U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:12 AM

13,343 posts, read 13,027,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I used Jublia and it was working and it did work on my little toe. It got most of my big toe and part of a middle toe. I have this damn fungus on three toes only. Odd. I think if I used Jublia for 3 years it would work, but DAMN that is a very long time. I would like to try laser, but I don't think it will work. If it did everyone would be lining up to get it done.

If someone has a real cure without oral meds, I think it would be a billion dollar med. Seems it hasn't been done yet, but Jublia is close.
I dunno. I was skeptical of the laser treatment (and OMG, the doc was a total whack job), but it really did work. I think 1) most people don't know about it and 2) it's not something your insurance will probably cover - you have to pay out of pocket.

I shelled out $1500 (the going rate). But I'd been stuffing money in my HSA for over a decade and figured I might as well use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 09:54 AM

29,055 posts, read 15,953,331 times
One of my girlfriends fought this for YEARS. She took prescription medication - regularly saw a podiatrist, etc and it never completely went away.

I have thickened toenails on my big and little toes ~ I just keep them trimmed and get regular pedicures and never give it a second thought. I mean, it's not completely gross but because they are so thick - I suspect I may have some form of it as well.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-13-2017 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:10 AM

885 posts, read 675,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I had some on my big toe and a smaller toe for a long time...probably a year or more. I tried all the stuff mentioned and had no success. I finally bought some Equate antifungal liquid (maximum strength, undecyclenic acid, "compare to Fungi Nail") and used it diligently for several months....I saw results pretty quickly and now it's all gone and hasn't come back. My mother told me it would never go away.

One thing I did was that I covered the nail, the cuticle, and even put some behind the nail....I kept it long enough to catch and hold the liquid.

The key is to be consistent and keep at it, as it takes months, maybe even a year or so, depending on the severity of the case, to be completely rid of it.
I've been doing this for years and it's not working. Or, maybe it is sort of working and things would be worse if I stopped, but I definitely still have toe fungus. It's on every toe on my right foot, but none on left.

I almost never wear shoes, and when I do, it's just flip flops, so they're exposed to plenty of air.

I was looking on You Tube and saw something that looked interesting. A guy filled up small balloons about 1/3 of the way full with red wine vinegar, and tied them over his toes for an hour every night. They looked like little toe condoms. He said that the red wine vinegar would swish around and thoroughly coat the nails that way, while using very little vinegar. He used a syringe to insert the vinegar into the balloons. He also had a metal nail file and would pick out the crumbled keratin frequently, sterilizing the file between uses.

I figure it can't hurt, since the medication route isn't doing the trick.

There were some really gross videos on You Tube that made me feel a little better about my own situation. Like, thank goodness I'm not THAT bad.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:55 AM

1,844 posts, read 5,519,956 times
Thank you all for your experiences! I want to highly recommend trying urine, because it is still working (it's been a month and I can better see the clear nail starting at the bottom). I have the urine in a cup (covered) and it needs to be changed out about once a week; if it starts to get dark you need to change it. My naturopath had suggested the silver gel (colloidal silver) and I thought it was helping but the urine seems to be better.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:57 PM

10 posts, read 2,983 times
My doctor prescribed me Julbia and I have been using it for awhile and it seems to be working. If that doesn't work then my doctor told me he will prescribe me a oral tablet.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 260 times
Arishine Fungus Treatment works the best for me. Fungus is hard to treat and goes for long time. I checked Amazon for Fungus product and found this. This one got 4.5 stars from more than 800 people. I usually pay about $20 abut it's on sale now. hope this helps. waimore.com/2019/01/07/arishine

Old 01-09-2019, 05:03 AM

14,997 posts, read 12,074,211 times
Had the same problem now on one toenail for about ten years.... tried everything.. but I keep it filed down and put some Kefir on it, should do it daily but dont... its supposed to kill the bacteria..

Old 01-10-2019, 03:48 PM

29,308 posts, read 46,268,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Thanks for the diluted clorox tip, haven't heard that one before. Yeah I've had lots of bloodwork done in the last year, not diabetic. I was very low in Vit D and I have an autoimmune disease (hashimoto's). I also go sockless for as long as I can (it's hard in winter!). I don't know if it's related to diet; I'm eating more alkaline than I was months ago, but that doesn't seem to affect it.

I read that something like FungiNail worked for some people. I think my mom is going to try that stuff. I don't plan to use a prescription, I won't do that to my body.

Wear all cotton socks
What kind of shoes do you wear?
You don't want to wear anything. That. Traps. Perspiration

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

195 posts, read 478,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
I've had toenail fungus (on different toes) for a few years and have done a lot of research. I'm an essential oil nut and have tried tea tree, also tried a blend with some other oils. I tried coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, silver gel, and Vicks gel. Most of these I tried for a few months. Often I would start to see improvement at the base of the nail, but after a while it would cloud over again. I bought a product (Clear Nail or something?) that was both topical and oral, it seemed to help but I ran out of the oral and you can't just buy more of it without the topical (I had plenty of that left). My coworker told me to try my own urine. I apply it twice a day and it seems to be working. I just hope it continues to work because I have one nail that is really bad and it scares me.

So I've read what worked for others but I seem to have a very extreme case on one toe. Wanted to share my experience and hope to hear from others with extremely stubborn cases.
I once had my toenails removed but it came right back rather quickly.

Tried the store bought stuff. It was worthless. Then I read that white vinegar was used as an antiseptic during the Civil War when there wasn't much else to use.

I used the bottle and brush the store bought stuff came with. I filled the bottle up with white vinegar and faithfully painted all my toenails morning and night. I made sure that got right to the edges so some would soak in. In the course of about a year I lost all my toenails. I didn't know I had fungus in all of them. I thought it was just the big toes. Every one I lost had a brand new one under it. Usually there would be a tug when I was putting my sock on and another nail would be gone.

I know America is only interested in quick fixes so most people won't be interested in this method and will laugh at it. I have to heavily emphasize this is not permanent. Apparently it is a virus so you have to keep an eye out for it coming back because eventually it will when you get your new nails and quit using it. Of course it is goodbye to nail polish.

Same as the endless weigh loss commercials of no cooking or grocery buying just eat the stuff they send you. It took me 10 years to lose 80 pounds but it was permanent weigh loss and I learned the proper way to eat. The above in both cases is the result of having no money for todays methods. I'm old school.

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

21,511 posts, read 7,256,495 times
I may have mentioned this above, but a friend's podiatrist told her to soak her toe in somewhat diluted clorox and it worked...so I did it too. I had a big toe with fungus for quite a while and it's gone. She soaked it twice a day and I did it once in the evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness