Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 08:06 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
I meant to say I have +0.5 in the left and +0.25 in the right, excuse me.
That is hardly any refractive error. I'm surprised it bothers you considering you had LASIK for myopia. Most patients who have LASIK for myopia are so nearsighted they can't see a thing far away without glasses. I had LASIK myself in 2000. I couldn't even see the big E on the eye chart. I was thrilled with the results but ended up in reading glasses prematurely (age 38).

A +0.50 and +0.25 would be a dream come true for a nearsighted LASIK patient. Methinks you doth protest too much. I've worked 15+ years in nearly every eyeball job there is: ophthalmic technician, optometric technician, ophthalmic surgical technician, ophthalmic manager, LASIK coordinator, and optician, and the only time we give glasses to patients with that little refractive error is in a progressive multifocal pair of glasses when they also need reading power at the bottom of the lens. I suggest no more touch ups. It might overcorrect you even more and also do corneal damage, and you sure don't want that. Let your eyes do their thing, and get another refraction in a year to see where things stand. If the strain bothers you that much, you can get a prescription pair of glasses with a good anti-reflective coating to reduce glare and reflections. I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 03:20 PM

344 posts, read 429,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That is hardly any refractive error. I'm surprised it bothers you considering you had LASIK for myopia. Most patients who have LASIK for myopia are so nearsighted they can't see a thing far away without glasses. I had LASIK myself in 2000. I couldn't even see the big E on the eye chart. I was thrilled with the results but ended up in reading glasses prematurely (age 38).

A +0.50 and +0.25 would be a dream come true for a nearsighted LASIK patient. Methinks you doth protest too much. I've worked 15+ years in nearly every eyeball job there is: ophthalmic technician, optometric technician, ophthalmic surgical technician, ophthalmic manager, LASIK coordinator, and optician, and the only time we give glasses to patients with that little refractive error is in a progressive multifocal pair of glasses when they also need reading power at the bottom of the lens. I suggest no more touch ups. It might overcorrect you even more and also do corneal damage, and you sure don't want that. Let your eyes do their thing, and get another refraction in a year to see where things stand. If the strain bothers you that much, you can get a prescription pair of glasses with a good anti-reflective coating to reduce glare and reflections. I hope that helps.
I now have +0.25 in the left eye and +0.25 in the right eye. Tested twice in the first week than the week after, results came exactly the same. However I am still experiencing sever eye strain.. I feel it between me eyes.. its not sinus because I had a camera stuck in there by a ENT and I had a CT scan of my sinuses and blood work everything came back clear. I was told that my eyes were dry, but I dont think dry eyes can cause that. I am on restasis but dont see any improvement, its been almost 2 months Im on it now, twice a day.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:50 AM

344 posts, read 429,472 times
I dont understand ! Why do I have so much eye strain ! My eyes hurt 24/7 from the momeny I wake up the strain is horrible ! Reading is impossible ! Because I feel strain when reading (not burning) watching tv is difficult as well.. and well just anything that I have to concentrate my eye. I got my eyes tested and im only +0.25 in both eyes after lasik. I got a drop to show the real refraction from the optemetrist and it shows I am +0.5 in both eyes only. Not much difference! I dont understand ! What is wrong with me !!! Its ruining my life! I cant even go to school !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness