U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 06:17 PM

11,625 posts, read 9,831,044 times

Advertisements

About your dizziness; do you have it when first sitting up from a prone position? Several months ago I developed a mild case of vertigo. I had never suffered from dizziness. Here is one link: Vertigo: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment. After my doctor diagnosed me; I simply found exercises online that helped 'cure' my problem. It did not take long; maybe two to three weeks and I have not suffered from it since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 09:11 AM

4,295 posts, read 7,271,345 times
fisheye, yes, I can feel it at times already from the moment I wake up in the morning. It happens at such random times, although later on, I seemed to have gotten it at some point DAILY. I still don't know what's causing it & I've seen a dr about a month into it. She did this exercise in which she laid me down and lifted me up pretty quickly to see how I felt. I didn't seem to feel anything.

I don't know...At first, I thought 1 of 2 types of vitamins helped, but I guess not. I can't figure out what's causing it or what might seem to help alleviate it. Sigh!

Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 AM

11,625 posts, read 9,831,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
fisheye, yes, I can feel it at times already from the moment I wake up in the morning. It happens at such random times, although later on, I seemed to have gotten it at some point DAILY. I still don't know what's causing it & I've seen a dr about a month into it. She did this exercise in which she laid me down and lifted me up pretty quickly to see how I felt. I didn't seem to feel anything.

I don't know...At first, I thought 1 of 2 types of vitamins helped, but I guess not. I can't figure out what's causing it or what might seem to help alleviate it. Sigh!
That 'exercise' is what identified my case. Sorry; I thought there might be a 'simple' solution with a quick and painless 'cure'. Good luck and I hope that somebody finds your problem.

By the way; my wife did not develop asthma until her late fifties (about ten years ago). Right now she is on Dulera (she has tried most of them in the last decade) as well as many other medications to control other aspects. But she can only survive so long until she still has to take prednisone. Unfortunately it seems the time in-between the prednisone becomes less (currently about one month) - of course that depends on other factors like the weather. Prednisone should be treated as a drug of last resort because of possible side effects - but it can be a lifesaver to asthmatics that simply cannot breathe.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:38 AM

584 posts, read 811,879 times
Just ressurecting this thread because I have adult onset asthma -- 65 year old healthy female -- and it came out of nowhere. My pulmonologist thinks it is linked to acid reflux (certainly made WORSE by it). I used the asthmanex inhaler for about a month and it improved significantly but I do not want to take a steroid for an extended amount of time. I have been taking magnesium supplements and watching my diet and I have been off the inhaler for about 2 months and have not had a significant attack. I still don't know what allergen brought it on -- I have a cat but don't think he is the real trigger. I am focusing on boosting my immune system and that does seem to help. I also keep my home as dust free as possible -- wood floors, frequent cleanings, washing of sheets, etc. I have wondered about dust mites. I think I will replace my pillows as another possibility. Even wool blankets or synthetics could be a source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or