U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 07:17 PM

5,644 posts, read 3,194,565 times

Advertisements

Just one article out of many.

https://www.eyeworld.org/article-see...e-with-fluoros

I took Cipro in 2009. Female and over 60. Fit their profile.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 06:59 AM

4,621 posts, read 10,497,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Yeah, as other poster said, stop nitpicking terms, medical professionals. Break out in hives from certain foods? Ok, allergy. Simple. Don't eat those foods. Need medical degree for that? Must be some Pill you can take for that, right? All your problems solved?

What we are all talking about are not benign reactions like hives. Damn, I know fully well about hives from food, and "atopic dermatitis". I can cover up so others cannot see my hives and think I have some contagious disease. How are you supposed to "cover up" when you go into shock, cannot walk, or see, from a drug? We don't need you doctors to tell us the difference just because you are more "educated" than we are.

I'd take hives any day over double vision, having had BOTH. Would you medical professionals consider double vision from a drug to be a MINOR reaction?????
Get over yourself...

Doesn't sound like you know "fully well" about "hives from food and atopic dermatitis" Atopic dermatitis isn't hives and has no relation to what you eat its a form of eczema typically seen in infants...

No one said these "adverse reactions" are "minor"

That still does not make discerning between "allergies" and "adverse reactions" nitpicking or unimportant

In your example above the "hives" someone presents with from eating certain foods can rapidly progress to urticaria to anaphylaxis....

So yeah "treatment" might need to be more than just avoiding those foods...

Old 07-21-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Get over yourself...

Doesn't sound like you know "fully well" about "hives from food and atopic dermatitis" Atopic dermatitis isn't hives and has no relation to what you eat its a form of eczema typically seen in infants...

No one said these "adverse reactions" are "minor"

That still does not make discerning between "allergies" and "adverse reactions" nitpicking or unimportant

In your example above the "hives" someone presents with from eating certain foods can rapidly progress to urticaria to anaphylaxis....

So yeah "treatment" might need to be more than just avoiding those foods...
Can you diagnose from the Net? I used the term hives for simplicity. They weren't. Nothing like what I got from my reaction to eating strawberries.

These "hives" grouped together in patches. Then they formed white crusts over them. Patches of white crusts all over, including on my eyelids. Fun. That Dermatologist initially thought I might have Psoriasis. She SAW them. Did YOU? Why did she even bother doing a biopsy on them????? Couldn't she just diagnose by looking at them? Everything came back negative; both for Psoriasis and Lupus. She did not think it was a food allergy and told me it was something that was coming into contact with my skin. "Change your soaps and detergents".

That Dermatologist was the person who called it Atopic Dermatitis. Well, but hey, you can diagnose sight unseen, and without reading biopsy results.

I did not "get over myself". I found out what was coming into contact with my skin, and eliminated the cause. Clear skin today; minus any medication or doctor's care.

Edit: Jamin knows what I am talking about. Yes, it is indirectly connected to the OT. I will now "get over myself". Who cares if might be useful information to someone else?

Last edited by Jo48; 07-21-2018 at 08:55 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 09:15 AM

4,621 posts, read 10,497,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Can you diagnose from the Net? I used the term hives for simplicity. They weren't. Nothing like what I got from my reaction to eating strawberries.

These "hives" grouped together in patches. Then they formed white crusts over them. Patches of white crusts all over, including on my eyelids. Fun. That Dermatologist initially thought I might have Psoriasis. She SAW them. Did YOU? Why did she even bother doing a biopsy on them????? Couldn't she just diagnose by looking at them? Everything came back negative; both for Psoriasis and Lupus. She did not think it was a food allergy and told me it was something that was coming into contact with my skin. "Change your soaps and detergents".

That Dermatologist was the person who called it Atopic Dermatitis. Well, but hey, you can diagnose sight unseen, and without reading biopsy results.

I did not "get over myself". I found out what was coming into contact with my skin, and eliminated the cause. Clear skin today; minus any medication or doctor's care.

Edit: Jamin knows what I am talking about. Yes, it is indirectly connected to the OT. I will now "get over myself". Who cares if might be useful information to someone else?
Guarantee the dermatologist didn't call it "atopic dermatitis"

What you just described is "contact dermatitis"

Two totally different diagnoses....

And no, not even indirectly associated to the OT or even secondary topic of drug related allergies vs adverse reactions

Old 07-28-2018, 03:25 PM

18,804 posts, read 6,138,018 times
Just heard my Saturday hour with Dr. Darrow and he got a caller about the damage from this class of abx drugs and he said he gets more and more patients with these ruptures and a lot of body pain all over. And yes PRP/Stem Cells can help to repair the damage. Still waiting for health insurance to jump on these treatments.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Guarantee the dermatologist didn't call it "atopic dermatitis"

What you just described is "contact dermatitis"

Two totally different diagnoses....

And no, not even indirectly associated to the OT or even secondary topic of drug related allergies vs adverse reactions
Ok, whatever Mr. WebMd. Back to Cipro. Are you also going to deny that I had a "severe reaction" after taking an antibiotic I had never taken before? Two 750 mg. Cipro for one day. Ringing in your ears and double vision is normal? Stop taking them and within 24 hours ringing in ears goes away. Coincidence? Only DOCTOR can diagnose the cause? The double vision did take months to go away.

The only antibiotics I have taken as an adult have been 250 mg. amoxicillin for infected teeth prescribed by a DDS. When I needed an antibiotic for an infected tooth (medical term?) after that Cipro incident, I told the Dentist not to give me Cipro. "Don't worry." "We don't proscribe that stuff here". Maybe you better get Dentists on board with your views.

How did one poster put it? Killing a Mouse with a Flame Thrower? While the Opthamologist I went to did not blame the Cipro per se, he did think I might have been given too high a dosage of it, in addition to how much I was injected with in the UCC.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:46 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-finds-n891871

Old 07-28-2018, 05:56 PM

18,804 posts, read 6,138,018 times
Interesting, guess it does not surprise me.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:28 PM

21,494 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Interesting, guess it does not surprise me.
"Experts say the problem is caused in part by patients who demand them when they aren't needed."

Old 07-28-2018, 09:34 PM

5,416 posts, read 3,386,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Experts say the problem is caused in part by patients who demand them when they aren't needed."

^Spoilsport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or