U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 PM

18,555 posts, read 6,037,470 times

Advertisements

If there were guarantees, they could have my knee but I live with mistakes from another replacement. If I were in the business, I'd be all for them too.

Elective means we elect. Otherwise there are emergencies, accidents, etc etc etc.

You and Dr. Darrow speak from two different sides.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:20 PM

4,611 posts, read 10,471,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If there were guarantees, they could have my knee but I live with mistakes from another replacement. If I were in the business, I'd be all for them too.

Elective means we elect. Otherwise there are emergencies, accidents, etc etc etc.

You and Dr. Darrow speak from two different sides.
YOU said MOST knee replacements are elective.....ALL knee replacement surgeries are elective..

NO ONE has ever said ANY surgery comes with a guarantee.....such is life

IF I were making thousands from a non reimbursible out of pocket only procedure like your DR Darrow I would be all over the radio drumming up business too....he is basically printing money with no need to prove his procedures actually work and no worries about insurance covering his procedures...

I am all for joint replacement surgery because I KNOW it works, no ifs ands or buts about it...

Old 03-11-2018, 03:42 PM

18,555 posts, read 6,037,470 times
Dr. Darrow is a very reputable MD who is offering alternatives to those invasive surgeries. And listening to him today when the old class of surgeons are done with their years of surgery, they will all be offering PRP/Stem Cells as he teaches all the young medical students at UCLA now. Even some ortho MD's are trying them on their patients but they don't have the knowledge Darrow has enlisted in his 20 yrs of this work.

All the surgical hospitals are so set up and invested in more and more surgeries, that a surgeon just can't change his practice that he went to school for years ago. PRP/Stems can be in and out in a short amount of time...and Yes everyone is different in how much injections will work for their issues.

Most knee replacements are Elective by the patient but there are plenty done that are emergencies from whatever trauma to the body one has gone thru. When one is rushed into surgery to try to put a person together.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:59 PM

4,611 posts, read 10,471,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Dr. Darrow is a very reputable MD who is offering alternatives to those invasive surgeries. And listening to him today when the old class of surgeons are done with their years of surgery, they will all be offering PRP/Stem Cells as he teaches all the young medical students at UCLA now. Even some ortho MD's are trying them on their patients but they don't have the knowledge Darrow has enlisted in his 20 yrs of this work.

All the surgical hospitals are so set up and invested in more and more surgeries, that a surgeon just can't change his practice that he went to school for years ago. PRP/Stems can be in and out in a short amount of time...and Yes everyone is different in how much injections will work for their issues.

Most knee replacements are Elective by the patient but there are plenty done that are emergencies from whatever trauma to the body one has gone thru. When one is rushed into surgery to try to put a person together.
NOPE....ALL knee replacement surgeries are ELECTIVE

There is no such thing as an "EMERGENCY knee replacement"....they don't happen...EVER....

Knee replacements aren't done for trauma patient's emergently.....trust me on this you have no knowledge in this area. Trauma surgeons certainly don't knee replacements.

The rest of your post ignores basic facts of medical practice and training...

Bottom line there is NO EVIDENCE PRP INJECTIONS ACTUALLY WORK.....hence insurance does not pay ......
hence they won't be replacing knee surgeries any time soon....or ever likely

Guess what the "old class of surgeons" do every day in teaching hospitals like mine every day all across the country....they train a NEW CLASS OF JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGEONS

Joint replacement surgery isn't going anywhere and your talk show host Doctor holds ZERO influence over the future direction of medicine in general and Orthopedic Surgery in particular

Old 03-11-2018, 04:29 PM

19,617 posts, read 53,354,626 times
This thread has run its course and is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or