Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 10:34 PM

1,092 posts, read 824,998 times

Advertisements

After reading these replies.....I am, apparently, blessed! My worst would be a toss-up: natural childbirth or shingles. Childbirh was 44 yrs. ago, so maybe have forgotten a lot. This past summer I experienced shingles in right groin and right thigh & hip. It was the first time I have ever needed around the clock pain killers for any length of time. Then was treated 4 more months for the resultant neuopathy. Still have a little of the neuropathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:46 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,344,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Trigeminal neuralgia. Feels like I imagine getting hit in the face by lightning must feel like.

The Suicide Disease - Trigeminal Neuralgia or Tic Douloureux | Articles
I too experienced this aweful pain..cold packs and constant anti-inflammatories to no avail..after 3 months..I FINALLY went on Lyrica.. WOW..worked!! After 3 years..I am now off that too..but have enough to get me thru a relapse of 2 weeks+ to get it renewed. Yikes. throughout my life I have endured a lot of physical pain whether injuries/surgeries/stress/ but, believe me..no meds can treat the internal heartaches when forced to face "LIFE REALITIES" and losing those you love far to soon!!!!

Sometimes life throws so many curves at us..but when those painful heart aches comes... It always seems to come down to having some sort of FAITH and Recognition that there's something beyond us that awaits us in order to find peace. Let's face it..life on earth certainly doesn't bode well for a peaceful world that we are living in!

Old 12-25-2016, 04:57 AM

915 posts, read 1,616,829 times
Ruptured cervical disks . I've had four kids (three posterior presentations) without meds and the ruptures were the first time I think I ever cried/made loud noises and called attention to myself from pain.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:19 AM

7,980 posts, read 5,328,586 times
I was 17 coming back from my first Transatlantic flight from the USSR. On take off I quickly discovered I had a sinus infection. It would be another six take-offs and landings that I would have to endure with the most excruciating pain I have ever had in my life. Even thinking about it 42 years later makes me cringe about the pain I had endured. I remember my Aunt watching me feeling completely helpless.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:24 AM

7,885 posts, read 11,317,506 times
Sheltered life here, most pain was not too bad but two come to mind. Gout, felt like foot was broken and couldn't walk on inner side of foot. Had a skin issue on my shin from too much sun golfing. Dermatologist grinded to take layers of skin off to send for biopse, my shin bone still feels that pain even though it was years ago.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:47 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,273,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
I am experiencing the worst pain I have felt. Right now I can hardly walk. The discs in my back have collapsed and I have pinched nerves that has left me full of pain and my legs and hips and knees. I can hardly go at times. Yet few of my friends seem to understand what I am going through. I am trusting God to bring me through this. I have had this for about 2 yrs. Sometimes I want to end it all but I know that is not the way. I am looking forward to the day I will be able to get out of bed and walk pain free. I have no solutions just faith.

Can you get epidural shot in your back? My husband ruptured his disc last spring and could not move out of bed. They put him on steroids first while waiitng for insurance to approve and MRI It was either a shot or surgery. Thankfully the shot worked. And I am thankful to god doctors and modern medicine

Last edited by ylisa7; 12-25-2016 at 09:00 AM..

Old 12-25-2016, 09:59 AM

922 posts, read 779,835 times
I have had some nasty pain throughout my life: in labor twice, earaches, toothaches, gall bladder attacks, brain tumor, sciatica. But by far the worst pain was when my back went out a year ago. Any movement at all was excruciating, and caused me to scream. It took two months for it to become bearable. I still get twinges of it every now and then. Truly horrible.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:11 AM

473 posts, read 497,304 times
Bad stairs at apartment with NO blocks under steps, much less bolted in blocks. Stair step only held in there by 1/4" inset to risers....

Busted vertibrae in back and broken leg. Was screaming bad time even getting myself to bathroom at the hospital...The PT hospital people were AWESOME and trained how to move around without as much pain, dress myself and shower...Lost 20 lbs during the 2 weeks in hospital with gross food, very little soda pop and 90 minutes every day of yoga-like exercises and hand-cranked-bicycle.

Second worst was gallbladder attack for 2 days. DR put me in ICU for 4 days so they could just touch me, then operated to remove it. Had a stone in there size of walnut. No wonder it hurt like h-ll.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:53 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,329,788 times
Wow this is a hard one. Either the kidney stone I passed or my gall bladder nearly exploding. hurts just thinking about it years later!

Old 12-25-2016, 02:00 PM

25,325 posts, read 16,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Gotta chime in with kidney stones. Did you other sufferers get the lithotripsy treatment?

Broken ankle, before it got immobilized.

Very sorry to hear about those of you with chronic conditions....
LITHOTRIPSY!? HA! Hell, no...with me they had to go up through my "willie", through the bladder, hang a right and place a stent in the duct work.
I walked around with the stent for a week and every time I urinated I tore another toilet paper holder off the wall.
Then they (actually, she) removed it! Yep, just grabbed ahold of the string that had been hanging out of me for a week and gave 'er a yank.

When I caught my breath, I asked the nurse if this meant we were going steady, and did I have to buy her breakfast at Denny's or something.
She said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness