Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:50 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times

Advertisements

Hi, so saw my PCP last week they gave me a mix of meds, but no antibiotics. Said didn't have an infection. Started to feel better a few days later. I rested for about 6 days. 7th day walked a little and 8th day did some more walking. 9th day ran, 10th day ran, 11th day ran, 12th day rested, and 13th day ran. Sore throat symptoms dissipated about 9 days in and came back 3 days later. Weather has been hot cold hot cold. Mix of rain as well. So weather probably isn't helping much.

A lot of it appears to be post nasal trip aggravating my throat now. I been taking Alla Seltzer Cold at night, use an inhaler 2wice a day to open the airways up, 2 Sudafed 12 hours the last 3 days, Zyrtec, 6 Advil a day, and hot toddy's at night. Plus started to use nasal spray today as well.

I can't really rest any more. With work and training for a physical exam in 2 week's. Planning this week to do a 6 mile run today. Gym tomorrow and maybe run 3 miles tomorrow. Gym and 3 mile run Thursday. Run 3 Miles Friday. Gym Saturday. Did 4 miles yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 08:05 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,478,655 times
When I have a post nasal drip due to allergies, I just take a CHILDREN's Benadryl. It is just the right amount to dry up the nose without having a lot of rebound problems or sleepiness.

You seem to be taking a whole lot of medicine which could be causing other issues and rebound syndrome.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Do you eat dairy or sugar? I'd avoid those. Also, maybe you developed a new food allergy.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:54 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I was the sore throat queen all my life before I found Pycnogenol and then grape seed extract and NO MORE SORE THROATS. You sure do push your body in my opinion, maybe more than it can do...body breaks down too.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:40 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hi, so saw my PCP last week they gave me a mix of meds, but no antibiotics. Said didn't have an infection. Started to feel better a few days later. I rested for about 6 days. 7th day walked a little and 8th day did some more walking. 9th day ran, 10th day ran, 11th day ran, 12th day rested, and 13th day ran. Sore throat symptoms dissipated about 9 days in and came back 3 days later. Weather has been hot cold hot cold. Mix of rain as well. So weather probably isn't helping much.

A lot of it appears to be post nasal trip aggravating my throat now. I been taking Alla Seltzer Cold at night, use an inhaler 2wice a day to open the airways up, 2 Sudafed 12 hours the last 3 days, Zyrtec, 6 Advil a day, and hot toddy's at night. Plus started to use nasal spray today as well.

I can't really rest any more. With work and training for a physical exam in 2 week's. Planning this week to do a 6 mile run today. Gym tomorrow and maybe run 3 miles tomorrow. Gym and 3 mile run Thursday. Run 3 Miles Friday. Gym Saturday. Did 4 miles yesterday.
You are run down and your body is trying to tell you so. I'm sorry, OP but you need to rest or you are in for worse problems.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:11 AM

So trying to ween off the Sudafed taking it every other day to avoid rebound effect. Sore Throat is manageable. Just a lot of nasal/chest congestion and ear pain. Been drinking 2wice a day ginger, cinnamon, lemon, and honey concoction. Also now taking a multi vitamin, c vitamin, zinc vitamin, turmeric, and a d vitamin. Also still taking Zrytec. 4 Advils a day. Broke down bought a humidifier going to use it tonight so hopefully this helps.

Though I think it's going to an infection level. Phelm is starting to become green. I really believe I had bronchitis. Because it started out as a deep crackling cough. Then that led to throat irritation. Then a chest cold. Then subsided 8 days later. Then few days later till the weather became wet and cold then worked it's way upwards. Going to the walk in clinic today.

Last edited by RunD1987; 09-07-2017 at 07:29 AM..

Old 09-07-2017, 08:09 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
[quote=RunD1987;49444877]So trying to ween off the Sudafed taking it every other day to avoid rebound effect. Sore Throat is manageable. Just a lot of nasal/chest congestion and ear pain. Been drinking 2wice a day ginger, cinnamon, lemon, and honey concoction. Also now taking a multi vitamin, c vitamin, zinc vitamin, turmeric, and a d vitamin. Also still taking Zrytec. 4 Advils a day. Broke down bought a humidifier going to use it tonight so hopefully this helps.

Though I think it's going to an infection level. Phelm is starting to become green. I really believe I had bronchitis. Because it started out as a deep crackling cough. Then that led to throat irritation. Then a chest cold. Then subsided 8 days later. Then few days later till the weather became wet and cold then worked it's way upwards. Going to the walk in clinic today.[/

I hate to say this but this sounds like the beginnings of pneumonia and or bronchitis either way you need to rest and go to the er to heck with the walk in clinic I almost died due to a walk in clinic . they did not dx my pneumonia and if I had waited two more days I would have been dead I kid you not .... go now get off the computer I'm sorry if I'm scaring you but maybe being scared is a good thing because at least like me you will be scared enough to go to the er .

Old 09-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Doc gave me a Z-pack. Also flonase and encouraged using nasal saline. Bit worried about rest as I work an evening shift today and a day shift tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:41 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Doc gave me a Z-pack. Also flonase and encouraged using nasal saline. Bit worried about rest as I work an evening shift today and a day shift tomorrow.

did they take a chest xray ? did you tell them you had to work ? I don't think you should be in contact with the public because you might possibly be highly contagious and will infect your co workers and your customers . see they did exactly to me what they are doing to you giving you meds and then you progressively get worse . Please go to the er and get a chest x ray and make sure you don't have pneumonia and or bronchitis .

Old 09-08-2017, 04:23 PM

Feeling some what better. Now having terrible sinus pressure. Sunday was the last day I took a Sudafed so considering a Sudafed tonight with Advil to relieve sinus pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness