U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

7,046 posts, read 2,196,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I知 into lightroom and photoshop, I also read, and watch many how to videos. Many times I知 in the garage waxing a car getting it ready for a show. I may watch a film or wash dishes. Many times I walk the neighborhood at night. Time just fly's by during the night, and I知 usually surprised that the sun is already coming up.
I suspect you live alone and no other human being to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

1,551 posts, read 930,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I suspect you live alone and no other human being to think about.
Ha, don稚 tell that to my wife of 54 years, she loves to sleep 10 hours a night.

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

24 posts, read 7,345 times
Throughout my erratic career (rotating shifts, double shifts, etc), I probably averaged between 5-6 hours of sleep. Been retired for a little under two years, and find myself sleeping in the 6-7 hour range. No naps (yet).

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

7,046 posts, read 2,196,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Ha, don稚 tell that to my wife of 54 years, she loves to sleep 10 hours a night.
Ohhhhhhhh!!

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

2,549 posts, read 1,615,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

I sleep a good 8-9 hours a night. Most would agree that if you REGULARLY sleep 10 hours a night you might want to get checked out. Do you still feel tired after this amount of sleep? Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you have trouble getting up? Are you depressed? Getting a physical might be revealing.
Why do you believe the above?

Casting a pejorative stance on 10-hour sleepers is wrong. Sleep your 9 hours, and let 10 hour sleepers do what feels best to them.

Why do you think it is necessary to have such a strict unwavering standard without deviation?

(and your 9 hours is not that much less than 10 hours!)

Disapproval and completely unnecessary judgments over other people's sleeping length is unnecessary. And people used to be told 10 hours of sleep is positive and the goal years ago.

And having various medical conditions in one's older years can make more sleep soothing to the body and its maladies.

Last edited by matisse12; Yesterday at 04:11 PM..

Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

715 posts, read 211,134 times
I sleep from about 21:00-05:00 with about 90% efficiency - 7-8 hrs of sleep per night has been suiting me perfectly since I was about 13

I can't speak for other people, but I almost always wake up and go to bed at the same time each day (and in case I don't, I still have an 05:30 alarm set on days off) just to keep my routine consistent. I just won't allow myself to sleep in too much, and I'm kind of a party pooper sometimes, just leaving between 20-21 so I can get up at the same time and feel rested.

If I go to bed before 20:00, I end up just sitting there, getting frustrated because I'm not sleeping, and end up sleeping less than if I go to bed at 21:00 as normal.

I've never needed the amount of sleep people say people my age "needed" - in late elementary and early middle school, I'd get by fine on eight hours a night even though they said we needed 9-12. In high school 7-8 was what I needed, instead of 8-10; now I still need about seven hours, and getting nine would be a heck of a lot of sleep.

Last edited by YITYNR; Yesterday at 03:22 PM.. Reason: expand

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

2,549 posts, read 1,615,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post

I'm kind of a party pooper sometimes, just leaving between 20-21 so I can get up at the same time and feel rested.

Why do you feel it necessary to ALWAYS get up at 5am, even when like above you are leaving people or events early, as you describe above?

just for very strict consistency? just curious.

(you don't say whether working factors into this habit and whether you are going to work at a certain time)

Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM

715 posts, read 211,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Why do you feel it necessary to ALWAYS get up at 5am, even when like above you are leaving people or events early, as you describe above?

just for very strict consistency? just curious.

(you don't say whether working factors into this habit and whether you are going to work at a certain time)
I get up for work at 05:00 (work starts at 07:00) and I've read it's good for you to get up and go to bed at around the same time so as not to throw off your biological clock. And besides, being asleep during the middle of the day just seems like a waste to me, unless you work third shift or otherwise have to.

Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

2,215 posts, read 2,267,346 times
I usually do better with 9 hours of sleep or more each night. When I get 6 or 7 hours, it is simply not enough for me.

Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM

6,357 posts, read 1,488,226 times
I couldn't sleep 10 hours even if I tried! In my 20's probably, but I worked a lot and went out a lot with friends so 8 hours was probably the norm. In my 30's I had the kiddos, so not much sleep there. In my 40's I get about 6.5 and I'm good with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness