Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 08:50 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there been to Mexico for dental work?

Any recommendations??

Article on buzfeed regarding Algondones, across the border from Yuma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Anyone out there been to Mexico for dental work?

Any recommendations??

Article on buzfeed regarding Algondones, across the border from Yuma.
Here is my take for what it is worth: we never did try it when living in NM but we had friends that did. Some were very happy and of course it is a lot less expensive but here are the drawbacks. One couple drove over the border, had work done, the wife got a terrible infection. This could happen anywhere, but 2 problems with over the border; they will not stand my their work and if you have driven more than a few miles, think of the cost to return when things do not work out. I know, from reports, we choose to use our very reliable dentist close to where we live. Just think of all that could go wrong and the options you have.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:24 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
I've been to Tijuana for eye care, Costa Rica for dental work and our neighbor and various other people we know have had dental work done in Mexico. I've been pleased with the work done at a significant savings, the Dr's trained in the US, the offices were clean and modern. Others have been pleased also.

Now, nmnita gave you good advise. It is a foreign country, and even if Dr's or dentists stand by their work and many don't, it costs money to go back. If you have insurance that will pay, make that your first option. I chose Costa Rica to get dental implants, my insurance paid nothing. The price my fancy Scottsdale periodontist quoted for two implants was more than the trip to Costa Rica, the work, hotel and meals. I know patients are supposed to pay for her Mercedes, the family vacation to the Bahamas, and her kids private school tuition, but I chose not to. Instead I had an awesome time in Costa Rica, got world class dental implants and met many Americans who were there for dental work. When not sitting in the waiting room, we'd go out for dinner and tours of the island.

Do your research, read all you can about the dentist, then decide, based on what you know. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:54 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I get all of my dental work done in Tijuana, and the office that I go to has 11 dentists, and each dentist has their own cubicle with their business cards and prescription pads in it. Some of the dentists only do general dentistry, some are specialized.

So I have several dentists that I've seen. One that only cleans my teeth, one that made my lower partial, one that pulled two teeth, and one that did my root canal. If I have more than one appointment in a day, when that dentist if finished with me, I move to the cubicle that the belongs to the other dentist.

All the work that's been done is high quality, and if I have an emergency (like my root canal), they'll get me right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness