U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 06:40 PM

3,981 posts, read 5,090,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
That is why a modified paleo diet is a good choice for those to lose weight. You can substitute oats for any wheat and also be satiated, as modern wheat does the majority of the populace no good at all in terms of deleterious health implications. I have to be gluten-free, but also discovered the modified paleo diet and it also works great in combination with the former.
Jesus Granite give it a rest already. We know the great modern wheat scourge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 04:48 AM

13,067 posts, read 9,685,311 times
Has anyone noticed they get bloated in hot weather... I feel and think I look fatter when its hot.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:38 PM

19,341 posts, read 32,195,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Jesus Granite give it a rest already. We know the great modern wheat scourge.
Apparently many people agree with me as I've gotten numerous reputation points for my posts on this topic. Also, I have a fairly substantial sample size of people I know directly and indirectly that have certainly lost a good deal of weight by giving up all wheat. I think there is a strong correlation there that you're not willing to admit at this point.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:10 AM

30,889 posts, read 35,040,394 times
I read the book Wheat Belly a few years ago,gave up all foods derived from wheat,unfortunately i still have the belly.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:13 AM

6,155 posts, read 16,964,257 times
I was recently diagnosed with heart failure going through a coronary bypass surgery. Bloat can also be a symptom of fluid on your lungs. If you have any shortness of breath, get checked out.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:48 AM

808 posts, read 311,864 times
You can pay someone to do it for you...tummy stapling or pills, buy a book or surf the web for the latest diet, or even watch your calorie intake.

But the truth of the matter is, even with the proper food and calorie intake, even if it's only your stomach that shows and feels the weight, you and everyone else on this planet needs to exercise them abs.

Burn all the calories calories you want by walking or jogging, the stomach is the last to go, and that's where most or all of the digestive problems emulate from.

A nurse-practitioner told me I had to lose my gut for some of the same reasons mentioned above.

I told her it wasn't that bad, to which she replied that even however little the fat stuck out, the fat was pretty much sticking in the same amount on the inside*...in one way, shape, or form, it was adding pressure to the inside of the stomach.

*True or not...gotta work them abs bayyybayy and you will see and feel the difference.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:30 AM

1,767 posts, read 546,824 times
There are 2 layers of fat, the fluffy kind, and the sub ? Fat.

Bloating could be from acid reflux, gerd. Force a few good burps, would clear out the air in your stomache.

That beer belly will be hard to get rid of. Excercise and watching what you eat are keys to sucess.

Kill the white starches and sugar . Do some hula hoops to build the obliques and turn that belly into a diamond shape. But doo something, 30 minutes every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness