Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
Yep. Guaranteed that the OP eats/drinks the crap SAD or Standard American Diet, for those that don't know. Probably consumes soda, alcohol, candy, fried foods, fast food, fatty meat and lots of refined grains. OP, if you eat that crap diet long enough, the kidneys will be the least of your worries, cause you will end up having a heart attack or being diagnosed with heart disease, the leading cause of death in America. Get you head out of your ass and start eating better. This is your wake-up call. You're not dead yet and there's no magic pill that's going to save you.

You need to treat your body with respect and start drinking more spring water and eating a larger quantity of organic fruits and vegetables as a larger percentage of your overall diet. When you get hungry, instead of going for a candy bar or a bag of chips for a snack, try eating a banana or two or an apple or peach or whatever tastes good to you. Start eating a salad everyday, with as many vegetables in it as you like. Swap out the donuts and muffins for oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries in it. Swap alcohol and soda for green tea. The simple little things will pay big dividends a decade or two down the line.

The reason doctors don't tell you about how important diet is to overall health is cause they're ignorant. They get almost no dietary training in med school. They are just professional pill pushers, drug dealers for big pharmaceutical companies. While you're at it, read a nutritional healing book.
Gee tell us how you really feel about doctors? I might add, not all doctors fit into your little about what the are and what they do and do not know. You are right, they do not all have a really good understanding as to what is good and bad when it comes to diets for different ailments, but I have had doctors actually give me a diet to follow for certain things. So please don't be so quick to judge.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:51 AM

96 posts, read 39,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I find it hard to believe you have been seeing a kidney doctor (nephrologist) and s/he hasnt recommended a visit with a dietician.
hard to believe or not but I've seen them, not 1 of them has ever even mentioned dietician, actually you are the first person....

Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwunswer View Post
hard to believe or not but I've seen them, not 1 of them has ever even mentioned dietician, actually you are the first person....
This is WHY we as patients with health conditions need to be SO MUCH our own advocates, seek out info and it's all there so much today, at our fingertips. I'd say there are foods related to all our health issues.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:34 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,256 times
You are the only one who can do anything about your kidney disease. Rather than blaming doctors and various other people for it, just knuckle down and do what you can. If you don't want to read this and learn how to care for yourself, at least stop blaming other people, it doesn't help you and just wastes your energy and time. There are diet instructions in this link.

I hope your health improves, OP.

https://www.davita.com/kidney-diseas...disease/e/4749

Old 07-20-2017, 05:30 PM

427 posts, read 1,223,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Gee tell us how you really feel about doctors? I might add, not all doctors fit into your little about what the are and what they do and do not know. You are right, they do not all have a really good understanding as to what is good and bad when it comes to diets for different ailments, but I have had doctors actually give me a diet to follow for certain things. So please don't be so quick to judge.
You're right there are alternative medicine doctors and doctors in foreign countries that are actually good people and know what they're talking about. I should've specified mainstream American doctors in my post. The U.S. is one of only two countries in the world that allows prescription drug advertisements. It's also the nation that has the most people addicted to prescription opioid painkillers. Coincidence? Who is prescribing all of those meds? It couldn't be mainstream American doctors, could it?

Quote:
Did you read my previous post? There's a reason they haven't brought up diet. Read a nutritional healing book and you'll know more about diet and natural healing than most American doctors that went to med school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is WHY we as patients with health conditions need to be SO MUCH our own advocates, seek out info and it's all there so much today, at our fingertips. I'd say there are foods related to all our health issues.
Guaranteed there are. It's not just food either. It's the chemically laden, contaminated water people consume, the polluted air they breathe living in urban areas downwind of major pollution producing corporations, the stresses of modern life, traffic jams, being overworked and in some cases poor genetics. It's a cumulative effect. The human body is amazing and has the power to heal itself, but it can only take so much. We have to treat our bodies with respect and be vigilant about keeping them in proper working order. It all starts with healthy eating and good quality water and air.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
You may want to schedule an appointment with a dietician as you maybe eating foods that are bad for your kidneys and not even know it. start by cutting salt from your diet.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:17 AM

96 posts, read 39,784 times
I EAT what I want to eat what other people EAT because they CHOOSE to eat it and nothing will stop me from EATING what I want to EAT because it's MY CHOICE and not MY FAULT I have high blood pressure plus kidney disease SO DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO EAT, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:39 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
I EAT what I want to eat what other people EAT because they CHOOSE to eat it and nothing will stop me from EATING what I want to EAT because it's MY CHOICE and not MY FAULT I have high blood pressure plus kidney disease SO DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO EAT, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.
Okay, you don't want any help, do what you want and accept the outcome. Good luck.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:41 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Okay, you don't want any help, do what you want and accept the outcome. Good luck.
Thinking the same thoughts, why ask for help from members.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
I think I am a bit confused: you post, wanting to know what to do or what can be done. You are young to have severe kidney disease and now you are saying you intend to eat what you want. Guess you really don't want any advise, just want to rant. OK, we all rant once in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness