Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 06:19 PM

343 posts, read 421,682 times

Advertisements

Any answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 06:57 PM

6,552 posts, read 4,698,282 times
You need to go back to your doctores, whale. Have you tried the botox? If not, why not? No one on an internet forum can give you definitive answers.

If it's migraines, there are medications to help with that too.

Call your doctors again. You shouldn't be living in anxiety and pain. At 22 your life is far from over.

Let us know how you make out!

Old 01-31-2017, 12:16 PM

343 posts, read 421,682 times
Im trying the botox soon

Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,627,985 times
I replied to your other topic about being post-LASIK, but I read your other threads about your headaches and farsightedness. You always forget to mention that these complaints started AFTER you had LASIK that. That's a crucial piece of information you must include.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. When I realized I was unhappy with my post-LASIK vision, I was devastated emotionally. I felt helpless and hopeless for a year. But time passed, and I'm used to it. I still don't really like my vision all the time, but I'm used to a lot, and I don't feel devastated anymore. It's still always in the back of my mind, but I don't feel the need to talk about it all the time anymore liked that awful year. You'll reach that point too.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:56 AM

201 posts, read 193,165 times
Hello Whale12,
When you said "but they are for close" your post caught my eye. I saw a bunch of ok and lousy neurologists, optometrists, and optholamologists (long story but skipping to get to your issue). 2 months or so ago after giving up I went for my regular contact lens/ glasses exam with a new dr. (fast forward)

He said for "every day use" driving, walking around, he went with a farsighted choice because I guess those everyday activities use that. Now- I noticed when using my computer, reading ONE eye was fuzzy. He explained the issue in depth but basically in addition to the antistigmatism, my eyes aren't the same prescription, one is dominant blah blah. Of the choices he gave what made sense is to use my contacts when I'm out and about or for "everyday activity". But when I'm on the computer (even for a "second") , reading to use +1 reading glasses, even though one eye doesn't need it.

Bottom line- I'm happy as heck. I had doubts but it works and my previous symptoms brought me to multiple doctors and neurologists that had no clue. I'm not sure if you mistyped but I'm fairly sure driving, etc should be considered far signted activity (everyday use). And the reading / computer is considered close sighting (a prescription you might now "wear" all the time, in my case I add those simple +1 reading glasses and take them off as soon as I'm done the activity).

I'd go back (preferred, I wanted to fire mine I was so angry but glad I didn't) or see another optometrist. You might be like me and need 1 script for everyday and an add on for specific other times.

I hope you get relief soon. And did note another poster mentioned these changes since LASIK- you might want to make sure those records get to your optometrist. If a separate person did the LASIK you might actually want to go back and speak with them 1st (mistakes do happen).
NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
So I got my eyes tested today and they found farsighted +0.5 in both eyes.. They told me to wear glasses or contacts full time.. Even when I drive! But they are for close! Anyway I tried wearing them for 2 days straight but couldn't I felt like I was gonna barf! I got so dizzy and sick. Everything from far was blurry there was no way I was gonna drive. I have constant headaches and the optometrist told me that this is what is causing your headaches.. (I am in my early 20s)

I am seeing a neurologist and when he found this out he found this ridiculous and said the reason for your headaches are tension headaches, because when I wake up in the morning the headaches start.. he said if you needed glasses the headaches would start as soon as you start reading something. But instead reading just makes the headaches worse. He told me that at your age wearing glasses for +0.5 is not needed at all as I would not notice a difference without them or cause me symptoms since I am young.

What do you all think?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:32 AM

5,839 posts, read 6,108,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernGator View Post

But when I'm on the computer (even for a "second") , reading to use +1 reading glasses, even though one eye doesn't need it.

Bottom line- I'm happy as heck.
Similar with me. I've worn contacts for about 13 years to correct astigmatism, and just recently started wearing 1.25 "cheaters" after an optometrist recommended them. I got the same recommendation from another optometrist about 3 years ago, but the glasses just didn't feel comfortable to me.

This time, around, however, I stuck with it and I'm very happy. I only wear the glasses when I am reading a book or magazine (or something with small print in a low light situation, like a menu) and occasionally while on the computer. It helps immensely. I don't know why I waited this long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness