Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 13,245 times

Advertisements

My platelet count jumped from 900,000 to 1,167,000 in two weeks time. I lost my son two weeks ago, and cant help by wonder if my extreme upset condition could cause it to go up so fast. I have been crying every day, feel anxious and depressed, and actually thought it may go up. I was previously on lo dose aspirin once a day, now it has to be hydrea, which I dread taking....I had a bone marrow test 2 yrs ago,when it started to bump up and it was negative; also the jak2 was negative...all the rest of my blood work was fine. I do suffer from severe muscle spasms and have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia...who knows...I dread taking that drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 13,225 times
Hi. I am 20 years old and was diagnosed with ET on the 28th oct 11. I had an aspiration and trephine biopsy on the 7th Nov and receive the results this Friday the 18th. I found the biopsy to be an extremely traumatizing procedure as I have a high phobia of needles. I'm still sore from having it done and still finding simple tasks difficult just now but I hope to back to normal soon. I've not been prescribed anything for my platelet count yet but I'm starting aspirin after I get my results on Friday. I've been very emotional the last couple of weeks, getting upset over tiny things and sinking into a depression. Can anyone tell me what to expect in the future?

Last edited by Sweetcheeks666x; 11-13-2011 at 11:56 AM..

Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 13,164 times
Default Scared..

Hi I'm 23 and was found out I had essential thrombocytosis just a few weeks ago.. I did the biopsy and I found out I was positive for the jak-2 mutation although I'm not quite sure how that will eventually effect me. They found my high platelet count during a blood test I requested because I thought I was having thyroid problems. My platelet count was 1134 and I went to a hematologist the next day and my platelet count had jumped to 1265. My doctor has had me on 4 hydrea pills a day and after two weeks they dropped to 364! I was so happy!! But he kept me on the same dosage and wants me to come back in 2 weeks to see if they've dropped too low. I'm scared they go to low so now I'm scared to take my medicine. I'm really scared about what the future holds. Me and my husband want children now and I know with this medicine I can't. I don't know what to do!

Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 12,840 times
My GP referred me to a hematologist. My count went from 421 to 470 in 60 days. Hematologist ordered a ton of blood tests, chest x-ray. Pending results bone marrow aspiration! Looking for JAK2. Not sure what to think. Doctor has the personality of a wet noodle. Seems like he is thinking essential thrombocytosis? I have no symptoms - but I'm scared! I know I have to wait for the labs but thought someone could give me some input? What are the odds something is actually wrong with me?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:44 AM

2 posts, read 25,314 times
i m only 14 when i was having ET.my count is 1 million too.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 AM

2 posts, read 25,314 times
u don't have to be scared. i m only 14 but having ET. u must be brave

Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 25,078 times
Kiki, I was diagnosed at 8 yrs of age. Had clots all over me and was within a few hours of dying. I'm now 44, have 2 beautiful daughters and a very full life. I was told I would never have children and would probably die at an early age. Don't be scared. The worst is just not knowing but being scared will only make it worse for you. Trust me....you will be okay!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 25,078 times
You can do it! Like I said, I have two beautiful healthy girls when they told me I would never be able to have a child. I did have complications in both pregnancies but nothing I couldn't handle. I was on hydrea when I found out I was pregnant the 2nd time. Your hemo will be able to help you when you and your husband decide to have a child. Get you better first and then the rest will follow.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 24,249 times
Default Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltech View Post
Was diagnosed with ET 6 years ago and my platelet count when up to 880k was put on Hydrea at 1000mg and 81mg aspirin per day and after 6 years developed side effects like terrible lower back pain and leg pain ,extreme tiredness and dizziness , headaches, difficulty urinating ,red spots on my chest from blood vessels (petichiae) Moderator cut: need more posts to post links
Was switched to Anagrelide but this is giving me major migraines.
My feet are always on fire and was prescribed Lyrica which I had to stop because they made my feet swell further.

So back to square one.

So now taking only baby aspirin and have done research and started taking Lapacho (Pau Darco)which is from the Taheebo tree in South America which has anticoagulant ,anticancer properties , and boosts your immune system.It may even be the next cancer cure shows promise in certain cancers.Very inexpensive 5 to 7 drops twice a day mixed in a little juice.
Moderator cut: no ads allowed . Take the droplets instead of the tea way simpler.
Will have to wait and see at my next blood test in August 2011 if this helps.

All I can say is that I am fed up and depressed of this and would rather have a REAL cancer ,at least I would know where I stand.

**** belltech, I was just curious on your results?? Did taking Lapacho help? Any other natural remedies you found? Please share! My mom was just diagnosed, and I want to find out more of natural help vs Hydroxyurea that has so many side effects. ANYONE else, also please help with natural advise.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 24,249 times
Just curious has anyone tried any natural remedies for ET to lower platelets? Any advise?
Has anyone tried Bromarex, Thrombotab, Mobcitin ??? They claim to lower platelets with natural herbs.
Anyone has any good info, please share. I appreciate any help. My mom was just diagnosed with a count of over 1mil platelets, and she is taking Hydroxyurea 500mg. I want to find a natural 'cure' or anything that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness