Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 PM

720 posts, read 765,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
Personally, I would never get any medications from any other country, I feel my health is #1, in some cases you can get in touch with the manufactures and some even give you some free or go to charities in your state and lots of them can help you, but never by from a unknown place. My opinion
Certainly your choice. You obviously haven't seen the news stories about counterfeit meds coming through regularly pharmacies in the good old U S of A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 08:19 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Effzee View Post
Certainly your choice. You obviously haven't seen the news stories about counterfeit meds coming through regularly pharmacies in the good old U S of A.
Amen to that. I was on a generic medication a few years back and bought it from Walgreens. Then a Target opened near me and I transferred my script there. I started taking the med from Target, and all my symptoms returned! Two days later it was like I wasn't on any med at all! The med from Target must have been counterfeit. I quickly transferred my script back to Walgreens and refilled it, and the med started working again immediately.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:06 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,424,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
...The med from Target must have been counterfeit. I quickly transferred my script back to Walgreens and refilled it, and the med started working again immediately.

Or maybe the pharmacist gave you the wrong medication. That happened to me some years ago. I got a script filled and noticed that the pills were a different color, although they were exactly the same small size and shape as my previous refill. I googled the color, shape and inscription on the pills and found that, instead of thyroid medication I had been given an anti-anxiety drug. The error was confirmed when I returned the pills and the bottle to the store. That was the last time I ever got a prescription filled there.

Edited to add that the bottle said the contents were the thyroid medication.

Last edited by TFW46; 04-04-2017 at 09:35 AM..

Old 04-04-2017, 09:24 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Or maybe the pharmacist gave you the wrong medication. That happened to me some years ago. I got a script filled and noticed that the pills were a different color, although they were exactly the same small size and shape as my previous refill. I googled the color, shape and inscription on the pills and found that, instead of thyroid medication I had been given an anti-anxiety drug. The error was confirmed when I returned the pills and the bottle to the store. That was the last time I ever got a prescription filled there.
Good point. In my case the pills looked exactly the same as the ones from Walgreens. They just did absolutely nothing.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:12 AM

862 posts, read 975,482 times
I ordered from a offshore pharmacy like 10 years ago as a experiment to see if I would be able to, I got a letter from "Homeland Security" with the seizure notice, it had the statute stating that importation of drugs is illegal and that it would be destroyed, it did say if I wanted to appeal to contact whoever.

the emailed the letter to offshore pharmacy and they sent it again at no cost, but all I got is another seizure letter.

I say it would be best to just do the regular way, my health coverage does if you are a medication long term you can order
thru their website at a lower cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness