U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 08:51 AM

12,479 posts, read 13,783,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
There is a "Chemical" stress test which does not involve as treadmill. You get some injection and then they monitor you for a while. I have a bad back and can't do the treadmill.
Same here, I walk on crutches so I have the chemically-induced stress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 02:55 PM

2,470 posts, read 6,289,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
There is a "Chemical" stress test which does not involve as treadmill. You get some injection and then they monitor you for a while. I have a bad back and can't do the treadmill.
The chemical stress test is nuclear stress test,I had it since I had triple by pass.

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM

279 posts, read 115,143 times
I had forgotten all about this thread. I received a positive rating this morning and was looking at some older posts of mine and saw this one so I thought i'd update. I was facing open heart surgery when i posted here, but I was very fortunate to have the T.A.V.R Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement procedure instead. I went into Hoag hospital on Nov. 21 2017 and was released the next day. A small incision is made in the groin and a catheter is pushed up to the heart expanding the bad valve and then the new one is plugged in kind of like the cork in a wine bottle. Recuperation was very quick and all is well now. Before the procedure i was constantly having small palpitations and miss beats that I could feel. Nothing like those at all now. I still can't believe how good I feel sometimes.

Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM

70,958 posts, read 82,235,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
I had forgotten all about this thread. I received a positive rating this morning and was looking at some older posts of mine and saw this one so I thought i'd update. I was facing open heart surgery when i posted here, but I was very fortunate to have the T.A.V.R Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement procedure instead. I went into Hoag hospital on Nov. 21 2017 and was released the next day. A small incision is made in the groin and a catheter is pushed up to the heart expanding the bad valve and then the new one is plugged in kind of like the cork in a wine bottle. Recuperation was very quick and all is well now. Before the procedure i was constantly having small palpitations and miss beats that I could feel. Nothing like those at all now. I still can't believe how good I feel sometimes.
Happy to hear you are doing so well. That is what the doctors are supposed to do and try to do as often as possible: make your life more livable and enjoyable. Thanks for letting us know. And we should all be glad for modern medicine.

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

9,569 posts, read 6,807,786 times
Quote:

I just found this thread, read through it and so glad you updated us. So good to know you did so well with your valve surgery and were able to have the "minimally invasive" version of that surgery. Best wishes going forward.

Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Happy to hear you are doing so well. That is what the doctors are supposed to do and try to do as often as possible: make your life more livable and enjoyable. Thanks for letting us know. And we should all be glad for modern medicine.

I have to second your sentiments here, all of them.

I'm facing some cardiac issues myself ( electrical, not so much plumbing, though structures are involved, apparently), and am truly amazed and grateful at the available technology, as well as the expertise and caring of the medical personnel involved.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

66 posts, read 20,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
OP wrote: "What do they entail? Anything to do to prep for it?"

Other than normal rest, stay well hydrated prior to the tests.
So, you are allowed to drink before your exercise stress test? I ultimately opted not to do one because according to the protocol I was given, I was not allowed to drink (or eat) anything for four hours before the test.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM

15,059 posts, read 19,419,583 times
Quote:

Great news! Thanks for the update!

Old Today, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
So, you are allowed to drink before your exercise stress test? I ultimately opted not to do one because according to the protocol I was given, I was not allowed to drink (or eat) anything for four hours before the test.

I had a nuclear scan stress test a few months ago ( which includes the same exercise, ie trotting on a treadmill, LOL), and as I recall the instructions were to not eat 6 hours or so before the test, and not to have anything containing caffeine for ??I think 2 hours before the test, but drinking water was ok right up to the test.

They also offered us water, or juice while we were waiting during the test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or