U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:58 AM

6,682 posts, read 11,111,199 times

Advertisements

I saw this last night, has anyone else seen it?

I'm not sure what to think... legit or just vegan propaganda?

How much of this is really true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 10:18 AM

7,100 posts, read 2,225,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

Do you have a link for us to look at?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:41 AM

4,394 posts, read 5,402,430 times
I think there is probably some truth to it, but I also think it is a lot of pro-vegan propaganda. Yes, we should all eat more vegetables and fruit. But just being vegan is not necessarily healthy. French fries are vegan. Many of the vegan products are just a load of chemicals made to look and taste like meat. Honestly, I think just eating meat is probably healthier than these franken-foods.

I think our entire food supply just needs to be cleaned up. I don't think there is anything wrong with meat. But I do think there is something wrong with meat leaded with antibiotics, and injected with a bunch of crap to make it look better and last longer. Just like I think there is nothing wrong with tomatoes. But I do think there is something wrong with tomatoes that are picked when they're still green, artificially preserved, and then injected with chemicals to make them look and taste ripe. If you've ever had a tomato that was grown with natural seeds and no chemicals, they taste nothing like the tomatoes you buy at the grocery store.

I don't think meat is the problem. I have personally greatly improved an autoimmune disease with a basically Paleo diet. True, I eat a lot of vegetables, but I also eat a ton of meat. But I make sure it's grass-fed, pastured, and organic as much as possible. Veggies are organic as much as possible. I buy from small local farmers. As a side effect, I've also lost weight, and my cholesterol has gone down and is now ideal. According to this film, a meat-heavy diet will cause that number to go up. Not true.

I think everyone should aim to just eat real food, not processed crap.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:41 AM

9,432 posts, read 6,642,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Do you have a link for us to look at?
What the Health (2017) - IMDb

Old 09-06-2017, 11:25 AM

2,226 posts, read 4,374,303 times
Quote:

It has been thoroughly been debunked. Even some prominent YouTube vegans thinks it's garbage.

Yes, there are bad practices. But do you think this guy was going to show you the good practices?

And there is no health reason to be a vegan. None. Nada.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:28 AM

7,100 posts, read 2,225,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
It has been thoroughly been debunked. Even some prominent YouTube vegans thinks it's garbage.

Yes, there are bad practices. But do you think this guy was going to show you the good practices?

And there is no health reason to be a vegan. None. Nada.
I agree and hope my grandgirl in her 3rd yr of college is keeping her health up. So much peer pressure when one spreads their wings.

I have a 90 yr old neighbor friend who claims to be vegan and she's a bag of bones and as we age we need more fat on us... She's fallen a couple times in recent years and ended up with fractures.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-06-2017 at 12:52 PM..

Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 PM

13,524 posts, read 16,803,642 times
It's definitely propaganda.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:53 PM

18,761 posts, read 49,046,044 times
It's for compassion for animals that most choose vegan.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:03 AM

70 posts, read 11,758 times
The issue is the suffering of animals. Of course, if you don't care about that, there's little more to be said.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:13 AM

4,101 posts, read 3,757,977 times
Quote:

Is that the one where eating meat magically causes all kinds of health ailments like diabetes and cancer?

Because my coworker wanted to know why diabetes is so prevalent in countries where many people are vegetarian and do not eat tons of animal products. (Like her home country.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness