U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 05:06 PM

3,463 posts, read 2,290,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
My response was to the post about antibiotic overprescribing in urgent care centers. I merely provided a reason that it happens. it would also be useful to know whether overprescribing differs between physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.

I never said that overprescribing is correct.

There are practices where bad reviews will cost a doctor money. They exist. It's naive to think that will not affect prescribing.
Round and round in circles we go. And I never once said anywhere that you said "overprescribing is correct" so I have not a clue where you are getting that from.

And, if you would read what I posted, I said that there are LOTS of businesses that get bad reviews that affect their businesses unjustifiably, not just doctors. So they just write a rebuttal and then move on for crying out loud!

And who is being naive and thinking that bad reviews for not subscribing antibiotics may not affect their income? No one! They can just write a damn rebuttal to the bad review to justify their stance and get over it already! If they don't then that is their problem.

And if you would actually read the links you post it does have some average percentages between urgent cares, clinics and ERs, etc that overprescribe. And I have not a clue if you are going to find any other articles or stats on anything more fine-tuned than that if that is what you are looking for.

I have not a clue why you are so invested like you are in this but no one is going to be able to answer your question unless they took a survey themselves and asked the doctors, NPs, clinics, ERs, etc the specific questions themselves. Otherwise, the survey you posted previously pretty much answers your questions on who and why.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 09:53 AM

2,380 posts, read 6,073,907 times
I just completed treatment with Ciprodex,4 drop's twice daily for 7 days.I had bad ear ache and went t emergency care and was diagnosed with swimmers ear.I have not been swimming in 20 years.The antibiotic did clear bacteria.
The interesting part is that at end of April had dental work done and tooth and gum area was very,very sensitive.
On third or fourth day I woke up and realized the pain was gone and today excellent.The bacteria must have come from dental work,I am 85 and never have had ear ache.
On morning after series completion it had a reaction to my blood pressure,I got up and was dizzy almost unable to walk,checked BP, 185/92,after 2 hours was 160/70 and at end of day 123/63,thought I was in trouble.
I checked Google and read where this can happen,no mention on prescription warning's.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:17 PM

40,879 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
I just completed treatment with Ciprodex,4 drop's twice daily for 7 days.I had bad ear ache and went t emergency care and was diagnosed with swimmers ear.I have not been swimming in 20 years.The antibiotic did clear bacteria.
The interesting part is that at end of April had dental work done and tooth and gum area was very,very sensitive.
On third or fourth day I woke up and realized the pain was gone and today excellent.The bacteria must have come from dental work,I am 85 and never have had ear ache.
On morning after series completion it had a reaction to my blood pressure,I got up and was dizzy almost unable to walk,checked BP, 185/92,after 2 hours was 160/70 and at end of day 123/63,thought I was in trouble.
I checked Google and read where this can happen,no mention on prescription warning's.
Wow! Glad to hear that you are OK now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or