Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:17 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

Is anyone here on disability(Social security disability).
My husband is on permanent disability (SSDI) due to seizures?

Has anyone here been through a continuing (SSDI) review? How long did your review take & did you keep or lose your benefits?

My husband & I are nervous about this review. Are there any tips on how I can speed up the review process

Thank you 😀
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 06:31 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
There's nothing much to it. He will meet with an Internal Medicine Doctor who will examine him and review his records. Maybe order some tests. SSDI does this about every 8-10 yrs, just to keep track of people. I do these for mental issues.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:51 PM

560 posts, read 452,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Hello everyone!

Is anyone here on disability(Social security disability).
My husband is on permanent disability (SSDI) due to seizures?

Has anyone here been through a continuing (SSDI) review? How long did your review take & did you keep or lose your benefits?

My husband & I are nervous about this review. Are there any tips on how I can speed up the review process

Thank you 😀
If he had a lawyer help him get SSDI I would see if he can review the forms before he submits them and walk you through the steps. Make sure they get everything they request early, and just be patient. SSA takes a long time.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:42 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Southern Belle is right. No need to do anything just yet, this is a routine process. I used to do these reviews for DDS.
Comply with all their requests in a timely manner.
If you dispute their decision then is the time for an attorney.
Here is some info on the review-

How We Review Your Disability Benefits | Social Security Matters

Good luck and don't worry unnecessarily.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:27 AM

584 posts, read 1,934,616 times
some times they do it once then leave you alon depending on the health problem

Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 AM

Thank you.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
No need to be nervous unless he has been secretly working or exaggerating disability.

Surveillance catches people in the act of defrauding a disability fund | fox4kc.com

Old 01-29-2017, 01:27 PM

He hasn't worked at all since he was put on SSDI. He has seizures & arthritis. He has no drivers license, no car.
His primary doctor just sent a letter to ssdi stating that in her opinion he cannot work.

I'm just nervous because I read on google that ssdi makes the decision not my husbands doctors.

QUOTE=nightlysparrow;47001266]No need to be nervous unless he has been secretly working or exaggerating disability.

Surveillance catches people in the act of defrauding a disability fund | fox4kc.com[/quote]

Old 01-29-2017, 01:34 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
I'm just nervous because I read on google that ssdi makes the decision not my husbands doctors.
That's true, but the judges read and carefully considers the doctors' reports.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:12 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
[quote=Positiveone;47002364]He hasn't worked at all since he was put on SSDI. He has seizures & arthritis. He has no drivers license, no car.
His primary doctor just sent a letter to ssdi stating that in her opinion he cannot work.

The criteria for meeting disability is clearly written and adhered to by DDS workers.
His review will be carefully considered by another reviewer with the same criteria, so if things are the same as in the first determination he will have nothing to worry about. His Doctors provide facts and data not decisions.

If the review decision is unfavourable he can appeal, the appeal is heard by an Administrative Law Judge and they do not have to adhere to any criteria.

I know how stressful this process is but try to remain positive for both of your sakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness