Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:35 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times

Advertisements

It's sort of early, for most healthy women. Perhaps you started your period at 10???? That could account for an early pre-menopause....but I bet that's not your case. You just have the mid-life thing of weird periods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 10:37 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I was essentially peri menopause around that age.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2017, 04:55 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I was essentially peri menopause around that age.

I was too, but didn't know it.

I was diagnosed peri menopausal at age 40 after one of my periods lasted 17 days. Did a number of tests, blood work and ultrasound and uterine biopsy....all came ok..I was just heading into menopause.

It took about 12 mths and 3 different pills to find the one that worked for me and when I found it..I was elated!! That little pill saved so many lives!! Anyway...I tool the pill for 5 yrs...stopped 2 yrs ago when my period were pretty much non existent.

the OP needs to see her doctor and talk to her mom and find out when she when she went into menopause. My mom was 46 when she had her last period and I was 47.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:21 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I was too, but didn't know it.

I was diagnosed peri menopausal at age 40 after one of my periods lasted 17 days. Did a number of tests, blood work and ultrasound and uterine biopsy....all came ok..I was just heading into menopause.

It took about 12 mths and 3 different pills to find the one that worked for me and when I found it..I was elated!! That little pill saved so many lives!! Anyway...I tool the pill for 5 yrs...stopped 2 yrs ago when my period were pretty much non existent.

the OP needs to see her doctor and talk to her mom and find out when she when she went into menopause. My mom was 46 when she had her last period and I was 47.
What was the pill?

Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
What was the pill?
Ov-Con35 was the one that finally worked for me. It had to be brand, the generic didn't work for me. I tried it, gave it 3 mths, and ended up going back to the brand and could 'feel' the difference within days.

Go see you doctor. Ask him to test your FSH level...that will indicate whether or not you're in peri menopause. He'll want to do an ultrasound to rule out fibroids as well. Go see your doctor and then update this thread!

Old 07-31-2017, 07:25 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
I went into premature menopause at 37. There was no known cause to be found. I had my children in my 20's, thank goodness, or most likely, would not have been able to later.
So, OP, yes it can happen that young. Best to get blood work done and chat with your doctor.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:09 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Hi all,

I was just wondering if you were possible to have pre menopause at such an early age. I have irregular periods and have been having them since my late 20's. My hormones have seem to be out of control-or at least my rage is.

Every little thing irritates me, I just want to be along in peace and quiet and have my own space.

I did quit smoking 8 days ago (not a heavy smoker) and I though that it was because of that, but I have had this sort of feeling of rage before.

I am not currently on birth control or take any medications. I was on birth control for a short period of 3 months because of ovarian cysts, but that problem has been resolved. I was worried about taking birth control because of the synthetic ramifications it can have on the body.

Does anyone have any experience with irregular periods and pre-menopause?
Why would you think a feeling of rage is associated with menopause?

What is going on in your life that is making you so angry?

Old 07-31-2017, 08:19 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

You've never heard of PMS? Hormones can have a very strong impact on emotions, and it's very likely that OP's emotional state is related to what seems like hormones that are not functioning as they should be.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:31 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You've never heard of PMS? Hormones can have a very strong impact on emotions, and it's very likely that OP's emotional state is related to what seems like hormones that are not functioning as they should be.
I would never have associated "rage" with "menopause", and I think it's a disservice to women to correlate the two. It's such an antique stereotype to imply that women lose their minds, or become raging crazies, because of their periods.

Although hormones can exaggerate emotions, I think the emotion that is experienced is probably more directly related to external, rather than internal, events. That is, I think someone who is experiencing rage would be experiencing rage regardless of whether periods are regular or irregular.

I would suggest looking at the bigger picture to identify what else is going on that is causing anger.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

Because it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness