U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2017, 02:52 PM
 
20 posts, read 8,558 times
Reputation: 36

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. A few things I should add:

I have had an MRI of my neck and multiple blood tests also done, all came back fine. Also, when this first started I had additional symptoms that went away after seeing a chiropractor. All the time I felt as if my head and body was extremely heavy, and lost appetite completely. The chiropractor did some x rays and my neck was all out of line and he did some odd hand motion on my neck with me laying on my side and did some more x rays and my neck was lined back up and incidentally the heavy feeling in my head and body went away and my appetite came back.

Far as vision issues go, it's strange because things don't get "blurry" at all, just seems as if I lost my peripheral vision and I have checked my blood sugar levels and no matter if they are normal/low/high I don't feel or see any differently. I very rarely if ever get headaches, let alone migraines. I can't even remember the last time I had a headache.

Also, not sure if related but for over a year now I have had a strange issue going #2. I can go days without going and when I do usually not a lot comes out despite me eating plenty. Also, when I do go I always have a feeling that I have a lot more backed up in there or it's blocked in some way yet no matter how hard I try I never get more out, also there is never any pain at all when I go. Sorry if TMI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2017, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, CA
8,319 posts, read 2,730,402 times
Reputation: 6338
OP: I would sure do something about NOT going for days. I've had a long history of constipation and have worked with good dosing of magnesium and Vit C and now Bile Acid Factors and boy has this last one made a major difference. Some days I go a couple times and it's so much easier. Has to do with gallbladder support. We're not supposed to talk alt med here but I can't help it. How do we get info to those looking for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 03:08 PM
 
2,098 posts, read 848,822 times
Reputation: 5579
Have you had your carotid arteries checked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 03:20 PM
 
Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
244 posts, read 129,693 times
Reputation: 539
Sorry you are having such a rough time OP, I hope they can figure it out soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Status: "NO LONGER ON THIS FORUM" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Idaho
2,463 posts, read 1,626,884 times
Reputation: 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
Thanks for the replies. A few things I should add:

I have had an MRI of my neck and multiple blood tests also done, all came back fine. Also, when this first started I had additional symptoms that went away after seeing a chiropractor. All the time I felt as if my head and body was extremely heavy, and lost appetite completely. The chiropractor did some x rays and my neck was all out of line and he did some odd hand motion on my neck with me laying on my side and did some more x rays and my neck was lined back up and incidentally the heavy feeling in my head and body went away and my appetite came back.

Far as vision issues go, it's strange because things don't get "blurry" at all, just seems as if I lost my peripheral vision and I have checked my blood sugar levels and no matter if they are normal/low/high I don't feel or see any differently. I very rarely if ever get headaches, let alone migraines. I can't even remember the last time I had a headache.

Also, not sure if related but for over a year now I have had a strange issue going #2. I can go days without going and when I do usually not a lot comes out despite me eating plenty. Also, when I do go I always have a feeling that I have a lot more backed up in there or it's blocked in some way yet no matter how hard I try I never get more out, also there is never any pain at all when I go. Sorry if TMI.
Last para sounds like colon cancer, I suggest getting off for a colonoscopy as soon as possible.

Signs and symptoms of colon cancer include:

A change in your bowel habits, including diarrhea or constipation or a change in the consistency of your stool, that lasts longer than four weeks
Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool
Persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain
A feeling that your bowel doesn't empty completely
Weakness or fatigue
Unexplained weight loss
Many people with colon cancer experience no symptoms in the early stages of the disease. When symptoms appear, they'll likely vary, depending on the cancer's size and location in your large intestine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 PM
 
Location: NC
4,522 posts, read 6,551,750 times
Reputation: 4701
OP - while I can understand your frustration, and I am sorry for your issues, you need to be talking with your primary care provider about this. If you feel they are not concerned enough, change docs, and be upfront with your new doc what is going on.








Also, if you are on meds, have you checked recently to see if side effects have been updated on their site - in case you are dealing with all this from meds.


I wish you well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2017, 12:42 AM
Status: "Kimo crack corn. Ainokea." (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
1,527 posts, read 464,345 times
Reputation: 3618
it could also be just plain constipation, perhaps made worse by prescription drugs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Last para sounds like colon cancer, I suggest getting off for a colonoscopy as soon as possible.

Signs and symptoms of colon cancer include:

A change in your bowel habits, including diarrhea or constipation or a change in the consistency of your stool, that lasts longer than four weeks
Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool
Persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain
A feeling that your bowel doesn't empty completely
Weakness or fatigue
Unexplained weight loss
Many people with colon cancer experience no symptoms in the early stages of the disease. When symptoms appear, they'll likely vary, depending on the cancer's size and location in your large intestine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 AM
Status: "Fallen " (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
2,597 posts, read 1,009,556 times
Reputation: 8052
It does sound suspect for MS. But also Myasthenia Gravis.

It's so frustrating to have issues that don't line up neatly for a sure diagnosis. You just know after a while you are getting stuck on the "it's all in your head" shelf.

I spent 10 years getting progressively worse with a total of 27 symptoms & the only answers from the doctor were to prescribe antidepressants & recccomend a hysterectomy. I refused both; getting no help is one thing. Making me worse was out if the question.

After about 5 years I just gave up on them & resigned myself to chronic illness. Somebody must have been looking out for me because I found the answer by a complete random event involving my then 8 yr old spilling a milkshake on the computer keyboard & none of the kids wanting to tell me.

The next day the keys were all sticky & they couldn't sign in to our local library districts website so I tried to do it for them. The address was "ppld.org". With the keys all glommed together it entered "ptls.org".

And I almost fell out of my chair when the home page came up with a box listing 41 symptoms outlined in red. All 27 of my symptoms were right there.

Next problem: "Oh; thats not a real syndrome. How about trying this new antidepressant?" (sigh)

I ended up having to pay out of pocket for corrective surgery because since the syndrome wasn't "real" it was considered an elective surgery. All 27 of my symptoms were subsiding within 6 weeks & some within 2 days. My doctor said it was a miracle. I said "No; it actually was PTLS. But it's not anymore!" He said "No; PTLS isn't real".

That was 3 years ago & my symptoms are totally gone now. My doctor & I had to just agree to disagree. I made him a card with a knight in shining armor on it to thank him for doing the surgery & saving my life. He laughed & said "I'm just glad you're happy (he's probably glad he only has to see me for check-ups now)!

I just hope I put it in his head, for the next time he has a patient like me; that maybe there will be a little thought. A "what if". What happened to me is considered rare enough that it was declared "not statistically significant" in the 1970's. & is therefore not something med students are educated about. I wish I would have been more proactive about my health & I could have saved myself a decade of pain & frustration. Don't give up; OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2017, 02:26 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
13,066 posts, read 9,681,195 times
Reputation: 18510
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
It does sound like it could be multiple sclerosis. Vision problems and numbness/tingling are some of the first symptoms. Maybe get tested for that.

Other ideas - is there anything in your environment that you are being exposed to like toxic mold, formaldehyde or other chemicals/poisons? These can cause issues.

Good luck, OP.
these are things doctors just dont look for... and yes it could well be..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 AM
 
20 posts, read 8,558 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
these are things doctors just dont look for... and yes it could well be..
Unfortunately, the dr I was seeing that accepts my (crappy) insurance left and she was the only one at the office that accepted it so I have to find someone else.

Another thing is I admittedly am a pretty heavy smoker, not sure if that matters much beyond the other bad stuff just being a smoker means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top