Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:48 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMaeB View Post
I have sleep problems myself and I think it's age related. I rarely eat sugar as others are suggesting. I'm female and my sleep issues started when I entered my 40's. Via facebook, I've noticed my female cousins have the same issues. I think my issues are hormone related? I sleep best when I drink a few beers or take some Costco sleep aid pills.

Yes, hormones play a HUGE role! I'm 42 and started menopause at 38. At 42, I'm completely done with Menopause. I have a hard time falling asleep and the doctor said it's completely related. I do not take HRT and don't want to. She suggested trying to go to sleep at the same time every night and sleeping about 6-7 hours. No phone or computer 2 hours before bed. Try reading an hour before. No liquor and hour before; however, I have notice that if I drink one glass of wine before bed I actually fall asleep faster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 12:55 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
My sleep issues probably hit me after menopause. I'm 78 now so a lot of years. And maybe too after I was told I had fibro, which I don't know about that health issue. Thyroid is so connected to EVERYTHING. I sleep good now and I posted this thread a while back. Thyroid is so missed by our medical institutions. So many have good numbers and still have problems, I was one of them for 10 long ugly years.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/alter...my-remedy.html

Old 11-27-2016, 02:18 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmb View Post
Sugar is in almost everything; it's in fast food and processed food. It's in canned food, and, yes, it's in dessert. What's your suggestion? I could start shopping on the low-carb gluten-free isle. That might offer lower sugar options?
Might want to think about eating some fresh vegetables!!

Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,579,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Yes, hormones play a HUGE role! I'm 42 and started menopause at 38. At 42, I'm completely done with Menopause. I have a hard time falling asleep and the doctor said it's completely related. I do not take HRT and don't want to. She suggested trying to go to sleep at the same time every night and sleeping about 6-7 hours. No phone or computer 2 hours before bed. Try reading an hour before. No liquor and hour before; however, I have notice that if I drink one glass of wine before bed I actually fall asleep faster!
You're scaring me. I'm already 30, and I know I'm not getting any younger. Ironic if I hit menopause before I can afford kids...

Old 11-27-2016, 05:29 PM

269 posts, read 246,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Yikes...beer (which is high carb, btw) with sleeping pills?!

How much exercise do you get every day? Go for a nice brisk 4 mile walk, or ride a bike for an hour, or take an aerobics class or go to a yoga class. Do SOMETHING active. Oh, and see your doc about hormonal issues.

That is far better than mixing alcohol with sleeping pills. Yikes.
*** OR *** not both together.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:49 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
Quote:
You're scaring me. I'm already 30, and I know I'm not getting any younger. Ironic if I hit menopause before I can afford kids...

My gyno said it is very unusual to go through complete menopause naturally as early as I did so don't worry! You are still very young! I had my first child at 32 and my second at 34. I didn't start peri-menopause till 38. It's just a theory, but I had open heart surgery when I was a kid and my doctor "thinks" this may have aged my biological clock some how. Who knows! My good friend just had a baby at 41 and my sister in-law had a baby at 42. Have children when you're ready.

ALSO......there is never a good time financially to have kid!

Old 12-04-2016, 01:55 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,579,182 times
Well...here it is too early in the morning. I've been up since 1:30 AM. I've been doing this for a few nights now and have been completely exhausted at work and ready for a nap at 11:00 AM. I've never slept through the night, though, unless maybe I was sick, and it seems like I have a tendency to lose sleep when I'm working.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:31 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times
Quote:
Well...here it is too early in the morning. I've been up since 1:30 AM. I've been doing this for a few nights now and have been completely exhausted at work and ready for a nap at 11:00 AM. I've never slept through the night, though, unless maybe I was sick, and it seems like I have a tendency to lose sleep when I'm working.
Have you changed your diet and stopped eating so much sugar?
Have you added exercise to your routine?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness