U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 PM

267 posts, read 130,901 times

Advertisements

So I got my eyes tested today and they found farsighted +0.5 in both eyes.. They told me to wear glasses or contacts full time.. Even when I drive! But they are for close! Anyway I tried wearing them for 2 days straight but couldn't I felt like I was gonna barf! I got so dizzy and sick. Everything from far was blurry there was no way I was gonna drive. I have constant headaches and the optometrist told me that this is what is causing your headaches.. (I am in my early 20s)

I am seeing a neurologist and when he found this out he found this ridiculous and said the reason for your headaches are tension headaches, because when I wake up in the morning the headaches start.. he said if you needed glasses the headaches would start as soon as you start reading something. But instead reading just makes the headaches worse. He told me that at your age wearing glasses for +0.5 is not needed at all as I would not notice a difference without them or cause me symptoms since I am young.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:09 PM

20,291 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
So I got my eyes tested today and they found farsighted +0.5 in both eyes.. They told me to wear glasses or contacts full time.. Even when I drive! But they are for close! Anyway I tried wearing them for 2 days straight but couldn't I felt like I was gonna barf! I got so dizzy and sick. Everything from far was blurry there was no way I was gonna drive. I have constant headaches and the optometrist told me that this is what is causing your headaches.. (I am in my early 20s)

I am seeing a neurologist and when he found this out he found this ridiculous and said the reason for your headaches are tension headaches, because when I wake up in the morning the headaches start.. he said if you needed glasses the headaches would start as soon as you start reading something. But instead reading just makes the headaches worse. He told me that at your age wearing glasses for +0.5 is not needed at all as I would not notice a difference without them or cause me symptoms since I am young.

What do you all think?
If everything at a distance is blurry when you wear the glasses then you obviously can't wear them when you drive, and it would be dangerous to do so.

According to this - Hyperopia, Farsightedness Treatments, Symptoms, Causes, a person with a prescription of +2.0 diopters or less has mild hyperopia. Since you only have +0.5 in both eyes that is very mild.

If the neurologist is treating you for your headaches and has told you that the headaches have nothing to do with whether or not you wear glasses, then you should listen to him.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If everything at a distance is blurry when you wear the glasses then you obviously can't wear them when you drive, and it would be dangerous to do so.

According to this - Hyperopia, Farsightedness Treatments, Symptoms, Causes, a person with a prescription of +2.0 diopters or less has mild hyperopia. Since you only have +0.5 in both eyes that is very mild.

If the neurologist is treating you for your headaches and has told you that the headaches have nothing to do with whether or not you wear glasses, then you should listen to him.
I should right.. Sorry mike.. dont mean to be the worrying type (Which I am lol) But ya so there really is no point in wearing +0.5 glasses at my age.. seems stupid. The neuro is gonna treat my headaches with botox he claims its worked for all his patience! And he said headaches can make reading difficult and cause more headaches, you think so?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:38 PM

20,291 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
I should right.. Sorry mike.. dont mean to be the worrying type (Which I am lol) But ya so there really is no point in wearing +0.5 glasses at my age.. seems stupid. The neuro is gonna treat my headaches with botox he claims its worked for all his patience! And he said headaches can make reading difficult and cause more headaches, you think so?
I would think that headaches can make reading difficult if the headache causes you to tense your facial muscles and the muscles that move your eyes. That could cause eye strain.

I hope the botox works.

You might also, if you haven't already, read up on alternate treatments for headaches. Here is one site which gives some good information. Headaches: Treatment depends on your diagnosis and symptoms - Mayo Clinic

Old 01-21-2017, 08:33 PM

Alright its a shame though these headaches really suck!

Old 01-27-2017, 02:13 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,009,467 times
The eye exam, the glasses or both are bogus.

Don in Austin

Old 01-28-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
The eye exam, the glasses or both are bogus.

Don in Austin
Why do you say that?

Old 01-28-2017, 09:37 PM

So i saw an optomolgist and she told me that for something like that it would not cause me symptoms since my eyes would accomodate, she claims that maybe i have migraines and that is what is causing my head and face to hurt more when reading and the constant headache the entire day. Same like the neurologist said..

Old 01-29-2017, 11:56 AM

8,270 posts, read 10,506,470 times
You could try monovision, wearing 1 contact lens to see close (reading) and leaving the other eye naked for distance vision. My relative does this, wears just the 1 lens,works great, no need to take glasses on and off. I do a similar thing, 1 contact for close, 1 contact for far. The brain learns to accommodate. Only took each of us maybe 2 days.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:19 PM

I feel like my life is ruined.. i get headaches as soon as i open my eyes my head hurts AND ITS CONSTANT ALL DAY! I get pain between my eyes and on the bridge of my nose and all in my forhead! Reading makes it worse! Even watching TV! I feel my life is ruined! I have constant panic attacks now.. i feel depressed and i even took a sick leave from work

I feel its like the end of the line for me.. The lasik optemetrist, my own second opinion optemetrist and a optomologist all told me that these headaches and straining im having would not be caused from prescription of +0.5 in both eyes at my age (22 years old) they all tell me its anxiety doing this to me making me have tension headaches and causing more tension when reading because of the anxiety. BUT I FEEL I CANT READ! My eyes even for far feel like there not focusing and it gives me anxiety!! Like i feel like i cant focus in anything and i get extreme panic attacks! They said all this is all anxiety! Even though the words are clear. They told me my eyes will acomodate at my age and the +0.5 is almost nothing anyway.. My neurologist thinks its tension headaches causing this.. But i dont! God.. i feel like i destroyed my life...

They all claim its my chronic tension or migraine headache and anxiety making it worse, causing pain when trying to focus my eyes.. Its just so hard to believe!

My neurologist wants to try botox ...

Last edited by Whale12; 01-29-2017 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness