Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 11:02 AM

361 posts, read 432,216 times

Advertisements

I am a guy, so I'm obviously not pregnant. However, every morning when I wake up I feel perfectly fine, but once I get up and a few minutes goes by, I always have nausea and sometimes an upset stomach as well. This feeling lasts me until the evening and goes on all afternoon. I never wind up getting sick or coming close to it, but I am sick of feeling like this every day. I thought maybe it was blood sugar, so I literally ate one donut hole just now and immediately had an upset stomach and went to the bathroom. Even after going, my stomach is still upset. And I know I have to eat again very soon because it's lunchtime, so I usually have to make myself eat at this time. Sometimes I feel better after eating, but sometimes I don't. Oftentimes, I have to have a bagel or something simple like that, even if it's 1pm, because more main-course type meals will make me nauseous or I won't be able to finish. I don't eat anything when I wake up, and I do get stressed and worried about very minor things, but even when I put myself at ease over those things, I still don't feel well. This feeling eventually fades in the afternoon, and I am able to eat dinner perfectly normally and am always very hungry by that time. At night, I feel perfectly normal, but from about 11am till probably 4 or so, I feel awful, and I'm sick of it. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what it could be, or what I can do to prevent it? This doesn't happen every single day, but it'll happen in waves every day for a few weeks or so, and then stop sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 01:54 PM

638 posts, read 978,564 times
This used to happen to me when I was in college. What I ended up doing was taking some Prilosec in the morning when I woke up and it blocked my stomach acid and made me feel wonderful! I highly recommend picking some up and at least trying it. Hope it works for you the same way it worked for me. For me it was the excess stress that had caught up with me. It would happen for weeks on end every other month or so. After going to the doctor and trying to figure it out, the prescribed me some Prilosec and it worked wonders for me.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
OP, have you had your blood sugar and/or your thyroid checked?

Sounds to me like something could be awry with the regulation of your blood sugar levels.

You should see an internist, at any rate. There are multiple reasons why this could be happening, and a few of them are serious.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:42 AM

361 posts, read 432,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
OP, have you had your blood sugar and/or your thyroid checked?

Sounds to me like something could be awry with the regulation of your blood sugar levels.

You should see an internist, at any rate. There are multiple reasons why this could be happening, and a few of them are serious.
No, I've never had them checked, but it might be good to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness