I have begun to feel afraid of them. It is hard to go elsewhere because many do not take my insurance and because this hospital specializes in my type of care. I do not know what do to. I have a procedure coming up soon and I don't trust them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 08:05 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,457,966 times
Unhappy  

I understand....... I feel the same way about the medical industry....

Most of them are only thinking about $$$$$$$$$ (Ways to keep people coming back) and it IS a scary feeling!!

Alot of ALTERNATIVE ways of dealing with stuff has proven to be MUCH BETTER in every way........

Good luck on your upcoming procedure,I will pray for you!!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:28 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,640,353 times
I think eastern world medicine is so much better now than American medicine well ever be and why ? because our drs are far more interested in driving the beemer than in actually practicing medicine .... and how much time they can spend on the golf course . American medicine is a money maker now and they care nothing for the patient . I mean look at how many are now not taking Medicaid , medicare nor Obama care and are they fined for not taking it ? No of course not because they are the elite . I will pray for you OP but there are a lot of us out here that feel the same way . May the good Lord watch over you and yours .

Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM

3,996 posts, read 1,774,084 times
Oh boy; do I ever get you!

I suffered for 10 years with PTLS (Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome) ; an Iatrogenic (doctor caused) condition.

I'm an RN (24yrs) & had never heard of it! Turns out it "doesn't get to "exist" because of a massive study that began in

the 1970's in which the outcomes for the safety of sterilization were intentionally skewed to report a minimal incidence.

This minimal incidence was declared "statistically insignificant", meaning that it can "not exist".

The motivation for this manipulation dates back to a Kissinger-era memorandum on Population Control.

I lost faith in not only the entire AMA but the industry I represented for so many years.

Devestating.

I had to engage creative ways in finding a doctor who would help me, had a reversal done in 2014 & noticed a

subsiding of my symptoms within 3 days post-op. 2 years later I am still recovering. I have had to have 9 units

of blood transfused to combat the microcytic anemia this condition exacerbated but it's been well worth it.

I not only AM alive; I FEEL alive now!

The lowest moment ever was when re-reading this huge research article which spanned 18 years & over 2,000 women

studied for the 11th time...I saw it. I saw the discrepancy, I saw what they had done; & I was crushed.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:18 AM

6,235 posts, read 5,384,329 times
Get different medical providers and hospital even if you have to travel a bit to do so! Just have your records transferred, no reason to put up with bad health care providers. Ask friends, neighbors who they are happy with, if next Dr. isn't any better keep switching until you find one that works for you.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:49 AM

18,775 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
What happens when you have had a bad experience ( or experiences ) and have lost faith and trust in your doctor and your hospital but you still have to go back there for necessary procedures?

I do not think they care about me and I have begun to feel afraid of them. It is hard to go elsewhere because many do not take my insurance and because this hospital specializes in my type of care. I do not know what do to. I have a procedure coming up soon and I don't trust them.
For me it's gut wrenching feeling and has been coming on for years but NOW it's unbelievable. I've had issues from surgery and drugs that pushed me to this. I have lost so much faith/trust in allopathic medicine, so I take a lot of supps and do as much as my own work as I can.

Many who feel like me, go out of the system and pay out of pocket to integrative MD's. I don't know what your issue is, but I feel almost every issue we can come up with can be worked with holistic medicine.

Many surgeries are needlessly performed today and many end up with often worse off, that was me with the hip replacement. I see an integrative MD and she takes my Medicare. I only go about once a year to see her and seeing a Doctor of Osteopathy these days and they accept Medicare. So I feel fortunate in that respect. They don't care. One may have a doctor who cares but it's rare.

Not taking their side, but doctors get burned out and IF they are trying to help people and can't, that's got to be a tough road. Many are trapped in their professions and just hang in for the pay days. I guess TODAY there is the push for the drugs, etc. I would not want to be a doctor for anything.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-18-2016 at 11:28 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 06:24 AM

12,422 posts, read 14,547,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post

I understand your fear...completely.
I don't trust doctors either...I found that you really have to be your own advocate, and you can't depend on these "professionals" to always do what's right.
Unfortunately sometimes we have no choice but to hope that our care will be proper, and we'll be safe.

Upon admittance for a back surgery I had a plastic bracelet out on that said that I was allergic to a certain pain killer.
I woke up after surgery and it was the first thing the nurse had for me...I say oh yeh???and showed her the bracelet...she was surprised.

As I was leaving the hospital my surgeon visited me briefly and said "here, you might need this for pain".
He handed me a prescription.
Guess what....it was (again) a prescription for the drug I am severely allergic to.

I can't imagine what could have happened had I not been on the ball, or not had all my wits about me.

Be vigilant towards knowing what you need...take care, hope everything proves OK for you.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:09 PM

416 posts, read 170,742 times
I know it's Un-American, but we've often thought that medical doctors college education should be 100% paid for by the Government (or) Don't get upset.... the deal would be their salary would be capped at some reasonable amount. (i don't know that amount) The theory being - it would keep those who go into medicine for the money out of the profession and attract those who are truly concerned and committed to providing HEALTHCARE. Anyone can elaborate on this, but we also have had terrible experience with doctors who were obviously more concerned about their paycheck. 10 minute diagnosis and a quick referral, then on to the next patient.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:25 PM

18,775 posts, read 6,129,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
I know it's Un-American, but we've often thought that medical doctors college education should be 100% paid for by the Government (or) Don't get upset.... the deal would be their salary would be capped at some reasonable amount. (i don't know that amount) The theory being - it would keep those who go into medicine for the money out of the profession and attract those who are truly concerned and committed to providing HEALTHCARE. Anyone can elaborate on this, but we also have had terrible experience with doctors who were obviously more concerned about their paycheck. 10 minute diagnosis and a quick referral, then on to the next patient.
We're probably the only country in the world with our medical system.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:43 PM

69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
don't know where to start, so I will just say what is on my mind;

first of all, we probably have the best medical system and doctors in the world. I am glad I do not have to depend on some other country's form of medicine.

Now, to the OP; I think many of us have faced the same thing you are facing. If it is possible of course you need to try and find another doctor or system. This just happened to me: luckily I have medicare and a supplement or actually an advantage program. I was able to find a practitioner I am happy with.

Now, someone said, go out of your system and pay the difference. I feel for you as I know that is easier said than done if you are on a fixed income.

There really is no easy answer to your problem and we hear stories like yours to often. Many doctors treat us like specimens and not humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or