U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 11:12 AM

8,315 posts, read 2,730,402 times

Advertisements

FYI: There are two threads in Alt Med on the MTFHR gene mutation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 12:19 PM

10,539 posts, read 17,846,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Now as I know it, A/D drugs are mainstream so I hope this is OK here....my mind says it is.

https://jonbarron.org/depression/ris...epressant-use#

I've had two bouts of depression, 10 yrs from 1991 to 2002 and it was thyroid that was crying for HELP.
After years of "doctor shopping" I hit a smart doctor, the doctor who worked on my back for years. Imagine that, a doctor who knew more than the back issues.

Then in 2006, a lowness hit me and it was Vit D deficiency.

As the article says, we all have ups and downs and I've had my share and live thru some right now.

It's like we're a country of despondent people.
Wow...my doctor really is good. I went in several years ago for a physical and as we were talking he asked me if I was tired. I replied I have all the symptoms of depression, except depression.

He said...that's a blood test.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism two days later.

He noticed my skin....

Old 09-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Wow...my doctor really is good. I went in several years ago for a physical and as we were talking he asked me if I was tired. I replied I have all the symptoms of depression, except depression.

He said...that's a blood test.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism two days later.

He noticed my skin....
Well, good, a doctor who saw a symptom. All the ones I saw endos etc lived by the numbers. Back in 1991 and having the depression, I KNEW nothing about thyroid and believed the doctors would help me. Yeah, kept writing A/D drugs.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:03 PM

3,866 posts, read 9,613,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No, but there is a company called Nutri Meds and they sell thyroid and adrenal supps but I was fortunate to have the doc in my life when I did.
So which is it? Are you taking Naturethroid as you stated in post above which is a PRESCRIPTION medication not available at Nutri Meds or are you taking a "supplement" from Nutri Med?

Old 09-09-2017, 08:10 PM

3,866 posts, read 9,613,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Prescribing pills is not a biological treatment. It is not a treatment at all. It is using drugs to dull symptoms.

The idea of dulling symptoms with drugs has become very widespread in our medical system. It is very common for doctors to not even think about trying to find a cause. Their first idea is drug.

Sorry you haven't noticed this, but it is extremely obvious.

Talk therapy might help in some cases, but I doubt it is a general answer to psychiatric disorders. Schizophrenia is probably not environmental, and is probably not social either. It occurs at about the same rate in all cultures.

Some people, including me, think schizophrenia results from excessive spiritual openness, which was valued in primitive and ancient societies. Schizophrenics can learn to use their "gifts" to access the spirit world.

Now, of course, medical science has decided all ancient wisdom is superstition, and they know better.

Anyway, mental illness has many possible causes, and our modern psychiatry is pretty much useless for any of it.

Psychiatric drugs do help some people, but probably cause more harm long-term.
What an incredible load of BS.....

Medical science has decided ancient wisdom is superstition....have you ever actually talked to a schizophrenic ?

Mental health may not be my specialty but I spent time on a psych ward during my training and have seen many schizophrenics in the ED over the years....there is "no accessing of the spirit world" when an otherwise normal appearing 25 yo young woman tells you she is the mistress of the President and CIA is out to kill her (an actual interaction I have had)

Schizophrenia isn't a "gift" its a curse...ask any family who has seen a loved one lost to this disorder...

A "gift"?????? Wow....

Modern psychiatry may not have "all the answers" but certainly more answers than YOU possess CLEARLY

Old 09-09-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So which is it? Are you taking Naturethroid as you stated in post above which is a PRESCRIPTION medication not available at Nutri Meds or are you taking a "supplement" from Nutri Med?
Oh please, I take NT, and was telling one member about Nutri Meds and she reported she's used them already. Do you REALLY read the threads or just jump in? And why does what I do bother you?

Old 09-10-2017, 07:58 AM

2,199 posts, read 2,367,452 times
I am forever grateful for anti depressant medication. For all the bad publicity they get I am a happy and content guy as long as I take my medication every day. No side effects, no down side. Every single time I have discontinued them I have become irritable, short tempered and sluggish. Never again. For me they are a godsend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness