U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 02:17 PM

7,421 posts, read 2,341,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
But it's OK for the "Fring" insurance to pay for HA injections that hardly work, they worked for me on two occasions and that cortisone injections can or can't work for a short time and do break down cartlidge even more. These two alone costs insurance providers thousands also. Keep ignoring this one.
Oh I meant to say they DIDN'T work for me. On two different occasions a few yrs apart.

These cost insurance company $1000's...for injections that don't work for most..and I've read that too about HA injections and this info is posted in a link here too.

I'll mention it again, as it gets ignored by those against these injections, if insurance opted in to pay for them, they could put surgeons out of some of their surgery profits. Big money in surgery overall. Yes, hard work but not always great outcomes...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-13-2017 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 04:21 PM

3,777 posts, read 9,491,293 times
Quote:
Oh I meant to say they DIDN'T work for me. On two different occasions a few yrs apart.

These cost insurance company $1000's...for injections that don't work for most..and I've read that too about HA injections and this info is posted in a link here too.

I'll mention it again, as it gets ignored by those against these injections, if insurance opted in to pay for them, they could put surgeons out of some of their surgery profits. Big money in surgery overall. Yes, hard work but not always great outcomes...
Nope....no chance of PRP putting surgeons out of work....see the injections would have to ACTUALLY WORK for that to happen..

But since they don't......no worries...

Old 09-13-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Nope....no chance of PRP putting surgeons out of work....see the injections would have to ACTUALLY WORK for that to happen..

But since they don't......no worries...
I beg your pardon, I didn't say "put surgeons out of work"...I said cut some profits from these surgeries...

There you go again, putting your words in my posts.

THe majority of hip, knee and shoulder replacements are ELECTIVE on the part of the patient. The Elect to do them. Surgeon suggests them, patient makes the decision. There will always be a place for surgeons as accidents etc happen every minute.

Tell me, you are in the ortho business, right, I guess you will say all your people who get HA do great right?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-13-2017 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 05:10 PM

19,177 posts, read 7,538,323 times
Quote:
I beg your pardon, I didn't say "put surgeons out of work"...I said cut some profits from these surgeries... There you go again, putting your words in my posts.
Tell me, you are in the ortho business, right, I guess you will say all your people who get HA do great right?
I have had joint problems for over 30 years, I've had three joint surgeries but I have never had an Orthopedic surgeon suggest surgery when there is an available non-surgical treatment.

You constantly claim that doctors avoid these "alternative therapies" because they can make more money in the OR, but have you ever done the math? The doctors running those quack websites are making a ton without ever walking into the OR, just think about it - 20 patients a day getting useless injections 5 days a week for what, $400 a shot? That's $2,080,000 a year with virtually no overhead.

If you are interested in non surgical interventions why not do some research on legitimate therapies, see what the big teaching hospitals are researching or currently offering to patients instead of following the blogs of internet snake oil salesmen?

Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/clinics/c...ration_center/

https://www.pennmedicine.org/for-pat...rtilage-center

Old 09-13-2017, 06:28 PM

Oh, please I've had one hip replacement. And was left a mess on the whole right side of my body...right knee worse, right ankle worse...body out of alignment from the changing of the HIP.

I have a cousin back east who is probably 10 yrs older than me, she's had both hips replaced, both knees and one shoulder the last time we talked about 10 yrs ago. She started electing these replacement at 65 when her medicare kicked in. How she's doing now, I don't know...I'm WC, she's EC and phones over the years have changed...we have lost contact.

I've been working with OA when it first hip my body starting at 18 and I'm 79. I know OA and all the options out there for as best relief as we can try.

I've tried them all and dread and fear another replacement surgery. I'm walking now, not great, but how will my knee turn out? Don't know until it's done...Right.

I looked at your links you posted and it's all regenerative work as is PRP and Stem Cells...one of your links talks stem cells. One link said it doesn't address OA. The other one has a lot of various types....I can't travel all over the U.S. to go to these places.

You've had joint surgeries you say, does that mean replacements?

The knee issue and hospital/rehabs I just came out of they did a joint surgery before putting me on 2 months of abx drugs and it was called "cleaning out" and I don't know if it helped or made it worse. My knee is swollen and very stiff.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Oh, please I've had one hip replacement. And was left a mess on the whole right side of my body...right knee worse, right ankle worse...body out of alignment from the changing of the HIP.

I have a cousin back east who is probably 10 yrs older than me, she's had both hips replaced, both knees and one shoulder the last time we talked about 10 yrs ago. She started electing these replacement at 65 when her medicare kicked in. How she's doing now, I don't know...I'm WC, she's EC and phones over the years have changed...we have lost contact.

I've been working with OA when it first hip my body starting at 18 and I'm 79. I know OA and all the options out there for as best relief as we can try.

I've tried them all and dread and fear another replacement surgery. I'm walking now, not great, but how will my knee turn out? Don't know until it's done...Right.

I looked at your links you posted and it's all regenerative work as is PRP and Stem Cells...one of your links talks stem cells. One link said it doesn't address OA. The other one has a lot of various types....I can't travel all over the U.S. to go to these places.

You've had joint surgeries you say, does that mean replacements?

The knee issue and hospital/rehabs I just came out of they did a joint surgery before putting me on 2 months of abx drugs and it was called "cleaning out" and I don't know if it helped or made it worse. My knee is swollen and very stiff.
no, not joint replacements. And those sites are not selling PRP or stem cell injections. It's your Dr. Darrow who does that. Here's an article you might find interesting:
Stem Cell | American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons

Old 09-13-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
no, not joint replacements. And those sites are not selling PRP or stem cell injections. It's your Dr. Darrow who does that. Here's an article you might find interesting:
Stem Cell | American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
The site you post is put out by Surgeons. What else will they say?

Did you look at getprolo.com

It's not just "my" Dr. Darrow...there are hundreds of MD's and OD's across the U.S. who do this Regenerative Work called PRP and Stem Cells. There are a very large number who do this work in CA. Up and down the coast. As far as selling PRP and Stem Cells, it's all about attempting to save people from surgeries that are so iffy. I live with a lot of nerve damage on right thigh too from hip replacement, so this complicates the knee also. The Doctors who have done prolo on me are Dr. John Chang, Dr. Smita Gupta and Dr. Adam Silver...Dr. Darrow hasn't seen me yet.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Did you look at getprolo.com

It's not just "my" Dr. Darrow...there are hundreds of MD's and OD's across the U.S. who do this Regenerative Work called PRP and Stem Cells. There are a very large number who do this work in CA. Up and down the coast. As far as selling PRP and Stem Cells, it's all about attempting to save people from surgeries that are so iffy. I live with a lot of nerve damage on right thigh too from hip replacement, so this complicates the knee also. The Doctors who have done prolo on me are Dr. John Chang, Dr. Smita Gupta and Dr. Adam Silver...Dr. Darrow hasn't seen me yet.
Please read the information in the link that I posted. But if you really thing those are effective therapies, by all means ty them and let us know if they help.

I will pass because there's a reason insurance doesn't cover those treatments and I can guarantee you if there was evidence that they worked they would pay for them so that patients could avoid surgery.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Please read the information in the link that I posted. But if you really thing those are effective therapies, by all means ty them and let us know if they help.

I will pass because there's a reason insurance doesn't cover those treatments and I can guarantee you if there was evidence that they worked they would pay for them so that patients could avoid surgery.
And I have my thoughts on why insurance won't cover regenerative protocols like PRP and Stem Cells...I'll eventually do something, I think.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:37 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,673,022 times
Often (or sometimes) insurance will not cover procedures which would lessen the pool of patients and monetary income for certain physician specialties.

For example, virtual colonoscopies are not covered by insurance (the last time I checked) because doctors who do colonoscopies would lose a lot of patients and a lot of monetary income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness