U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 05:21 PM

547 posts, read 201,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I took a prescription drug for it, and it worked great. No problems from it at all. Fungus free, and happy not to have to pee on my feet.
Well I have moved past urine now on to using Apple Cider vinegar, white vinegar and tea tree oil as well as oregano oil and I read coconut oil works also. I am trying those before I touch bleach.
I was reading the side effects of the RX drug to cure this and it is not 100% as the fungus can come back one side effect is loss of sense of taste, one is loss of sight another is loss of hearing and loss of liver use. I think I will be ok losing my toenails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 09:47 AM

3,848 posts, read 2,490,158 times
I've read soaking in Listerine (amber colored original stuff) will help but it takes a while to work.

Old Today, 03:43 PM

2,636 posts, read 2,887,813 times
I used Vicks VapoRub. Not fancy forms of Vicks, just the old-fashioned VapoRub. It worked. It does take some months. Mine took about three months but I've read it can take up to six months and I knew a doctor who said his took over a year but finally worked. It also does require absolute strictness in application I applied it quite thickly every night after shower and sometimes during the day if I felt it had rubbed off on socks I was removing. But, always nightly, and covered with soft, loose-fitting socks when going to bed - the kind they make especially for diabetics. Cotton is best. And if I was just sitting around doing nothing that might rub off the Vicks, I put on no foot-covering at all. Let the nails breathe.

Just what I did. That was years ago and it has never returned. Good luck

Old Today, 03:50 PM

2,059 posts, read 999,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I was reading the side effects of the RX drug to cure this and it is not 100% as the fungus can come back one side effect is loss of sense of taste, one is loss of sight another is loss of hearing and loss of liver use. I think I will be ok losing my toenails.
Most drugs have possible side effects, but that doesn't mean you will actually get those side effects. I had no side effects whatsoever with the toenail Rx, and most other people don't either.

And my toenail is beautiful again. Well, as beautiful as a toenail can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness