U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkster742 View Post
I have worn contacts for 30 years and just recently have been put in Air Optix. Ever since I started using this brand, o can no longer wear my contacts for more than 2 hours without terrible itching and blurred vision. My eyes were so damaged that I had to start on prednisone drops just to calm the reaction down. Once I healed up, I tried the Air Optix again and same reaction. I can't even try any different brands until my eyes calm down.

I had the same issue! I am currently on those same eye drops and my left eye has permanent damage from these now. I am using the drops to try to get some of the blurriness in my vision to go away but I won't be able to wear contacts ever again because the damage is so severe. At this point I'm just hoping to be able to get some of my vision back. I am 27 and cannot even drive at night with glasses on because my vision is so distorted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:07 PM

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcoleman View Post
I had the same issue! I am currently on those same eye drops and my left eye has permanent damage from these now. I am using the drops to try to get some of the blurriness in my vision to go away but I won't be able to wear contacts ever again because the damage is so severe. At this point I'm just hoping to be able to get some of my vision back. I am 27 and cannot even drive at night with glasses on because my vision is so distorted.
I've got something similar going on. My vision has been permanently altered as well.

My story starts in August of 2017. I went to my optometrist for my yearly eye exam and they decided to change my prescription from Air Optix Night & Day to Air Optix HydraGlide. After a month of wearing the new contacts from the samples given during the apointment; I put in a fresh pair from the ones I ordered.

Within a day my eyes were unbearably irritated. Red, puffy, itchy. It caused me to constantly blink which just made it worse. I went back to the optometrist 4-5 different times. They tried multiple different brands of contacts and my eyes rejected every one of them. I even went back to Air Optix Night & Day and they also irritate my eyes within 2 hours of putting them in.

I am 35 and have been wearing monthly disposables since I was 15 and never had an issue.

I have been wearing glasses all the time now, but I have noticed my vision has changed. I am going to go in for another eye exam to see if my prescription has changed even though it has been stable since I was 20 years old.

Old Today, 10:09 PM

2 posts
I also went to an ophthalmologist. Who said it may be dry eyes. He gave me an allergy drop and punctal plugs to help provide more moisture.

No luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness