U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 05:57 AM

7,257 posts, read 3,138,206 times

Advertisements

Can't believe how congested my chest was. Starting to be able to breathe normal again. Throat still irritated, but think it's from congestion from the nose area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 12:47 PM

So Monday was the last day of the Z-pack. Came home Monday eves ear's hurt and inflamed. Low grade fever and still sore throat. Doc was closed so went to the UC third time had a sinus infection and ear infection. They gave me augmentin and encouraged to keep using Sudafed. Kind of Leary to keep using Sudafed used it maybe 15 out of 25 days. Hoping by tomorrow can run and get ready for my physical exam Sunday.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:48 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,837,642 times
When I was working I used to get severe sore throats (infections) with strong cough which lasted 3 weeks. The throat was very on fire and painful. The only thing that worked to stop the sore throat & infection was taking antibiotics.

Doctors these days, though, are reluctant to prescribe antibiotics. (because world-wide the effectiveness of some antibiotics has been lessened due to over-prescribing, they say) The doctors also say that antibiotics work only in the case of bacterial infections (or is it in the case of only viruses?) - I can't remember which.

Though antibiotics always worked for me even though my severe sore throats were actually of the other type for which antibiotics are not supposed to be effective.

Since I stopped working 8 years ago, I haven't had even one of these episodes. My experience over years with the severe sore throats told me that antibiotics worked to stop them.

Last edited by matisse12; 09-13-2017 at 03:56 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 05:03 PM

I wanted the Augmentin in the beginning would of resolved it quicker I felt. Had positive experience in the past with Augmentin. I know my body. Happy on the Augmentin. Worried may need a second dose due to the duration of the sickness. Still feel exhausted. The antibiotic giving me muscle aches. I did do an hour at the gym, but rested today. Thinking may rest till Saturday. Probably do push ups tomorrow and then a double Friday. Off Saturday so can rest then, but probably do a 3 mile run to stretch my legs for Sunday.

A lot coming up more than with the Z-Pack. The swelling in the back of my neck is decreasing. If not feeling 100% by Tuesday will probably get in touch with my PCP see if he wants to do another round of antibiotics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness