Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 02:56 PM

696 posts, read 898,428 times

Advertisements

I have noticed this lately. You call and get on hold. Music....then a human recorded voice....saying thank you for holding, please continue to hold....then more music...then the voice again that shocks you out of your stupor..then music..repeat. Why can't it just be music or silence so you can multitask while holding without the false hope and interruptions?

Old 09-27-2017, 03:27 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,557,815 times
They all do this to drive people nuts...letting people go and adding music tapes...

Old 09-27-2017, 03:49 PM

49,976 posts, read 63,301,795 times
Your call is very important to us.....OMG, not only that, but in person too.
Me, "Is my prescription ready?"
Bored employee, "It will be ready in 15 minutes".
Maybe 40 minutes later my prescription is ready. I live 5 minutes from the pharmacy, if they would just tell the truth, I could have come back later instead of sitting watching a sad trail of coughing germy folks.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:52 PM

2,836 posts, read 2,088,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
I have noticed this lately. You call and get on hold. Music....then a human recorded voice....saying thank you for holding, please continue to hold....then more music...then the voice again that shocks you out of your stupor..then music..repeat. Why can't it just be music or silence so you can multitask while holding without the false hope and interruptions?
how else are they going to drive people nuts which leads to more prescribing which leads to more money for big pharma and money grubbing docs..............or something.

try grape seed extract while on hold, it will calm your nerves.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:07 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Your call is very important to us.....OMG, not only that, but in person too.
Me, "Is my prescription ready?"
Bored employee, "It will be ready in 15 minutes".
Maybe 40 minutes later my prescription is ready. I live 5 minutes from the pharmacy, if they would just tell the truth, I could have come back later instead of sitting watching a sad trail of coughing germy folks.
I spoke to a woman in line at Pharmaca. once. She said she'd called her prescription in at 10:00 a.m., 1 hr. after they'd opened. Normally, the order would be ready at noon or earlier. She came in at mid-afternoon, 3:00-ish. They said it wasn't ready. They asked her to wait, and they'd "get to it"! She waited. Others ahead of her had their new orders filled on the spot, while she waited for her 10:00 a.m. order to be filled. Close to 40 minutes had gone by, and she was till waiting, hopping mad. She said it was an easy order, would only take them 5 minutes. She said that was the end, for Pharmaca; she'd take her business elsewhere.

I've also been to a pharmacy in town that had what seemed line new hires straight from the community college pharmacy tech program. Really young women, who were rude and poorly informed. No clue about customer service. I don't know why the pharmacists allowed the situation to drag on for a few years, until they finally got rid of them. They were well aware that customers weren't happy, and that the women were immature, like teenagers at their first job.

OK, /rant.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
how else are they going to drive people nuts which leads to more prescribing which leads to more money for big pharma and money grubbing docs..............or something.

try grape seed extract while on hold, it will calm your nerves.
Oh so cute, it could help.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:24 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,944,472 times
I was at my pharmacy today (little pharma) and they were so sweet, as always. They spend time talking to me and answering questions. Love the employees there.

My doctor's office lets me contact them online, which I love, because I never have to wait on hold listening to those messages about how important I am to them. I remember the days when a human would answer the phone immediately and actually speak to you. Those were the days.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,286,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
...try grape seed extract while on hold, it will calm your nerves.

Better yet, use the grape seed extract to clean your car windshield (as someone else suggested in another thread) and kill two birds (clean windshield and calmed nerves) with one supplement.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Better yet, use the grape seed extract to clean your car windshield (as someone else suggested in another thread) and kill two birds (clean windshield and calmed nerves) with one supplement.
Oh another cute idea. My how childish of some here. Do all you can to "get back" at those who are not in love with pharma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.