Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Yes, you will need to hire a caregiver to put the eye drops in - check with your doctor's office. I had to do drops 3 times a day, different drops and you need to keep it straight. I also had to return to MDs office the day after surgery. Because of the difference in eyesight, I could not drive for 1 week until the 2nd eye was done. I was able to drive the day after the 2nd eye. I suggest strongly that you do all the shopping for the week in between your surgeries so that you will not need to go out. It means doing some extra planning and using the freezer.

Good luck with you. Having those surgeries was one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Various sites say no exercising. Does that mean you need to be a couch potato or are they talking about heavy lifting, while walking, using a low-impact stepper, or elliptical is OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 510 times
Thumbs down Results using Can-C eye drops

Hello. Has anyone else tries Can-C eye drops for cataracts? The makers claim that these drops will clear cataracts, and have testimonials that claim cures. However I have just completed a six month course of these with absolutely no success what so ever. In fact my vision is worse now than when I started. Very disappointing as the manufacturers claim that they are successful in the treatment of cataracts, and they are expensive, but they just do not work.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:07 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaponline View Post
Hello. Has anyone else tries Can-C eye drops for cataracts? The makers claim that these drops will clear cataracts, and have testimonials that claim cures. However I have just completed a six month course of these with absolutely no success what so ever. In fact my vision is worse now than when I started. Very disappointing as the manufacturers claim that they are successful in the treatment of cataracts, and they are expensive, but they just do not work.
I never used this product but work with Crystalline drops (homeopathic) and at 80 doing good with cataract control, none here, I see good -- great colors, no issues, plus my antioxidants for general health and eye supports. Crystalline drops are very affordable.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:23 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Various sites say no exercising. Does that mean you need to be a couch potato or are they talking about heavy lifting, while walking, using a low-impact stepper, or elliptical is OK?
It means to refrain from doing anything that could potentially cause excess strain or jarring which could possibly tear or open the incision site. Keep in mind that the eye is not stationary. It uses muscles to move around and the iris contracts and expands. That doesn't mean becoming a couch potato. It just means giving the eye time to heal. And that means staying off exercise equipment and don't lift anything heavier than a few pounds. Walking should be okay for short periods of time at a relaxed easy pace, but avoid moderate to faster paces until after the eye is healed. Best to ask the physician although you'd likely be informed about about the dos and don'ts after the initial evaluation and your decision approving to undergo surgery.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:59 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Default Ice Cream Pain

Cataract surgery rt. eye three months ago. Pain since that time reminds me of being a kid with too much ice cream in the mouth jammed up against the palate. Result: pain below the eye, and jaw. This cataract pain is not as severe as that ice cream pain from long ago but same location. Vision not disturbed .... so far.

Cataract surgery left eye three weeks ago. Floater developed two days ago. Looks like a small piece of black thread that moves around. Uh oh. Luckily, I have a follow-up appt. with eye MD next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness