U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2017, 05:50 AM
 
20 posts, read 8,214 times
Reputation: 35

Advertisements

For over two years now I have suffered from an issue Doctors haven't been able to figure out. I feel very numb all over my body, and my vision is really messed up. When I say look into the sky, I see what looks like snow falling to the ground, I have completely lost peripheral vision, as in if I look at something splitscreen it bothers me and I can only view one side or the other. Seeing in the dark is much harder now. One very weird oddity is that if I am watching a video on my TV or computer if there is any kind of flashing on the screen I feel a strange throbbing in my head, it doesn't hurt at all and as soon as the flashing stops the throbbing feeling immediately stops.

I have had a CT scan of my brain, two MRIs of my brain, and all have came back fine. I find it hard to concentrate and really bothers me. I have also gone to the eye doctor and paid extra for some ultra high-res scans of my eye balls and they say they are fine.

I am very frustrated. My current doctor even said she doesn't know what it could be that I may just have to live with it but it affects my quality of life huge.

It's not so horribly bad that posting something like this is an issue, but I always realize something is wrong just by looking around and it's frustrating I can't find a doctor that knows what this is.

EDIT: I have also been to a neurologist and he just dismissed it saying "All of your brain scans came back fine". No help at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2017, 06:33 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
65,018 posts, read 72,724,266 times
Reputation: 33869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
For over two years now I have suffered from an issue Doctors haven't been able to figure out. I feel very numb all over my body, and my vision is really messed up. When I say look into the sky, I see what looks like snow falling to the ground, I have completely lost peripheral vision, as in if I look at something splitscreen it bothers me and I can only view one side or the other. Seeing in the dark is much harder now. One very weird oddity is that if I am watching a video on my TV or computer if there is any kind of flashing on the screen I feel a strange throbbing in my head, it doesn't hurt at all and as soon as the flashing stops the throbbing feeling immediately stops.

I have had a CT scan of my brain, two MRIs of my brain, and all have came back fine. I find it hard to concentrate and really bothers me. I have also gone to the eye doctor and paid extra for some ultra high-res scans of my eye balls and they say they are fine.

I am very frustrated. My current doctor even said she doesn't know what it could be that I may just have to live with it but it affects my quality of life huge.

It's not so horribly bad that posting something like this is an issue, but I always realize something is wrong just by looking around and it's frustrating I can't find a doctor that knows what this is.

EDIT: I have also been to a neurologist and he just dismissed it saying "All of your brain scans came back fine". No help at all.
I don't think this is at all unusual. I had my doctor tell me not too long ago:some hurts just seem to have no answer. When it affects your quality of life, that is sad but most of our aches we can not find a reason for and our doctors can not are just something we do have to live with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
2,467 posts, read 1,042,218 times
Reputation: 6285
Could it be a pinched nerve in your back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 08:25 AM
 
765 posts, read 364,335 times
Reputation: 1461
Numbness and blurry vision.
My first instinct is Pre-diabetic, Thyroid trouble, and for sure check pinched nerve in back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 08:47 AM
 
Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
244 posts, read 129,477 times
Reputation: 534
Obviously I have no way of knowing if this is what you are experiencing, but ask your dr about COMPLEX migraines. At least some of your symptoms match. I get these and was pretty shocked it was a "migraine ", it feels like having a stroke but without the brain damage. Parts of my body go numb and my vision does weird things. And I don't usually get bad headaches anymore which is why the 'migraine' part was weird, because migraines I had in the past always meant excruciating pain. I hope you feel better soon, I totally understand the frustration and just wanting to get help and feel better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
13,065 posts, read 9,677,021 times
Reputation: 18510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
For over two years now I have suffered from an issue Doctors haven't been able to figure out. I feel very numb all over my body, and my vision is really messed up. When I say look into the sky, I see what looks like snow falling to the ground, I have completely lost peripheral vision, as in if I look at something splitscreen it bothers me and I can only view one side or the other. Seeing in the dark is much harder now. One very weird oddity is that if I am watching a video on my TV or computer if there is any kind of flashing on the screen I feel a strange throbbing in my head, it doesn't hurt at all and as soon as the flashing stops the throbbing feeling immediately stops.

I have had a CT scan of my brain, two MRIs of my brain, and all have came back fine. I find it hard to concentrate and really bothers me. I have also gone to the eye doctor and paid extra for some ultra high-res scans of my eye balls and they say they are fine.

I am very frustrated. My current doctor even said she doesn't know what it could be that I may just have to live with it but it affects my quality of life huge.

It's not so horribly bad that posting something like this is an issue, but I always realize something is wrong just by looking around and it's frustrating I can't find a doctor that knows what this is.

EDIT: I have also been to a neurologist and he just dismissed it saying "All of your brain scans came back fine". No help at all.
Have you had a good eye test... they find things far quicker than doctors with all the new equipment now available one is for peripheral vision... I hope you find answers...........yes my own MCS has been ignored since I was a teenager, no doctor will even try and help and most over the years have pretended not to know what I have at all.. even though its all over the internet and millions of people suffer from Environmental illness..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Santa Monica, CA
8,296 posts, read 2,724,880 times
Reputation: 6330
MS can hit people in many ways. That was my first thought but it would not hurt to check out that possibility. My sister was hit with a disorder in her early 20's and they didn't know what it was and one doc said Maybe MS...but then she went on to do a long "stressful" profession and it really reared it's ugly head about 20 yrs or so later. She fought the battle, but lost it at 68.

You didn't mention your age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 12:55 PM
 
Location: equator
1,531 posts, read 550,464 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat5e View Post
Obviously I have no way of knowing if this is what you are experiencing, but ask your dr about COMPLEX migraines. At least some of your symptoms match. I get these and was pretty shocked it was a "migraine ", it feels like having a stroke but without the brain damage. Parts of my body go numb and my vision does weird things. And I don't usually get bad headaches anymore which is why the 'migraine' part was weird, because migraines I had in the past always meant excruciating pain. I hope you feel better soon, I totally understand the frustration and just wanting to get help and feel better

My husband gets this also---migraines with no pain, just visual disturbances.


I am sorry you are having this OP. Scary to have no answers. I can relate as after a lifetime of physical jobs and hobbies, my quads keep weakening. No answers there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, CA
8,296 posts, read 2,724,880 times
Reputation: 6330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
My husband gets this also---migraines with no pain, just visual disturbances.


I am sorry you are having this OP. Scary to have no answers. I can relate as after a lifetime of physical jobs and hobbies, my quads keep weakening. No answers there either.
My quads got so weak after months in rehabs and got a LOT of PT work and do some of the PT work at home and I've done a good job of strengthening the quads..they are important to stand good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 PM
 
14,004 posts, read 27,538,155 times
Reputation: 15498
It does sound like it could be multiple sclerosis. Vision problems and numbness/tingling are some of the first symptoms. Maybe get tested for that.

Other ideas - is there anything in your environment that you are being exposed to like toxic mold, formaldehyde or other chemicals/poisons? These can cause issues.

Good luck, OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top