U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2016, 02:30 PM
 
710 posts, read 493,183 times
Reputation: 855

Advertisements

I'm just curious. I was wondering if it was possible that I could grow to be in the 5'11-6'1 range.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2016, 02:50 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,490 posts, read 24,347,493 times
Reputation: 27874
My husband was 20 when we met and he still grew a little bit after that. Maybe half an inch taller, and his ribcage got broader. He hadn't been eating regularly before we moved in together, so I think his growth was because he was eating every day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 02:53 PM
 
Location: ☀️ SFL (hell for me-wife loves it)
3,500 posts, read 2,794,017 times
Reputation: 11267
I've read the human body isn't completely finished growing until around age 25.
And having food on a regular basis helps too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 04:34 PM
 
5,644 posts, read 12,329,206 times
Reputation: 14115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I've read the human body isn't completely finished growing until around age 25.
And having food on a regular basis helps too.
Thats not true regarding growth and it definitely isn't true regarding the "human body"

Males and females differ significantly regarding growth and when it stops...

Most females are done growing by age 16

Most males are done growing by age 18

Now that's "most" not "all"

Some males can keep growing to about age 20-21 though it wouldn't be expected to be rapid or excessive

It would be exceedingly rare for a female to gain height after age 18

Bone growth stops when epiphyseal plates fuse and that is typically right around end of puberty
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Southern California
29,248 posts, read 13,148,494 times
Reputation: 18773
I guess I'm curious why you want to know if you'll grow taller. My grandson who is 16 and plays tournament volleyball was always HOPING he would get taller and taller and he had a growth spurt and now is about 6'2"..personally i hope he stops growing taller. His dad was about 6'2" and mom is about 5'8".. the boy's sister is a good 5'9". So they have the tall factor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 06:35 PM
 
710 posts, read 493,183 times
Reputation: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I guess I'm curious why you want to know if you'll grow taller. My grandson who is 16 and plays tournament volleyball was always HOPING he would get taller and taller and he had a growth spurt and now is about 6'2"..personally i hope he stops growing taller. His dad was about 6'2" and mom is about 5'8".. the boy's sister is a good 5'9". So they have the tall factor.
I was under the impression that I was already a tall guy. I did some research earlier and I found out that apparently 5'10 is just average, so I wanted to be at a height where I could be considered tall. The universal definition seems to start at 6 feet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Southern California
29,248 posts, read 13,148,494 times
Reputation: 18773
You'll be what you are. Your height is a good height and I know a lot of great shorter guys.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Not.here
2,828 posts, read 4,004,327 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Thats not true regarding growth and it definitely isn't true regarding the "human body"

Males and females differ significantly regarding growth and when it stops...

Most females are done growing by age 16

Most males are done growing by age 18

Now that's "most" not "all"

Some males can keep growing to about age 20-21 though it wouldn't be expected to be rapid or excessive

It would be exceedingly rare for a female to gain height after age 18

Bone growth stops when epiphyseal plates fuse and that is typically right around end of puberty
If you can get your doctor to order x-rays of your limbs and then check out the epiphyseal plates, you can see if the plates have fused or not. You can get an idea about this in this link.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-kno...sregarding-age
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 07:26 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
38,436 posts, read 50,191,445 times
Reputation: 50789
David Robinson was a bit over 6 ft. when he went the Naval Academy. He grew another foot by the time he graduated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Central IL
19,227 posts, read 12,647,773 times
Reputation: 46037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I'm just curious. I was wondering if it was possible that I could grow to be in the 5'11-6'1 range.
It's possible...but how much has your growing slowed to this point? An inch I can see but I don't know if you'll hit 6'. Don't worry, not all women have 6' as a dealbreaker.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top