Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 02:33 PM

7,997 posts, read 10,380,366 times

Advertisements

I have Lyme. The CDC is useless when it comes to Lyme. Also, if your test is negative, don't believe it. The tests have been shown to be horribly inaccurate, missing as many as 70% of cases in a Johns Hopkins studies. In Virginia, doctors are even required by state law to tell patients that the tests are inaccurate.

You need to find a Lyme Literate doctor. You can go to the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society's website. They have a physician referral link. www.ILADS.org.

I also advise you to watch the documentary Under Our Skin and it's sequel Under Our Skin Emergence. They are available on Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,328,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I have Lyme. The CDC is useless when it comes to Lyme. Also, if your test is negative, don't believe it. The tests have been shown to be horribly inaccurate, missing as many as 70% of cases in a Johns Hopkins studies. In Virginia, doctors are even required by state law to tell patients that the tests are inaccurate.

You need to find a Lyme Literate doctor. You can go to the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society's website. They have a physician referral link. www.ILADS.org.

I also advise you to watch the documentary Under Our Skin and it's sequel Under Our Skin Emergence. They are available on Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.
Thank You
I know people who have Have Lyme as well and went undetected for a lot of years..Dr will be testing for Lupus as well...MS has already been ruled out...Everyone likes to blame my symptoms on Peri-Menopause which in fact plays 85% of how I am feeling since I am IN Peri but this just feels way off all these pains in my muscles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness