U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 PM

24,400 posts, read 15,758,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I think it's safe to say docs have minds of their own. What we tell them can go in one ear and out the other...like they "walk in our shoes".... I'm too on to them.

My doctor's always listen to me. My RA doctor even started by asking me what meds I think would be appropriate. He approved the majority of what I thought would be good to start with, and when he disagreed he explained why.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 04:42 PM

854 posts, read 398,516 times
My doctors have always listened to my concerns and worked with me. Always.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:00 PM

13,597 posts, read 1,464,244 times
I rook lisonopril for about a month & it made me cough more, so it was a simple switch, ( to losartan potassium) talk to your dr, ther are many, many bp meds, so you can find one that agrees with you

Old 08-04-2017, 05:11 PM

14,415 posts, read 4,363,855 times
My doctors had no reason to listen to me on BP meds as I went into them not knowing a thing about what I need or should start with.

My doctors have always listened to my concerns and would suggest the supplements to start with as they were and are integrative MD's. Except, of course, the gang I just went thru with this knee infection fiasco.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-04-2017 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 05:33 PM

8,625 posts, read 5,763,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
My doctors have always listened to my concerns and worked with me. Always.
That has pretty much been my experience with my doctors too.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:27 PM

4,199 posts, read 10,005,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My doctors had no reason to listen to me on BP meds as I went into them not knowing a thing about what I need or should start with.

My doctors have always listened to my concerns and would suggest the supplements to start with as they were and are integrative MD's. Except, of course, the gang I just went thru with this knee infection fiasco.
That would be the knee infection likely caused by the "integrative docs pushing prolotherapy and accupuncture otherwise known as unneccessary needles in the joint" and "cured" by the "non integrative MD's"

That's the one right??

Old 08-04-2017, 07:37 PM

4,990 posts, read 9,053,008 times
OP here. Could we kindly get back on topic here? i REALLY want to know whether beta blockers might be effective and better tolerated than the ACE inhibitor/HCTZ combo that isn't working for me and is giving me several side effects.

Please respond if you have personal experience with a beta blocker or something else that is working for you.

I am an older woman with a "hot reaction" personality.

No other health issues. Normal weight, good blood work, everything within normal bounds. HBP is the only issue.

Thanks.

No axes to grind here. Looking for helpful advice.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 PM

24,400 posts, read 15,758,760 times
Everyone is different so I'm not sure if additional info would help much.

I take quinaprel which is an ACE inhibitor and I have no side effects.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 08-04-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I rook lisonopril for about a month & it made me cough more, so it was a simple switch, ( to losartan potassium) talk to your dr, ther are many, many bp meds, so you can find one that agrees with you

enough said

Old 08-04-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
OP here. Could we kindly get back on topic here? i REALLY want to know whether beta blockers might be effective and better tolerated than the ACE inhibitor/HCTZ combo that isn't working for me and is giving me several side effects.

Please respond if you have personal experience with a beta blocker or something else that is working for you.

I am an older woman with a "hot reaction" personality.

No other health issues. Normal weight, good blood work, everything within normal bounds. HBP is the only issue.

Thanks.

No axes to grind here. Looking for helpful advice.
see above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or