U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 AM
 
1,712 posts, read 1,581,997 times
Reputation: 2509

Advertisements

Low grade fevers are common after any surgery. As long as it stays below 101.5 and no other issues such as chills or vomiting it’s considered normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2018, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Coastal Georgia
37,090 posts, read 45,584,713 times
Reputation: 61691
I had my gallbladder out New Years Day, because of stones in the gallbladder (and one in a bile duct). I went home the same day and was uncomfortable the next day. I do not think I have any more intestinal upsets than when I had the gallbladder. I take Nexium for GERD, but I have many fewer flair ups without the gallbladder.

For those who are having a lot of diarrhea, perhaps you need to avoid certain foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 PM
 
4,431 posts, read 2,605,246 times
Reputation: 10289
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
My nausea was on and off for a few months after my gall bladder. It flared up with any rich or fried foods or if I didn't keep something in my stomach. Also spicy food was bad. It does get better but I lived on zofran for a while. Hang in there!
^i agree.

Even though old post , this is for new gallbladder people:

I had problems with involuntary vomiting prior to gallbladder surgery.

The gall bladder emits bile, which helps break down fried, fatty or rich foods. Without it, one should really not be eating such foods.

I too lived on zolfran before during and after gallbladder surgery. But now i dont need it.

DO make an appt with your doctor to be sure there are no complications from the surgery, otherwise you should adapt in time to life without your gallbladder.

Best to you...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2018, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Boonies
1,829 posts, read 2,733,396 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy.lee1989 View Post
so I'm 2 weeks post op, and I have soo many Facebook friends that have had their gallbladder removed and they all say they had no problem afterwards and that maybe I should contact my doctor about it, but the nurse said it's normal for some people.
I had no stones. my gallbladder just wasn't working. before surgery I was constantly sick for about a month, nausea, pain, it was horrible. since the surgery though, I still get nauseous. mostly mornings, but sometimes it does last just about all day. I have zofran, but like this morning, i took one and it didnt really help much. it used to completely help but now not so much. it makes it hard to eat sometimes. my nurse said as long as I'm drinking everything is ok but when I don't eat the nausea gets worse and I feel like im about to pass out. i just dont know if this is normal. i cant take it anymore. i want to get back to doing whatci want when i want and this sucks. most days is spent with me at home not going out, mostly sitting down nauseated . is this normal after gallbladder removal? had anyone else went thru this or is this not normal? if it is normal go long does it last? i cant take it anymore.
What kind of pain did you have prior to your surgery? My son just recently had an u/s on his gallbladder but no stones. The Dr was still suspicious of his gallbladder, so he had another test done and she said that he had a dysfunctioning gallbladder and that he should have it out. He said the pain goes right into his upper back etc.,

Also, I hope you start feeling better soon. I had mine out years ago due to stones. I was a little sick afterward but eventually got better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2018, 02:02 AM
 
4,431 posts, read 2,605,246 times
Reputation: 10289
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
What kind of pain did you have prior to your surgery? My son just recently had an u/s on his gallbladder but no stones. The Dr was still suspicious of his gallbladder, so he had another test done and she said that he had a dysfunctioning gallbladder and that he should have it out. He said the pain goes right into his upper back etc.,

Also, I hope you start feeling better soon. I had mine out years ago due to stones. I was a little sick afterward but eventually got better.
It took them 5 whole years to decide my gallbladder had to cone out.

I would eat, and hsve a pain in right upper quadrant ( right where the gallbladder would be).
Then id be nauseous and sonetines vomit.

They kept saying i " had no stones, but my gallbladder was full of sludge".didnt sound healthy to me...i mean "sludge"????

It got to tge point i could not keep even a Tums or a sip of water down, id vomit 7 straight days ( stuff [bile] was coming put of me i couldn't understand since i could not ingest anything) and then go to the emergency room EVERY MONTH.

Finally i told them "find the problem and fix it, or id go to the other hospital and if they fixed it id know this hospital was a fake at really treating people. "

They did another CT scan and said my gallbladder was " distended, mis shapen and full of sludge", and called in a specialist. He said immediately he could solve 99% of my problems by taking it out, based only on my complained symptoms.

It is interesting to note they didnt want to touch it because i had no stones!

My cousins daughter had the same ordeal i did over her gallbladder, it seems in another area of the country.

So if hes having side pain and vomiting or nausea they should look at his gallbladder.

And yes, it solved my involuntary vomiting problems. And the pain in my side when i ate.

Best to your son...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2019, 05:51 PM
 
1 posts, read 106 times
Reputation: 10
I had my gallbladder out February 17 of 2019 and I still have nausea a lot I was reading everybody’s opinions and everything and I hope it gets better because this is horrible I take ginger root it helps and I hope This nausea goes away soon I don’t know how much more I can take
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2019, 07:06 PM
 
Location: SW Florida
9,741 posts, read 7,022,649 times
Reputation: 14219
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
It took them 5 whole years to decide my gallbladder had to cone out.

I would eat, and hsve a pain in right upper quadrant ( right where the gallbladder would be).
Then id be nauseous and sonetines vomit.

They kept saying i " had no stones, but my gallbladder was full of sludge".didnt sound healthy to me...i mean "sludge"????

It got to tge point i could not keep even a Tums or a sip of water down, id vomit 7 straight days ( stuff [bile] was coming put of me i couldn't understand since i could not ingest anything) and then go to the emergency room EVERY MONTH.

Finally i told them "find the problem and fix it, or id go to the other hospital and if they fixed it id know this hospital was a fake at really treating people. "

They did another CT scan and said my gallbladder was " distended, mis shapen and full of sludge", and called in a specialist. He said immediately he could solve 99% of my problems by taking it out, based only on my complained symptoms.

It is interesting to note they didnt want to touch it because i had no stones!

My cousins daughter had the same ordeal i did over her gallbladder, it seems in another area of the country.

So if hes having side pain and vomiting or nausea they should look at his gallbladder.

And yes, it solved my involuntary vomiting problems. And the pain in my side when i ate.

Best to your son...

As I understand it-from what I've read, what others I know have related from their own experiences, many docs will recommend having one's gallbladder out if there is sludge present even if there are no formed stones seen. From what I've read, the opinions vary, from watching and waiting to see if the sludge goes away ( they say sometimes it does, especially if the cause, such as pregnancy, is temporary), or the sludge may get worse, form stones and cause inflammation in the gallbladder.

I was having what I thought were gallbladder issues last fall- this around the same time and after I had several bleeding gastric ulcers. I mentioned this to the surgeon treating me for the ulcers, and he ordered an ultrasound and Hida scan. The report came back with no stones but sludge present, and the surgeon told me this would likely not get better, and would cause gallbladder inflammation and more pain. He advised surgery but said it was up to me if I wanted to wait.

Well, this info came around the time I was having some cardiac issues that needed to be resolved, and I figured I'd never get cardiac clearance for surgery with these issues, so I'd get those taken care of first, and pleaded with my gallbladder to just sit tight and behave, and I was careful what I ate. Thank goodness it's listened to me, at least most of the time.

I never expected the cardiac issues to become the three ring circus they did, or take so long to address. It's been 7 months, and I figure it may be another several months before I can get to the gallbladder. Fortunately, with watching what I eat, and some Pepto Bismol, it's not been too bad most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 09:34 AM
 
1 posts, read 52 times
Reputation: 10
I had mine on 2-26-19 and had pain to right of belly button for several months. That has finally just went away in the last 2 weeks. Now I have Nausea after almost every meal and sometimes just get nausea for no reason. Never had any issue with GERD but last 3 or 4 days have that as well. So I'm with you I sure the hope the nausea goes away SOON!

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,633 posts, read 8,219,173 times
Reputation: 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjonbil View Post
I had mine on 2-26-19 and had pain to right of belly button for several months. That has finally just went away in the last 2 weeks. Now I have Nausea after almost every meal and sometimes just get nausea for no reason. Never had any issue with GERD but last 3 or 4 days have that as well. So I'm with you I sure the hope the nausea goes away SOON!

Good Luck!
Do research on ox bile and the gallbladder and removal issues and also Acid Bile Factors and I work and use these and have my G.B. but this addition to my life makes a good difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 11:46 PM
 
4,976 posts, read 11,039,976 times
Reputation: 11803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Do research on ox bile and the gallbladder and removal issues and also Acid Bile Factors and I work and use these and have my G.B. but this addition to my life makes a good difference.
Moderator cut: rudeness removed

People who have had their gallbladder removed don’t need “ox bile” or any other bile salts or supplements

Moderator cut: rudeness removed

Last edited by in_newengland; Yesterday at 12:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top