Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:39 PM

53 posts, read 85,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Start by looking at this list:

Louisiana Free Clinics - Community Health Center - Low Cost Dental Care

It's important for all women---both virgins and non-virgins---to get routine GYN check ups.

Thank you!

I forgot to mention something. I took cortisone shots in my head to help my traction alopecia. I was researching and apparently it might affect menstrual cycle for 3 months or more based on what a woman said in another forum (not sure if true).

I completely forgot about this, but I knew my periods started getting irregular and weird once I got those shots. I had 3 consecutive shots each month in my head. I'm not sure if those are the reason for my period still now being so irregular but can someone who has any experience with that give me so info

http://cortisone-info.com/Side-Effects/Sexuality

Last edited by Noelle25_0; 01-27-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:01 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,522,518 times
If you're really concerned, see a doctor. A day or 2 change over time is not a big deal. You are not in perimenopause in your 20's.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:04 PM

My last cortisone shot was in September 7th. During those times I wasn't tracking my period. But I got one on July 25th and another on August 24th.

Perhaps those are still affecting me, but does anyone know when or if my period will go back to normal?

Old 01-27-2017, 10:55 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,000,021 times
I got my first period when I was 12 and was actually very regular for years, contrary to the common advice that your period is irregular at first.

Mine got crazy at around 25 and stayed that way until last year (I'm 28). Not sure why.

I don't have kids and don't want them, so I don't know if it's a sign of fertility problems or not. My cycle finally evened out sometime last year, and my periods have been regular (within a day or two) ever since.

Not to be vulgar, but if you're worried about ovulation within a few days, I'd just suggest having sex as much as possible if you're trying to get pregnant.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I got my first period when I was 12 and was actually very regular for years, contrary to the common advice that your period is irregular at first.

Mine got crazy at around 25 and stayed that way until last year (I'm 28). Not sure why.

I don't have kids and don't want them, so I don't know if it's a sign of fertility problems or not. My cycle finally evened out sometime last year, and my periods have been regular (within a day or two) ever since.

Not to be vulgar, but if you're worried about ovulation within a few days, I'd just suggest having sex as much as possible if you're trying to get pregnant.

You may have been doing something that was changing it. Hormonal problems or like me you got something that may have been affecting it.

I really think the mix of kenalog and cortisone really messed up my menstrual cycle because I'm realizing that its been out of whack coinciding with those dates.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:13 PM

128,078 posts, read 11,818,787 times
I have poly cystic ovary, & my periods, at your age would be anywhere between 4 weeks & 12 weeks, so imo, being off by a few days is nothing. You can also have sex when your vaginal mucus becomes long & clear (once you are married of course), this can eb a good indicator of when you are ovulating, Good luck.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:58 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,727,119 times
Stress can affect cycles.

I've been fairly regular my entire life; however, whenever I've been going through particularly stressful times, my cycle would be way off. When my husband was dying, I remember I was having 20 days between periods one month and then 45 days between cycles the next. Now I am back to 25-29 days, for the most part. But again, if there is something stressful happening, I might go 32 days.

As far as detecting ovulation, once you know the signs, they are VERY OBVIOUS! Based on my body's signs, I'm faithfully ovulating 13 days before my period shows up.

(I'm almost 53, BTW).

Old 01-28-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Stress can affect cycles.

I've been fairly regular my entire life; however, whenever I've been going through particularly stressful times, my cycle would be way off. When my husband was dying, I remember I was having 20 days between periods one month and then 45 days between cycles the next. Now I am back to 25-29 days, for the most part. But again, if there is something stressful happening, I might go 32 days.

As far as detecting ovulation, once you know the signs, they are VERY OBVIOUS! Based on my body's signs, I'm faithfully ovulating 13 days before my period shows up.

(I'm almost 53, BTW).

I've not been stressed. I think this all may be due to the cortisone shots. I had 3 shots on each side of my head for 3 months. In July, August and September then my dermatologist stopped because she could see signs of an atrophy. She never told me about any side effects to this, and said it was safe.

I researched and many women had irregular periods afterwards and some cases even resulted in infertility.

This is so unfair. This woman didn't tell me any side effects would occur and now I may be infertile

Old 01-28-2017, 09:21 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,216,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
Thank you!

I forgot to mention something. I took cortisone shots in my head to help my traction alopecia. I was researching and apparently it might affect menstrual cycle for 3 months or more based on what a woman said in another forum (not sure if true).

I completely forgot about this, but I knew my periods started getting irregular and weird once I got those shots. I had 3 consecutive shots each month in my head. I'm not sure if those are the reason for my period still now being so irregular but can someone who has any experience with that give me so info

Sexuality
How bad is your hair loss? If you are more concerned that your periods remain regular (even though your slightly irregular periods may not be actually indicative of any loss of fertility) then maybe you should stop getting cortisone shots for your traction alopecia. I assume you're no longer putting stress on your hair with ponytails or whatever? Prioritize your issues.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
How bad is your hair loss? If you are more concerned that your periods remain regular (even though your slightly irregular periods may not be actually indicative of any loss of fertility) then maybe you should stop getting cortisone shots for your traction alopecia. I assume you're no longer putting stress on your hair with ponytails or whatever? Prioritize your issues.

It's not too bad. Just around my edges and they are growing back slowly but surely. I stopped taking cortisone shots since September 7th ( the last time I had them) but still my periods have been irregular. From what others have said online in other sites periods can be out of whack for a couple months after getting cortisone shots and I had 3 consecutive months of using them to get my hair growth back.

Not sure how long it will be before my periods become regular again and if so I could still have some long term damage to my fertility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness