U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 02:44 PM

1,549 posts, read 378,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Do you have a source to back up your claim that male nurses from this hospital are fired for doing the same as female nurses?
No. I was speaking in general terms. Male medical staff that are inappropriate with female patients is far less tolerated than female medical staff that are inappropriate with male patients. Part of the issue is female patients complain much more forcefully than male patients. Part is the general societal norm that is more protective of women than men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 03:27 PM

14,027 posts, read 16,985,949 times
Note to self:
"Write in your will to cut it off and put it in a jar, before I get sent to the morgue"

Old 09-11-2017, 04:12 PM

581 posts, read 359,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Start with this thread about the nurses in Denver. Last year I think it was there was the female nurse in NY who gave up her license rather than be prosecuted for taking penis photos of patients and passing them around. There was the female ENT doctor in New Mexico who surprisingly was neither fired nor lost her license for fondling male patients during surgery. It went on for years with her all-female OR team thinking it was funny until one day one of the nurses turned her in. She was put on probation for a couple years is all. There have been many many reports of nurses gathering around to see the well endowed guys. Then there was the OR nurse who told me literally moments before I was put under that she looked forward to seeing the goods. I was out before I could respond. They may be a minority of the nurse population but they are out there.
Do you have a link about the female ENT doctor?

Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 PM

1,549 posts, read 378,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
https://www.outpatientsurgery.net/re...e_1001_ent.pdf

Old 09-11-2017, 04:38 PM

664 posts, read 152,008 times
Quote:
No. I was speaking in general terms. Male medical staff that are inappropriate with female patients is far less tolerated than female medical staff that are inappropriate with male patients. Part of the issue is female patients complain much more forcefully than male patients. Part is the general societal norm that is more protective of women than men.
I agree with this, and I'm a female.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I doubt the dead guy cares......it's more troubling to know that pelvic exams are being performed by students while the [live] unconcious patient (who was never informed or asked about it) has no idea about it.
For that purpose (teaching) it's ok I guess...and never talked about.
I find it weird that the dead guys thoughts or emotions or anything else are even a consideration....believe me...he/she DON'T CARE ONE BIT.
That's a disturbing comment in itself.

People who work in hospitals, morgues, etcetera, have an ethical obligation to handle a dead body with care and dignity. It's called being "professional". Ever heard of it?

Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 PM

13,016 posts, read 8,214,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post

See: Doctor accused of inappropriate exam behavior to return to practice, with conditions [Archive] - WWW.NURSE-ANESTHESIA.ORG

and: Patient Modesty Solutions:

and: http://[domain blocked due to spam]/city/silver-city-nm/T10BL858KJR0AC9U4/re-dr-twana-sparks

Interestingly men apparently aren't Dr. Sparks "thing"; which makes one wonder why she would have been so bent on conducting these so called *exams*.
http://www.14words.net/2012/07/lesbi...-patients.html

also: Pediatric examination standards I don't understand - pg.4 | allnurses

Last edited by BugsyPal; 09-11-2017 at 04:55 PM..

Old 09-11-2017, 04:44 PM

11,363 posts, read 12,860,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
That's a disturbing comment in itself.

People who work in hospitals, morgues, etcetera, have an ethical obligation to handle a dead body with care and dignity. It's called being "professional". Ever heard of it?
I have...have you???

Old 09-11-2017, 04:47 PM

11,363 posts, read 12,860,745 times
Quote:
I agree that pelvic exams without specific consent is very very wrong. Yes students need to learn but get consent first. Some will say yes, some will say no. Women do not go to the hospital to be used that way without their permission.

No the dead guy doesn't care, though they did start the peep show before he died. Perhaps his family cares that he was treated that way. Perhaps not. Regardless, nobody goes to the hospital to become part of a peep show. Opening the body bag was just plain sick and beyond any measure of human decency.
True, they don't go to be used..neither do men....but they DO get used..with or without their permission...it DOES happen..a LOT!!!They're unconcious and never know.

It was wrong what they did.(the hospital workers)....it shows a high level of immaturity for sure...quite pathetic, but then most humans (in my opinion) are.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Right, and those people need to be stripped of their medical licenses. They shouldn't be working in healthcare, not even as a hospital janitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness