U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM

184 posts, read 305,868 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this? I did some research and found out about BHRT pellets inserted under skin. The benefits sound amazing with low risk.

It seems to have been around for a long time but why is it not popular? Am I missing something?

If anyone has information about this it would be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 01:00 PM

3,633 posts, read 3,507,940 times
I've had two sessions so far. I have been somewhat more energetic, but I've made some other lifestyle changes (daily exercise, lost 20 pounds and counting) that could be a factor too in making me feel a little peppier. I haven't noticed any super fabulous results.

The first insertion hurt like crazy when she was putting them in (I don't think I was numbed well enough) but then the pain was over. The second time it didn't hurt during insertion, but immediately afterwards (by the time I reached my car), my butt hurt so bad I literally couldn't even sit on it. After a week I still had about a 1-inch by 2-inch lump that was so painful I went back in to be checked. The "remedy" for this lump was to have my husband roll on it with a rolling pin! Ow ow ow!!!! But it did get less sore. Now, two months later, I still have a small lump, but it doesn't hurt.

I don't think I'm going to get any more pellets. For $350 out of pocket, I can find better ways to have fun.

That's just my experience. I figured it was worth a try, as I have thyroid issues and never have much energy.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:14 PM

8,668 posts, read 2,840,179 times
For bio identical treatments one needs to see other than conventional MD's. They go right for the estrogen drugs. What type of MD are you working with. I take DHEA for years for my hormone support. I see only integrative MD's. I'm not totally sure on this but I have not seen conventional MD's in years.

Old Today, 08:26 PM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
841 posts, read 713,730 times
What I want to know is WHY aren't these pellets covered by Insurance and Medicare??? They truly are not any different than medications/patches given and the insurance companies DO cover the labs for them...just not the pellets and insertions. IF I could reverse (to any degree) my bone loss of severe Osteoporosis which is secondary to my Gastric Bypass surgery 25 yrs ago, and also sleep 'normally' again and feel sexy, skin look better and SAVE Medicare all the $$$$ of the expensive meds I am supposed to be on for all of the above, the pellets would be MUCH less expensive. I'm checking with friends who have this hormone therapy now and it seems to be location dependent as to the price. One friend in CO pays $222. every 3 months and in Charlotte, NC where I live it's almost $1000. every 3 months. Another friend in Jax, FL it is $350. every 3 months. I'll be giving it a try for a year, regardless. I have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain.

Old Today, 09:12 PM

So much of what alternative medicine we choose is not covered by standard insurance and medicare. There are other therapies I'd like to see covered and they are not, so one pays out of pocket or doesn't do them. Actually, I never heard of the pellet hormone therapy.

Old Today, 09:14 PM

4,994 posts, read 3,589,619 times
Out of curiosity, does this approach require a licensed medical person to administer?
Does any of the literature or the container say something like:
"These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."
That would explain why insurance does not cover the cost.

Old Today, 10:14 PM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
841 posts, read 713,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So much of what alternative medicine we choose is not covered by standard insurance and medicare. There are other therapies I'd like to see covered and they are not, so one pays out of pocket or doesn't do them. Actually, I never heard of the pellet hormone therapy.
One of it's names is BioTe, or BHRT (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy). If you are interested you can do a search of those terms and there is plenty of info on it out there. I would have had it OVER the Estradiol pills/patches I was put on back in 2005 but I was a single mom raising a teen at the time and could not afford it. I stayed on Estradiol x 10 yrs with NO bad effects...in fact, after stopping it I had what is called a SCAD event which resulted in a heart attack (the 2nd year off hormones). Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection is what SCAD is and it happens in women 90% of the time and often in post partum women in their 30s. Mayo Clinic is the major institute doing research on it but they cannot pinpoint whether it may have hormone or STRESS components to why it happens. I'm a bit older to have had it but live with a ton of stress in my life. I had 100% clean arteries when they did my heart cath and put a 3 stent 'train' in the affected artery 20 min after I had the first symptom, which was a choking sensation in my neck. I never had any chest pain at all. I'm good now. I will take whatever risks vs benefits there are rather than feel as badly as I do day to day now.
Do you homework on anything medical is the best I can tell you. I know massage isn't usually covered by most insurance companies but is one of the most beneficial therapies for people with many diagnoses. It's a shame we work and pay into these companies our whole lives and then they are major road blocks to us in our senior years.

Old Today, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
One of it's names is BioTe, or BHRT (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy). If you are interested you can do a search of those terms and there is plenty of info on it out there. I would have had it OVER the Estradiol pills/patches I was put on back in 2005 but I was a single mom raising a teen at the time and could not afford it. I stayed on Estradiol x 10 yrs with NO bad effects...in fact, after stopping it I had what is called a SCAD event which resulted in a heart attack (the 2nd year off hormones). Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection is what SCAD is and it happens in women 90% of the time and often in post partum women in their 30s. Mayo Clinic is the major institute doing research on it but they cannot pinpoint whether it may have hormone or STRESS components to why it happens. I'm a bit older to have had it but live with a ton of stress in my life. I had 100% clean arteries when they did my heart cath and put a 3 stent 'train' in the affected artery 20 min after I had the first symptom, which was a choking sensation in my neck. I never had any chest pain at all. I'm good now. I will take whatever risks vs benefits there are rather than feel as badly as I do day to day now.
Do you homework on anything medical is the best I can tell you. I know massage isn't usually covered by most insurance companies but is one of the most beneficial therapies for people with many diagnoses. It's a shame we work and pay into these companies our whole lives and then they are major road blocks to us in our senior years.
Thanks I started on "natural" hormone therapy probably 15 yrs ago via an Integrative MD. I buy my product otc for like $15 or less and I'm doing fine with this protocol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness