Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:10 PM

53 posts, read 87,118 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am a 25 year old Haitian American woman who is having irregular periods. My period cycles have been fluctuating from every 26 days to then 27 days to now 24 days. I have had no change in diet or stress. My weight has fluctuated a bit but not by much. I am worried my egg quality is failing or I am experiencing perimenopause. I have never been on birth control. I am now currently only taking ubiquinol tablets and drinking chlorophyll. What could be wrong with me? I am a virgin so not on birth control and never had sex, so I can't be pregnant or have any kind of STD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Noelle, my cycle changed on occasion throughout my life. Doesn't mean something is wrong.

If it worries you this much, though, you should probably see a doctor. And the surest way to regularize your cycle is birth control pills.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Noelle, my cycle changed on occasion throughout my life. Doesn't mean something is wrong.

If it worries you this much, though, you should probably see a doctor. And the surest way to regularize your cycle is birth control pills.
Has it affected your fertility? I am planning on having a child in the next 2 years

Old 01-27-2017, 02:24 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
Has it affected your fertility? I am planning on having a child in the next 2 years
I'm well past menopause.

But no, birth control pills did not permanently affect my fertility. And the regularizing effect lasted long after I stopped taking them.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:27 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Being "regular as clockwork" is how I hear many women speaking with pride about their cycles. Regularity is over-rated. Unless you are QUITE irregular there is only a low chance that it is related to infertility. Do you have any other health issues?

If you're concerned, go to your doctor. They'll likely just say that most women your age are very fertile and there's no need to worry unless you've been actively trying to get pregnant for 6 months without using any kind of birth control and still aren't pregnant - they won't hardly look at you if you haven't tried for 6 months.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Being "regular as clockwork" is how I hear many women speaking with pride about their cycles. Regularity is over-rated. Unless you are QUITE irregular there is only a low chance that it is related to infertility. Do you have any other health issues?

If you're concerned, go to your doctor. They'll likely just say that most women your age are very fertile and there's no need to worry unless you've been actively trying to get pregnant for 6 months without using any kind of birth control and still aren't pregnant - they won't hardly look at you if you haven't tried for 6 months.
I personally will not have sex before marriage and I am engaged to be married but will marry in 2018. I want to know where my fertility stands now so I can help this before we start trying.

That is not right that doctors will not help women who are not sexually active. My periods used to be very regular. Every 28 days, however when I neared 25 to now my periods have been very inconsistent and never able to reach 28 days anymore.

Like I said they've been 26 days in November 27 days in December and just today I got my period and it was 24 days. I started my last in January 3rd, then got it today January 27th.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:45 PM

I have no other health issues. I have had some weight fluctuations,but not drastic.

I am currently taking ubiquinol tablets and drinking chlorophyll. I also started noticing that once I started using Rogaine for Women for my traction alopecia my cycle became irregular, but I looked online and there's been no cases of rogaine causing menstrual irregularity

Old 01-27-2017, 03:31 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,972,828 times
When I began having periods, I was told to expect them to be irregular at first, then later they would become regular. Yet, for me, it was the opposite. My periods were so regular that I could predict with certainty when the next one would come and knew that it would show up when I got out of bed.

Then, the year I turned 16 was a stressful year for me. A friend and I got hit by a car. I was told that this might affect my cycle but it didn't. Later that same year, my family moved when my father took a job transfer that was outside the mainland US. I was excited about this but, still, it was very stressful with all the adjustments. My cycle became irregular and I no longer could predict when the next period would come. A doctor told me that I would eventually return to having regular periods---but that never happened.

I had no trouble at all conceiving when I was ready to become a parent. In fact, since I was overweight (but not obese), my mother and her friend told me that I was going to have a tough time conceiving---they were very wrong.

If you are otherwise healthy, you should have no problems. Still, it's a good idea to go to a GYN and get a routine check up.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:53 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
I have no other health issues. I have had some weight fluctuations,but not drastic.

I am currently taking ubiquinol tablets and drinking chlorophyll. I also started noticing that once I started using Rogaine for Women for my traction alopecia my cycle became irregular, but I looked online and there's been no cases of rogaine causing menstrual irregularity
You sound totally normal and healthy. You are not a robot, the human body is not perfectly made, there are slight irregularities.

If you really wanna know - stop taking the tablets or chlorophyll for a while and see if that makes a difference.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:57 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
The point is that beyond a general check-up of your "lady parts" it does not make medical sense to do a full fertility workup on a very young woman who hasn't even tried to get pregnant yet - so has no history of infertility or trouble getting pregnant.

If you're saying you have to "prove" your fertility prior to getting married I don't know what that would mean other than getting your hormones checked and having a gynecological exam. And just because things "look normal" does not prove you'll get pregnant fast. So calm down and see what happens when you start actually trying. You are only borrowing trouble by getting all worried now...and mental stress actually has an impact on your periods...so RELAX!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness