Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 06:10 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

I'm have my endoscopy & colonoscopy the day after tomorrow (Friday) in the hospital because of my VCD. I'm quite nervous about the prep because I have a tendency toward low blood sugar if I don't eat. I forgot I'm not supposed to eat nuts for 5 days and I had 6 macadamia nuts last night. Also concerned about the trip from my house to the hospital, which fortunately, is only about 3-5 miles away.

I'm having my BIL take me and my oldest son will be picking me up. What do they do with your personal items like your phone or purse if nobody is staying with you the whole time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 07:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
...What do they do with your personal items like your phone or purse if nobody is staying with you the whole time?

One hospital had lockers where I could store my purse/clothing. Another center had me put my stuff underneath the cart that I was on. I never brought credit cards, cash or anything about which I wanted to have to worry.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:01 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Every time I have been in a hospital they put my stuff in a bag under my gurney.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2017, 02:08 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
The center where I usually have my scopes puts me in a cubicle with a bed and a closet for my clothing, shoes and personal items. After the scope, I'm returned to that cubicle until I'm fully functioning. I don't take anything of value.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:25 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,148 times
I'm scheduling a screening colo this fall but I don't have anyone to drive me there and sit with me and drive me back, so I was wondering did anyone here hire a home health care aide for the day for something like this? I do have the funds for hiring someone so money is not the concern.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
I'm scheduling a screening colo this fall but I don't have anyone to drive me there and sit with me and drive me back, so I was wondering did anyone here hire a home health care aide for the day for something like this? I do have the funds for hiring someone so money is not the concern.

That's exactly what I did the last couple of times. She ddnt stay at the center -- she dropped me off and the center called her when I was ready for pickup.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:38 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,148 times
Quote:
That's exactly what I did the last couple of times. She ddnt stay at the center -- she dropped me off and the center called her when I was ready for pickup.
Oh, hmmm, thought the center requires someone to be in the waiting room waiting for you during the exam?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:02 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Oh, hmmm, thought the center requires someone to be in the waiting room waiting for you during the exam?
Not anytime I have gone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Some may, but the three that my doctors used (one hospital and two centers) didnt require that someone be there all the time. In fact, I've used that transport service for several day surgeries at the local hospital too and never had to have the driver stay.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:15 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Some may, but the three that my doctors used (one hospital and two centers) didnt require that someone be there all the time. In fact, I've used that transport service for several day surgeries at the local hospital too and never had to have the driver stay.
I think their concern is that you don't drive home under the influence of the anesthesia, not that someone stays with you in the waiting room. I'm not sure if you go cold turkey on the anesthesia ( don't have any) during your colonoscopy, or other procedures for that matter, they wouldn't be ok with your driving yourself home.

I'm thinking you might be able even to just call a cab ( or Dial-A Ride bus, like we have around here), rather than hire an attendent to drive you home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness