U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:57 PM

8,281 posts, read 2,720,589 times

Advertisements

Until any of YOU try PRP and Stem Cells you cannot say if they work or not. Some of helped me and are helping my friends. The above poster talks about 25 yrs working with a Van Nuys doctor.

I just know I live with enough complications from hip replacement so if you have not been there and not experienced personally, you do not know.

If there are other options THAT CAN WORK besides cutting the body I'm all for that. Now if only insurance world stepped up for many who cannot afford these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 04:59 PM

21,091 posts, read 13,935,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Until any of YOU try PRP and Stem Cells you cannot say if they work or not. Some of helped me and are helping my friends. The above poster talks about 25 yrs working with a Van Nuys doctor.

I just know I live with enough complications from hip replacement so if you have not been there and not experienced personally, you do not know.
Great it worked for you and your friends.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 08-29-2017, 09:01 PM

20,011 posts, read 7,972,802 times
I go to Kaiser, there is no financial incentive for them to do a total knee replacement on me, if you understand their business model you would know what I mean. A few months ago I asked my PCP and a Kaiser orthopedic doc about stem cell & other alternative treatments for osteoarthritis in my knees, they both said there is no evidence that any of them work. They both encouraged me to stick with the cortisone injections and continue physical therapy until I get to the point where I am too miserable to perform daily activities at which time they will do a total knee replacement on both knees at the same time. I've gotten by pretty well so far by trusting my doctors so that's what I'm going to continue to do.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:45 AM

65,018 posts, read 72,711,274 times
Quote:

If there are other options THAT CAN WORK besides cutting the body I'm all for that. Now if only insurance world stepped up for many who cannot afford these.
well this is your opinion and we are all entitled to opinions, but my friend, who had stem cell treatments just called to let me know, she is having knee replacement in six weeks. Yes, some treatments work for one and not another person, but overall it still seems the traditional, standard treatments work the best for the majority of people. Anyone can have a bad experience with surgery like you had, but overall this is not the case.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:01 PM

1,530 posts, read 548,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, didn't do anything.

Me too. Many thousands of dollars later----no results on the PRP. Not for my husband's chronic jaw pain either.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Me too. Many thousands of dollars later----no results on the PRP. Not for my husband's chronic jaw pain either.
Did your husband end up with jaw surgery? That's pretty drastic if so.

I've heard people report even if they get 20-30% relief, it's better than a major surgery and then see which complications one ends up with. I have talked to enough with both hip and knee replacements and they deal with complications of one kind of other.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:46 PM

Here is a "partial" list of providers across the U.S. and other countries. I say partial as I know 2 other providers in So. Cal and they are not on the list.

Could work and save a big surgery and hard rehab and one just walks out...often it takes 1-4 injections for results. No guarantees but it does work for many or why would so many MD's be partaking in this work.

Find Regenerative Medicine Doctors - GetProlo.com

Old 09-10-2017, 07:58 PM

20,011 posts, read 7,972,802 times
Quote:
No guarantees but it does work for many or why would so many MD's be partaking in this work.
They do it for the money, that's why. $400-$1000 for giving you an injection of sugar water's not bad at all

Old 09-10-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They do it for the money, that's why. $400-$1000 for giving you an injection of sugar water's not bad at all
PRP are platelets from one's own blood.

Stem Cells are from one's own bone marrow.

The dextrose (sugar water) runs about $200.

I don't believe they do it For Just The Money, they do it for the results as so many have done failed and problem surgeries that they want to offer other options to their patients.

Gotta think out of the conventional box .... so many here just don't want to do that.

But I guess it's OK for the MD's to give the HA injections that hardly work and can bill insurance and medicare $1000's for each session? That's OK, I've been that route two times and insurance got a big hit. And I had some copays after. And they did NOT give me any relief.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-10-2017 at 08:27 PM..

Old 09-10-2017, 10:11 PM

PRP Injections - Why Not covered by insurance.

https://drprpusa.com/prp-injection-i...o-do-about-it/

I believe IF given enough injections PRP can really do a good job, so good that it could cut out many of the surgeries done today at the HIGH COSTS of these surgeries, patient downtime, hospitals, rehabs etc etc etc. Makes a lot of sense in my mind. Many could be losing money from all the surgeries.

The last paragraph of the link talks about Emory Univ assisting patients to get these PRP injections who cannot afford to do them.

It's all a scheme to keep surgeries alive and continuing on.

Thinking about this more and it's not new thinking for me, the cost of PRP and Stem Cells are Peanuts compared to the costs of surgeries, hospitals, rehabs, patients downtime. The doctors make far far more thousands on the joint surgeries as do the all those associated with these surgeries and IF insurance paid for PRP/Stem Cells doctors would lose so much money. It's just that people need to get more than 1 injection and they are scared off by prices. I'm one of those who can't come up with the money for my foot and lower back.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-10-2017 at 11:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness