Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 10:17 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
They are now declaring kids as young as age three as being transgender. And those who facilitate and implement the hormones, puberty blockers, breast implants, castration, mutilation and sterilization, should be charged with child abuse.

No problem if a person decided on his or her own, after the age of 18, that they want to change genders.
Three-year-olds are not having surgery.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:00 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Be well, geekigurl.

Perhaps some here will now understand that they are part of the minefield for transgender persons.
That minefield is self-made and can be eliminated in 5 minutes. Be what reality has made you. Some things about you can be changed. Others can never be changed. So ENDURE. Some things that cannot be changed must simply be endured. And you do that by focusing on other aspects of life. Profession, family, friends, accomplishments. None of that requires you to attempt to change what cannot be changed. And all provide some measure of happiness and contentment. Will you be totally content? Of course not, nobody can ever be. But at least you don't purposefully engage in torturing yourself by entertaining the impossible. If you have male junk and 46XY chromosomes, that's it. It's determined. You will be male, you will produce sperm cells, and you will not bear children. You will not be female, ever. Can't have that, shouldn't want it. Live with it. Endure. Don't question the universe. It is what it is and you are what you are. It is immutable, and your feelings are irrelevant. CHOOSE something else to feel important feelings about. Focusing is volitional. Concentrate and focus on things that can satisfy you OUTSIDE AND APART from changing what can never be changed. It really comes down to a simple personal decision and choosing what to focus on. The alternative is to choose despair and a life of torture, confusion, and the bewildered disapproval of those around you, including the polite liars who accede to political correctness and claim in public to be supportive while metaphysical faces are palmed in the privacy of their own thoughts.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:37 PM

439 posts, read 345,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
For (roughly) the 30th time...I don't have a mental illness. I appreciate your prayers.

I haven't mutilated my body. I have no idea what you are referring to. I will be referred to a surgeon trained in genital reconstruction, but surgery is hardly mutilation if performed correctly.

-------

After spending time talking to God, I think it's time for me to disengage. I realize now, that no matter what I say, no matter what evidence I provide, there are some people that will refuse to accept this, and they will never change. I have self-esteem issues, caused by the attitudes of others (mostly family), and this is not a good discussion for me to be in. I knew that from the beginning, but one of the most important things my Psychiatrist has taught me, is the importance of standing up for oneself. She also taught me that sometimes it's necessary to cut one's losses and remove oneself from toxic people and toxic situations. This has become toxic for me.

suzy, renee, xpat and others. I ask that you please continue. In your defending me and other trans people, you've been such a blessing to me, and undoubtedly others like me. Thank you, you all are more amazing than you know.
You're welcome for the prayers, at least I got that right And I will continue.

I didn't realize we were even discussing you personally, my bad. I should've read the posts.

Anyhow I want to say i am sure you are beautiful THE WAY YOU ARE. The reason that I know that is because you were created in GODS Image. Meant to be constantly conforming to his image (Colossians 3). You just need to see yourself as such instead of having a low self esteem. Understand God found you worthy enough to knit together in your mothers womb.Psalm 139: 13-14. Every hair on your head numbered. You were a unique masterpiece by the Potter. Think of those he hasn't created. They are nothing, literally.
Even when you don't value yourself so much, He values you greatly.Eph 2:10, Psalm 139:16.
Again, I am SURE you are beautiful the way you are. You are valuable to God, and anyone who says otherwise, is being untruthful

Old 10-15-2017, 12:31 AM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
That minefield is self-made and can be eliminated in 5 minutes. Be what reality has made you. Some things about you can be changed. Others can never be changed. So ENDURE. Some things that cannot be changed must simply be endured. And you do that by focusing on other aspects of life. Profession, family, friends, accomplishments. None of that requires you to attempt to change what cannot be changed. And all provide some measure of happiness and contentment. Will you be totally content? Of course not, nobody can ever be. But at least you don't purposefully engage in torturing yourself by entertaining the impossible. If you have male junk and 46XY chromosomes, that's it. It's determined. You will be male, you will produce sperm cells, and you will not bear children. You will not be female, ever. Can't have that, shouldn't want it. Live with it. Endure. Don't question the universe. It is what it is and you are what you are. It is immutable, and your feelings are irrelevant. CHOOSE something else to feel important feelings about. Focusing is volitional. Concentrate and focus on things that can satisfy you OUTSIDE AND APART from changing what can never be changed. It really comes down to a simple personal decision and choosing what to focus on. The alternative is to choose despair and a life of torture, confusion, and the bewildered disapproval of those around you, including the polite liars who accede to political correctness and claim in public to be supportive while metaphysical faces are palmed in the privacy of their own thoughts.
If it comes down to 46XY chromosomes and "male junk" what do you say to people with complete androgen insensitivity (testicular feminization) syndrome?

They have XY chromosomes and testes but externally look female. The vast majority have a female gender identity. They cannot respond to testosterone and there is no treatment that will make them be able to do so.

Which restroom should they use?

Why shouldn't you just keep your disapproval of conditions you do not understand to yourself instead of imposing it on another human being and causing him or her misery?

How dare you say another person's feelings are irrelevant?

Old 10-15-2017, 03:07 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Guess what, you don't get to decide what a person wants to do with their own body and feelings. At the end of the day, it's their own decision.

Tough luck and tough **** for you

Old 10-15-2017, 08:28 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Quote:
This is incorrect. It is an artificial and false construction to separate your physicality from your mind. They are inextricably linked and comprise your human identity. Your gender includes the physicality that you are born with. It cannot be changed, and the best approach is to make peace with reality. And this can be done, it's simply a matter of making a decision, and then exercising volitional focus.
Your position on this is a full 180 degrees from what psychological and neurological studies show. Thus, your opinion may be yours but it has no credibility on this subject.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:00 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,006 times
Honestly, I just can't care. I feel sorry for them, because it must be a constant battle to war with that kind of gender confusion. But I'm not a surgeon or a therapist, so there's really not much I can do about it. I am sick and tired of all the PC b.s. about gender pronouns, etc. If you are so mixed-up about your gender that you take a drastic step and rearrange your whole biological make up, seems like you could be a little forgiving if the rest of us are also confused about what you are, too, instead of taking it as a personal insult if we forget to call you "her" instead of "it" or "they" or whatever. A transgender has often been thinking about this, going through psych evaluation, physical evaluation, surgery, etc. for YEARS before presenting their change to the world. It might take the rest of us a little time to catch up, too, don't you think?

I was talking to my son the other day about this, and made the comment that I felt like gender confusion was more of a mental illness than a biological imperative, and that being transgender is the "cause du jour" and I was just pretty much over it.

He had an interesting response: "Well, Mom, you know, they used to think being homosexual was a mental illness, too."

Hmm.

Somehow, I think there's a fine line difference there between being physically and emotionally attracted to the same sex, and loathing the body you inhabit so much that you want to chop off pieces of it, sew on other pieces, and then pretend to be something that you aren't.

Last edited by dblackga; 10-15-2017 at 10:15 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Your position on this is a full 180 degrees from what psychological and neurological studies show. Thus, your opinion may be yours but it has no credibility on this subject.
This is not about science or medicine. We don't need any studies. It's more about philosophy. Choosing how to live your life, given the realities that exist and cannot be changed. The neurological and psychological studies say Bruce Jenner can be a woman. Does anyone in their right mind look at the transformed Bruce Jenner, who by the way has infinite funds to indulge himself, and think in any way, shape, or form that he is a woman? Is what he has become in any way feminine? Or does he appear to a rather hulking mass of confused pathos?

It's really not about theoretical science, it's about human life, and what is possible to a human life on Earth in the real world. And it's also about the power of focus and creating a positive and fulfilling life even when there are limitations and exclusions. Examples are abundant among those who are blind, paraplegic, broke, disadvantaged, what have you. People do amazing things with their lives in spite of conditions that would seem insurmountable to those of us whose big problem for the day is a broken dishwasher. And it starts with accepting reality and figuring out a strategy to overcome what cannot be and will never be.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

We can remove the God invocation if we are an atheist. But the rest is in full force, especially the last part.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If it comes down to 46XY chromosomes and "male junk" what do you say to people with complete androgen insensitivity (testicular feminization) syndrome?

They have XY chromosomes and testes but externally look female. The vast majority have a female gender identity. They cannot respond to testosterone and there is no treatment that will make them be able to do so.

Which restroom should they use?

Why shouldn't you just keep your disapproval of conditions you do not understand to yourself instead of imposing it on another human being and causing him or her misery?

How dare you say another person's feelings are irrelevant?

True disease conditions and deformities based on screwed up chemistry or DNA abnormalities is a different case and a different discussion. I would advise the .00000001% of the population with such a deformity and who achieve functional adulthood to pick the bathroom they look like and use the stall rather than the urinal.

In the real world this is sublimely rare, and no one would ever notice or care.

Again, totally different discussion.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Guess what, you don't get to decide what a person wants to do with their own body and feelings. At the end of the day, it's their own decision.

Tough luck and tough **** for you

I agree it's a free country and everyone can do exactly what they want. And that's how it should stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness